RSH A400 S812 mediabox - firmware updated, weird start behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSH A400 S812 mediabox - firmware updated, weird start behaviour

Hello. I needed to download firmware into my mediabox to make it fresh and clear as a tear (factory reset is not reverting device back to factory state as I thought before).
    I asked my device seller for newest firmware.
    I wrote about my doubts with firmware I got from my device seller here: http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...-are-different
    Anyway, the device seller said that i can download this image and everything will be ok. But this is not entirely true, as appeared after the fact.

Getting to the point: used Usb burning tool 2.0.6.2, chose erase flash, normal erase, erase bootloader (default settings). Everything went smoothly - 100%.
    The issue is - the device starts up to the logo screen and freezes at this screen - i can wait forever from this moment. Remote controller power on button works so I can turn off device and try again with the same success (or failure). I can burn firmware again with Usb burning tool so the device is not bricked (i did it twice more already).

Now the biggest thing I can't understand completly - I can pass the logo screen and launch the device like normal if i use sdcard recovery method with recovery.img I got from OTA package (look at the link at the beginning - I got two packages: OTA with recovery.img file which I couldn't use because ro.product.device didn't match, and later I got full image to burn with UBT).
    So, using this recovery.img on sd, and toothpicking recovery method I can enter to recovery menu, and then I can choose reboot device which makes it to run normally. Everything seems fine then until I turn off the device where I have to use another toothpick recovery method to start it again. Besides that everything works. What can I do to make it run without recovery method?
Working...
X