Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaroid PMID4312 4.3 inch tablet Stock ROM located (with link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid PMID4312 4.3 inch tablet Stock ROM located (with link)

The Polaroid 43xx series has PMID4312 as follow-up to the popular PMID4311. From what I understand, the 4312 has a different touch screen controller and has Android based on Jelly Bean rather than Ice Cream Sandwich.

The Southern Telecom site is a bit lacking in information on the device. There is no mention of downloading a stock ROM in case the device becomes corrupt.

Mine got messed up when I botched installation of Google Play. It wasn't bricked, but stuck in a start-up loop that I couldn't resolve with ADB.

I got my PMID4312 fixed, and found out something that other might find useful about the device!

Southern Telecom has a 4311 firmware package posted with the filename: PMID4311_Firmware_4.0v1+2

In that package is a file: PMID4311_Firmware_4.0v2_TSfix.img

From what I can tell, this ROM is mis-identified. I was able to install this ROM on my 4312 and it identifies SETTINGS > ABOUT TABLET as Android version 4.1.1 which is Jelly Bean. It looks and functions exactly like the stock ROM did, and I think this IS the stock ROM.

LINK: http://www.southerntelecom.com/polar...port/firmware/

Posted with the intent that anyone seeking PMID4312 stock rom can find it.

- - -

EDIT:

There is an issue with this ROM on the PMID4312. The camera has the image flipped upside down. No idea why. Everything else seems okay.
    Last edited by Ameridat; 05-07-2015, 00:03.
Working...
X