Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble rooting my MK888 / K-R42 / T-R42 / CS918 / EKB311 - PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble rooting my MK888 / K-R42 / T-R42 / CS918 / EKB311 - PLEASE HELP!

Hello experts!

Please see the steps I took, and help me figure this one out:

1. Installed MoboRobo on my PC
    2. Connected the TV box, and got it recognized
    3. Closed MoboRobo
    4. Launched TPSarky.bat and followed instructions
    5. *At this stage I might have pressed the space key to reboot too early, for one of the three reboots
    6. TPSarky completed its work (meaning the UID=0 GID=0, and SuperSU was pushed)
    7. Device booted, SuperSU was there, but upon launching, it said there isn't an SU binary installed, and SuperSU can't install it

I tried several advices from different forums:

A. Pushing a different SU with another Superuser app, or different versions of the SU management apps
    B. Pushing the SU to /system/bin and also /system/xbin
    C. Using Fastboot to install a custom recovery (as I can't do it via the device itself) to update the SU with a flashable ZIP, but Fastboot didn't recognize the device (ADB does recognize it)
    D. Using RK Batch tool / Android tool to install the custom recovery, but it said "Load firmware failed", with no matter how many different recovery *.img files I tried (CWM or TWRP)

So now I'm kind of stuck in a situation, where ADB on my pc confirms the device is rooted (UID=0 , GID=0), but the device itself behaves like it's not.
    Any advice per how to handle this? Maybe there's a way to unroot by going back to factory settings, and run TPSarky from scratch? Maybe a step I'm missing to complete the root on the device?

Please please please advise, this is killing me...

Working...
X