Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to modify temperature initiated CPU scaling in Android (change temperature at which the CPU is scaled down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to modify temperature initiated CPU scaling in Android (change temperature at which the CPU is scaled down)

The default ROM settings on my Amlogic S805 device suck (e.g. CPU governor set to hotplug). So I made some adjustments via a shell startup script and by using Kernel Adiutor. Shell startup script for those interested:
    Code:
    echo interactive > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo 1536000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq # Not sure if this line is necessary though
    echo 1536000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    However for a while I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the max CPU frequency was scaled down to 1.25GHz despite my shell script setting it to 1.536GHz. After some monitoring I think this happens when the CPU reaches a temperature of 70 degrees Celcius. So how can I change (in Android) at what temperature the CPU is scaled down? I would like to change it to 80 or 85 degrees or something so my device can run for a longer period time at max speed.

I hope this is possible from within Android somehow.
Working...
X