Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXiii 1GB Keeps Rebooting or Freeze

Hi all,
    I have been coming here for a bit, this seems like a good community. Thanks for all the work, Openelec works so much better than the stock!

I have been getting problems with my Tronsmart MXiii 1gb this past week. I had put Openelec on it back in August and had no issues at all. All of a sudden the box just keeps rebooting over and over. The rebooting seems to stop by itself at some point. But if I were able to navigate the menu to somewhere it would just freeze. This first happened about 2,3 weeks ago. It happened 1 day and I tried everything, even hard reset the box. Thought it might be the HDMI cable, and I have changed cables, but don't seem to be the case. I was using Amber skin for the longest time and recently changed to Aeon Nox. Thought it might been a skin issue but even with Confluence, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Actually, with the rebooting issue, after few times, it will just change the skin to default automatically. This whole mess stopped at some point and was fine but happened again few days ago and have not stopped since.

Ex: when I turn on the box, popup comes up with Genesis Update, and usually that is when it keep rebooting. First, I thought it was because I was navigating the menu at the same time, but even not touching anything, it will reboot. Yesterday , I was trying to find an add-on, and everytime I go to Video Add-on, it freezes.

I see there is a new update for openelec that came out recently. I have not had a chance to update, I am hoping this would solve the issue, but think it might be something else?

Any ideas why this is happening? Anyone else encountered same issue?
Working...
X