Alternative for male to male USB cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative for male to male USB cables

I don't really need a fancy cable for my box as I can do the updates over SD or USB stick but...
    Making a proper male to male cable requires not much work - if you have the tools and PROPER cables.
    The later is often a problem and if the spliced connections add some more problems an update can go wrong due to data corruption or in a good case just be really slow.
    More by accident I realised that the adapter for my Meenova cardreader has more use than to plug the tiny reader into the computer - it also accepts a normal micro USB cable instead of the reader.
    So instead of fiddling with cables I just the adapter if I really need to flash a firmware using USB.
    Bonus is that the carreader really is top of the line and supports the highest transfer rates.
    My cheap ADATA SD is listed to be capable of 10mb/s and it maxes out, another Sandisk is rated for 20mb/s and it also reaches this mark with ease in the reader - write speed that is...

So if you could need a proper reader that allows to use the full speed of your SD AND you also might require a male to male cable then consider to get the Meenova or a similar reader that comes with a Micro USB to Male USB adapter
Working...
X