Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amlogic S 805 through S812, Android KitKat ......Launchers Launchers Launchers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amlogic S 805 through S812, Android KitKat ......Launchers Launchers Launchers?

My post seems so trivial compared to the ROMS, the tools, the clones vs. non-clones with pics., etc. Still it's driving me nuts, so I'm asking - I've been looking at launchers shown on youtube and elsewhere for Android media boxes, such as the Amlogic units in this section. It seems very few will work. I had wanted to use the Android_TV launcher, aka Leanback Launcher but it only works for a few units. I've tried many a launcher but none seem to be what I want.
    For example I tried the HAL launcher, and it's clunky for my purposes. The Top-TV launcher(didn't work), the Shafa launcher(also didn't work), CodeRed launcher that does work, but installing all your youtube,facebook,twitter, email accounts etc just to load the home page seems silly, and it's irritating too. X'unity launcher works well, but you can't customize it and it has some quirks depending on the box.
    Tried the NOVA launcher(s), But, whats with the open spaces on the main screen, and the need to customize everything? I just want something to drop in,looks classy, and gets the job done. So, what do you guys suggest for Amlogic S802,S805,S812 units running Android KitKat 4.4? I see some really nice launcher mod's in these custom ROM's being developed and discussed. Can one of those work, or will it require flashing the whole ROM? If so, I wouldn't want to risk it since the boxes work well as is. The two built-in launchers look like something for preschoolers and I HATE them. Surely others have looked at launchers too?
Working...
X