No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New firmware 13.10.2016 (for mini m8s II, COOLEME MB1, Tanix Tx5)
    for Amlogic USB Burning Tool

Set using "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" and cable USB A Male - A Male.
    Run program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" and press button "start".
    Press the RESET button (hold) at the TV box, and plug the cable USB A Male - A Male.
    Installation begins.

Changes:
    1. https://imgdepo.com/id/i9835006
    2. Google Photo now play video
    3. Passtrough fixed
    4. AC3 fixed
    Last edited by vldim; 10-16-2016, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
      New firmware 13.10.2016
      for Amlogic USB Burning Tool

Set using "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" and cable USB A Male - A Male.
      Run program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" and press button "start".
      Press the RESET button (hold) at the TV box, and plug the cable USB A Male - A Male.
      Installation begins.

changes:
      https://imgdepo.com/id/i9835006
      This is a official stable firmware, a official beta firmware or a custom firmware? Because my TV BOX doesn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post
        This is a official stable firmware, a official beta firmware or a custom firmware?
        official stable firmware

Comment

Yes, official stable firmware.
          OTA 23.10.2016 available only on the firmware 05.08.2016

Comment

Has anyone received the OTA update that were previously running 20160923? I just received a box from gearbest and the latest update it could find was 20160805... it could not find the update to 20160923. That box, however, went straight from 20160805 to the new 20161013, while my other box that is running 20160923 cannot find the update to 20161013.

Comment

I just flashed the latest update (wasn't getting the OTA). I have not noticed any difference so far, except for the fact that when I was setting up the SD Card as internal storage, I got a message saying that my card was too slow and that I will have problems running apps, etc.

My card is a class 10 32Gb Samsung EVO, and I never had any issues with it. Hopefully this message is wrong and it will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                Yes, official stable firmware.
                OTA 23.10.2016 available only on the firmware 05.08.2016
                So this firmware is official 13/10/2016 (you wrote 23/10/2016 but I think it's an error) but only TV BOX with firmware 05/08/2016 will receive it by OTA. And TV BOX with firmware 23/09/2016?
                The only way is using Amlogic USB Burning Tool? But in this way I will lost all my app/data, right?

Can I use backup&update app with your file to upgrade 23/09/2016 to 13/10/2016?
                Last edited by array81; 10-15-2016, 21:33.

Comment

is there another moethod to instal this update? I can't connect box on pc with usb

Comment

What version of the USB Burning Tool are you using? I just applied the October ROM with Version 2.0.8. So far so good with this release.
                    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

I think I'm skipping this update and I'm going back to september's rom, which was relatively fine. This last update makes some apps really slow and it ends up crashing, for me at least. Maybe it doesn't like my micro-sd card anymore? I'll wait for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by solitron View Post
                        I think I'm skipping this update and I'm going back to september's rom, which was relatively fine. This last update makes some apps really slow and it ends up crashing, for me at least. Maybe it doesn't like my micro-sd card anymore? I'll wait for the next one.
                        Hum... it seems I can't do that because when I flash the august rom (unrooted), it automatically gets the ocotober OTA update, so I cannot get the previous rooted versions... well, I hope after updating via OTA it'll work better...

Comment

Can anyone confirm if there are any performance issues with SD?
                          Update by software remove all app and data?

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post
                            Can anyone confirm if there are any performance issues with SD?
                            Update by software remove all app and data?
                            After I reflashed it back again for the last time, I didn't get the "slow sd card" message, and it seems to be fine now.

I even noticed a small improvement. I played a x265 10-bit video on Kodi, and now the picture is not garbled anymore! That's quite something.

Comment

anyone have r06 firmware in zip version? to flash with Update&Backup app ?

Comment

Originally posted by lallo89 View Post
                                anyone have r06 firmware in zip version? to flash with Update&Backup app ?
                                Firmware 20161013 for SD and Recovery

Extract the files from the archive.
                                copy update.zip file to TF-card (make sure it is FAT32 format), then run Update&Backup app to update system by local.

Changes:
                                1. https://imgdepo.com/id/i9835006
                                2. Google Photo now play video
                                3. Passtrough fixed
                                4. AC3 fixed
                                Last edited by vldim; 10-17-2016, 18:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X