Hello a "noobie" here but not to Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello a "noobie" here but not to Android

I have messed around with roms and rooting phones with success and tried at hand with this Nextbook Ares 11 and have really messed it up. I managed to get Ubuntu on it and working so so, I went into the bios to tweak a little and tweak too much. I think and pretty sure the graphics driver is disabled . The drive has been wiiped and only Ubuntu 14.04.03 for an OS. there is no boot loader other than the grub either. Now the power light comes on the keyboard flashes a split second and the screen is black. I have searched the net for a month with no luck. The processor of course is the Intel Atom Baytrail Z3735G .I have been inside , disconnected all cables, ribbons and some connectors , no run there either. What I have found out is that there might be a "back door" to reseting the bios with a password common to all Nextbooks of this flavor if not all of them.
    My question. does anyone on here know how to reset the Bios either flashing or by password? The other solution is a jumper on he MB which I can;t find either. So asking for help here.
Working...
X