Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"MXpro" box, cannot find correct firmware, wifi not working

Hello,

I have just spent the last two days and countless hours trying to update my "MXpro" box. I think it's close to a "MXQ" (Quad Core A5, Auad Mali 450, AML805), but slightly different. After many downloads and attempts at installing several different versions, I was able to get one "MXQ" kind of working.

First, I cannot get the box to boot into recovery. On the bottom of the box itself, there is a reset button hidden in one of the vent holes. I have tried many times pressing this before, after, and during boot. Nothing happens.

I was able to use the update program in the software which found an update on my SD card. But, this MXQ-specific update broke the wifi and some other things. I should have known that there any many different wifi cards, but I didn't know I would not be able to find any firmware on the internet for my "MXpro" box.

I did try to use root file explorer to delete the conf file from the wifi folder (as instructed on some posts here), but I had no such file to delete.

So, now I am trying to find any solution to get wifi back and find the stock firmware. Is there any way to adjust or install the correct software for my wifi card without a complete restore? Alternatively, is there any custom rom I can run that would enable the wifi to work? My goal is to have a Kodi box with wifi (no connection near my tv).

Here's what my box is: http://www.thefirmwarefactory.co.uk/...2016-119-p.asp. But, this guy wants like $6USD for the firmware. And, I doubt it will work even if I buy it.

Thanks so much!
Working...
X