X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like this
    current devices(rockchip sucks)
    Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
    Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
    rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Exactly!
      Thanks a lot!
      ROM - Tronsmart MK908 V3 Finless 1.4a ~Legitsu
      KERNEL - ddr720_CPU1600h_gpu600_MK908V3

Comment

MK 908 Freezing

Originally posted by TheDogg View Post
        Please download the AnTuTu CPU master free from market, open it and try to set the minimum to maximum frequency (1608Mhz) and then click Apply. when I click Apply, the stick it freezes and must forced restart, with this rom.
        Mine froze up also. I tried the reset button, no luck. How do you force restart when there are no off & volume buttons that are on a tablet?
        Thanks
        Bob

Comment

AW: Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Originally posted by bobbytool View Post
          Mine froze up also. I tried the reset button, no luck. How do you force restart when there are no off & volume buttons that are on a tablet?
          Thanks
          Bob
          Why not just pull the power cord?

Comment

Re: Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Exactly! Pull the power cord.

Sent from my GT-i9500 using Tapatalk 2
            ROM - Tronsmart MK908 V3 Finless 1.4a ~Legitsu
            KERNEL - ddr720_CPU1600h_gpu600_MK908V3

Comment

generic mk908 support

Hello,
              Does this ROM support generic mk908 devices? The ones with
              Honeycomb logo on it..

Thanks.

Comment

mk908II

Will you release a version of the finless rom to mk908II?

Comment

Originally posted by dorraba View Post
                  Will you release a version of the finless rom to mk908II?
                  Same here, I have tried to install the Rom for the MK908 on a MK908II, never been able to Erase NAND (IDB) after 15 attemps.

Look forward to seeing the Finless Rom for ML908II

Comment

Originally posted by libre.spirit View Post
                    Hello,
                    Does this ROM support generic mk908 devices? The ones with
                    Honeycomb logo on it..

Thanks.
                    +1
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bambi View Post
                      Same here, I have tried to install the Rom for the MK908 on a MK908II, never been able to Erase NAND (IDB) after 15 attemps.

Look forward to seeing the Finless Rom for ML908II
                      +1. Just ordered my 908ii, hope the ROM is live before it arrives!

Comment

usb to rj45 not working

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        OK folks... The "official ROM came out last night. So basically I did what I did to the BETA ROM.

Netflix WORKS! Also the kernel #21 in this is far more stable in my opinion.

So once again here is my ROM based on the Official 4.2.2 Tronsmart MK908 ROM.

Note: only difference is by POPULAR DEMAND, I change the size of the mouse pointer.

I am calling this a Finless 1.5 ROM to make sure there is no confusion with the BETA.

Enjoy,
                        Bob

Features and release notes for my MK908 4.2.2 1.5 ROM:

Features and release notes for my 1.5 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
                        BUT you also have parameter file options!
                        There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
                        Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
                        Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
                        I also updated Google Play to the latest version along with standard APPs.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
                        Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
                        Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
                        Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
                        Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                        I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                        Yuor device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
                        I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                        If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
                        Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                        Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                        Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a MK908.

9) RK Mirroring is enabled as always.
                        Also new to Android 4.2.2 is Wifi display.
                        If you have another 4.2.2 phone or tablet you can share your devices screen on your TV.

10) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
                        In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
                        NOTE: This is a NEW version and will not cause your TV stick to crash.
                        So if you have already installed RKRemote before you need to un-install it and re-install this version!!!!
                        You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
                        Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
                        ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

12) I have adjusted the mouse pointer size by request!
                        Stock rom was 55x55. The normal mouse pointer is 22x28 which is too small for many.
                        I made a 35x35 mouse pointer.
                        If you want to change that more discuss online and I will tell you how to do it.

13) 1080P Kernel if you want it! Tronsmart also released a 1080 kernel.
                        I have unpacked it from boot and made it a choice in this ROM package.
                        See instructions IN THE README for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
                        720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless 1.5 ROM (245 megs)

Enjoy,
                        Bob
                        I have a usb to rj45 with a ASIX AX88178 Controller and Realtek RTL8211CL PHY. I cant get it to work on any rom for the mk908. I have it working on a transformer tf201 with cynagon mod and stock rom. Is there any way to get support for this or should i just look for a new rj45 to usb?

Comment

Finless, will you make ROM for MK908 V3, as there is no ROM which works ? Thank you !

Comment

Google TV Screen Loop

I have flashed the Rom probably 5 times now and everytime I plug it into the TV it just gets stuck flashing the google tv boot screen on and off.
                            I've tried unplugging and plugging back in and still the same.
                            I notice one other user (pitha) on the forum had the same issue, and got no response

any help would be great thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rocknroller View Post
                              I have flashed the Rom probably 5 times now and everytime I plug it into the TV it just gets stuck flashing the google tv boot screen on and off.
                              I notice one other user (pitha) on the forum had the same issue, and got no response

you most likely have a V3 stick
                              search the forum for a V3 rom
                              current devices(rockchip sucks)
                              Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
                              Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
                              rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Originally posted by rocknroller View Post

I have had the same issue.
                                The solution for me was to use another power supply then the TV usb

Comment

Working...
                                X