Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balbes150
    replied
    Compared the env settings for u-boot S95 and M18, they are very similar. You can try to use the script aml_autoscript from S95 Telos to make the necessary changes in u-boot. Make sure You can connect UART-console, if something goes wrong. We must be prepared that will need repair via UART-console !!!

Leave a comment:

• freezer2k
    replied
    Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    Hi. Yes. this is my theme ARMv8 Linux forum. I found the output from the command "printenv" to M18. Soon there will be test script aml_autoscript to check the possibility to include automatic loading SD card and USB. For WiFi you need a kernel that supports it.

ps/ If you enable boot from external SD card and USB, with no risk to load different OS (Openelec, Debian etc)
    Sounds great,

Let me know if I can help in any way, I'm quite experienced in Linux in general and would be happy to compile some stuff etc.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied

Hi. Yes. this is my theme ARMv8 Linux forum. I found the output from the command "printenv" to M18. Soon there will be test script aml_autoscript to check the possibility to include automatic loading SD card and USB. For WiFi you need a kernel that supports it.

ps/ If you enable boot from external SD card and USB, with no risk to load different OS (Openelec, Debian etc)

Leave a comment:

• freezer2k
    replied
    Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    You have the console UART-to-USB is connected ?
    Hi Balbes, I'm assuming this post/work is by you?

I played a few hours and kind of got it booting on my beelink M18 with Ethernet working. Wifi seems unavailable, probably need a kernel compiled with the M18 dtb file?!

Booting worked only from SDCard + holding the reset button during powerup. Had rename the correct s905_autoscript to aml_autoscript.
    Looks like the u-boot modifications for USB/SDcard detection did not work with my current M18 u-boot, think I require a new u-boot version for it. USB is not working for boot at all (or ignored).

Other than that, it seems to work quite fast, got an Samsung EVO U1/Class10 microSD card and ran 'apt-get upgrade' once, which went through nicely.

Could probably get UART working for further debugging. Maybe need to compile a boot with e.g. USB-boot support?

Would really like to compile my own kernel with the correct Device Tree file for the M18, do you have some sort of howto for this?

Amlogic has an open linux website where they regurlarly release GPL source code, and with Amlogic S905 devices coming to market, they've released a few

A few week ago, I had been informed that Amlogic S905 U-boot and Linux source code was released, and one person use the code and other resources to load a

Are the instructions under these two links more or less how to do it?
    Love this little box and how versatile it can be

Thank you for your great work!

freezer

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by SkOrPn View Post
    Is it possible to install something like Lubuntu on the Beelink M18? It seems to have enough specs.

Amlogic S905
    2GB DDR3
    16GB eMMC
    You have the console UART-to-USB is connected ?

Leave a comment:

• DoItYourself
    replied
    Amlogic released source code for S905, here is some instructions and links.

Leave a comment:

• SkOrPn
    started a topic Lubuntu possible on S905?

Lubuntu possible on S905?

Is it possible to install something like Lubuntu on the Beelink M18? It seems to have enough specs.

Amlogic S905
    2GB DDR3
    16GB eMMC
Working...
X