PMID703C screen hardware 'fix'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID703C screen hardware 'fix'

Hey all. So I've been playing with (and loving!) the PMID703c I got off **** but I noticed one thing that was buggin the heck out of me-on the upper left of the screen (immediately below the "Polaroid" logo/text) I noticed I was getting an odd screen artifact as I scrolled around, as if someone was pressing on it. Well, me being the tinkerer I am, I popped open the case and noticed that the speaker was directly behind that portion.

Here's what I did to fix the screen issue(admittedly not everything I did may have been necessary-just saying what *I* did to fix it):
    • Removed the foam underneath
    • got a thin piece of cardboard and placed it between the speaker and the back of the screen to shield the back of the screen somehow from directly touching the speaker.
    • LOOSENED the screw holding the speaker in place JUST ENOUGH so it was not pushing down on the edge of the screen (I'm guessing this last part was the key).

I think the manufacturer/someone ratcheted down too hard on the speaker and that was helping to compress the screen too much...

Anyhow, hopefully this will help someone else who may be experiencing this issue.
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1
Working...
X