2. Fixed can’t play google movies & tv,
    3. Fixed the crash when search on play store,
    4. Pre-install the Rockchip kodi16.1,
    5. Correct the messy code,
    6. Fixed the wrong time when connect to internet,
    7. Added MboxLauncher,
    8. Fixed can’t play on Netflix,
    9. Fixed other playing issues,
    10. Fixed can’t wake up when there is no HDMI connecting.

More info and download links

The link (...Tronsmart_Orion_R68_209L1_20160617.rar) does not mention it to be only for Gigabit version anywhere. Can you confirm if it is for both non-gigabit and gigabit?

Update: its confirmed to be only for Gigabit and no OTA as of now. This is as per their forum.
    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
    CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
    GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
      The link (...Tronsmart_Orion_R68_209L1_20160617.rar) does not mention it to be only for Gigabit version anywhere. Can you confirm if it is for both non-gigabit and gigabit?

Update: its confirmed to be only for Gigabit and no OTA as of now. This is as per their forum.
      Only for Gigabit.
      In Tronsmart's forum they mentioned it is only for Gigabit.

Comment

There is no PVR Client Plugin in this version.

Comment

Hi All,

I've updated my factory ROM to this latest official TS ROM but this crap is worse than before.

First of all it keeps on rebooting again and again.... once I manage to get in (once every 15 times) whenever I click on an app especially Play Store it reboots again.

Seriously, is there any other ROM I can use or just get a hammer and say good bye to this p.o.s?

I was fed up with this box before since I could never use my Optical Out to connect my amp... it just never worked with any player!
          I was hoping to find a solution for that in this update but.... eh.

Thanks!

Comment

This rom will work great on your Tronsmart R68. I use it on my Tronsmart R68 non-gigabit box. I just swap my resource and kernel img on their rom. same for the Lonix custom rom based on the Zidoo rom.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...irmware-posted

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi I'm not aware where i could find info that i need closer to what i see in this post .
              I had my kodi box automatically updated to 209L1
              build number rk3368_box-user 5.1.1 LMY49F eng.jw.20160602.183532
              and now (beside having it erased without warnings all apps i had dowloaded from the store!!) now there is no longer any ways to install widgets. The widgets tab is disappeared from the All Apps panel, so no matter which apps I install that could show widgets on the home screen I can't find any ways to get one and on the home screen i can get only apps base icons.
              Any ideas?
              Thanks
              Rico

Comment

You will be lucky if you are able to flash a custom ROM. This R68 (atleast the first batch) has issues with OTG port where it just doesn't get detected. I discovered this over the weekend and was very frustrated. I have to try different machine, Windows 7 etc.

Try the ones mentioned by Clarkss12, they seem to be good ones.
                Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

My message to TRONSMART:

Why the F**K do you bundle illegal streaming software (Sportsdevil, Navi-X Genesis and more) on this box???

YOU ARE THE CAUSE FOR KODI NOT TO SUPPORT THE ROCKHIP ENVIRONMENT!!!

Please clean up your act. I will never buy a device from you again if you refuse to bundle crap with your hardware. It makes the hardware fail and just does not work right!

ps - The reason the Firmwares from Tronsmart act so poorly is because of the crap they install on their systems. Other than that, it is good hardware, but the developers need to catch a wake-up!

cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers)
                  www.cyber7.co.za
                  kind regards
                  cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
                  http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

gefattern In the end, I opened the device and appears to be a renowned R68G Tronsmart. (VicTsing i68)

This firmware works pretty well uninstalling RKMC and reinstalling https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...vis/RKMC-Build

The only problem I still have is that everything other than AC3 or DTS is sent over HDMI in PCM and sometimes goes by the optical port simultaneously (what I want, or just output optical port in PCM) (Ac3 and DTS it works very well for the optical port)
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeronimo17 View Post
                      gefattern In the end, I opened the device and appears to be a renowned R68G Tronsmart. (VicTsing i68)

This firmware works pretty well uninstalling RKMC and reinstalling https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...vis/RKMC-Build

The only problem I still have is that everything other than AC3 or DTS is sent over HDMI in PCM and sometimes goes by the optical port simultaneously (what I want, or just output optical port in PCM) (Ac3 and DTS it works very well for the optical port)
                      Did you set HDMI Bitstream to on in Android Sound Settings or SDPIF sound instead of using default sound device?

Comment

Yes of course, the first thing I've been tested in several rom.

in some rom PCM works well, but not the Ac3... :S

Thank you

Comment

I have consulted with Tronsmart the problem and they said this:

Originally posted by support tronsmart <[email protected]>

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. At the moment the PCM only works stable on HDMI cable, that is the chipset solution problem.
                          Will solution in the future? Or with some mod firmware?

Thank you

Comment

More
                            Originally posted by Jeronimo17
                            Will solution in the future? With Android 6.0?

Thank you
                            Originally posted by [email protected]
                            Hi,
                            We wish it can be solution in Android 6.0, but at the moment we are not able to cook 6.0 firmware on R68.
                            The chipset supplier doesn't release new SDK file base on Android 6.0.
                            If we have new 6.0 firmware, we will inform you.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Jeronimo17 View Post
                              More

Android 6 is already available for RK3368.
                              Some companies just don't want to waste resources on making new firmware and sell new devices instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X