Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo S1 -> change DISPLAY (not HDMI) Resolution...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S1 -> change DISPLAY (not HDMI) Resolution...

Hi !
    I have a strange Question :-)

As i have a Pipo S1 with broken display, i am using it via HDMI out...
    But of course, whatever HDMI Resolution i select, its always the crappy 840x480 scaled up to whatever...

From the Rk3066 USB Stick Development i learned that Android ALWAYS used the LCD Resolution for HDMI Output, it can be scaled to any Resolution but its just scaling, not native. And so there are 720p and 1080p kernels for the Rk3066 USB Sticks.

So i thought -> Okay you can change the Resolution in the kernel...

So i flashed a Pipo S3 ( = Odys Genio) Kernel to my S1.

AND: guess what: the Pipo S1 now "tries" to display the 1024x600 of the Pipo S3 -> The LCD only shows the upper left 840x480 corner but the HDMI output is MUCH sharper...

Thats fine but i have 2 Problems that need a solution:

-I would love a 1280x720 Resolution -> I tried to flash a MK808 720p kernel but that ended in a 1024x720 (!!!) Resolution, whyever...

-The Pipo S3 kernel works stable but i do not have wifi, of course there are more differences than LCD Resolution between S1 & S3.

What i would need is a S1 kernel with 1280x720p Resoution (if that is not possible because of a Hardware limit to 1024px max (?!?) then i would be fine with 1024x600).

Of course BEST would be something like the Omega Moon kernels for the MK808 Stick where you can CHANGE the internal Resolution with simple commands & reboot...

Is there someone out there who can help me out ? I guess it must be someone who can compile kernels for the S1...

If i did not make myself clear, please do not hesitate to ask.
    And please do not mix up the native internal Resolution with the ones slectable in the HDMI panel, that only adjusts the SCALING of the native 840x480 px ...

Greetings,

Ender
Working...
X