Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magendanz.. I have one question for you about Android Pad/Keyboard on android games. I bought a keyboard for the tv box- two different models: iPazzPort KP - 810 - 21S and TZ P9 Wireless Mini Keyboard. Is there any way for android to recognize these keyboards as pad/android pad in android games?
    Last edited by essir; 11-18-2017, 06:59.

Comment

How do you install TWRP ?

can i go back and forth flashing stock image and custom with it ? I see you mention you are working on solution to have the update on rom itself like in the stock will this be able o flash back and forth with stock ? also sometimes when i go into settings for resolution noting happens then other times it works , i been using this rom past for days not had any issues even wifi is very good only issue is the google search error but you say will be fixed next release

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, VideoStrong has a bug in their update script that prevents it from installing in TWRP. You may have noticed that I've posted versions of the stock OTA (with"-fixed" appended to the filename) that have corrected this issue. Otherwise, you should be able to pop back and forth between OEM and custom ROMs. Note that the OEM update will reinstall stock recovery, so you'll lose TWRP.

Need some help

Got my new mecool Device today with latest stock ROM and without reset switch.
      Installed this Custom Rom today. But had Problems with Amazon Prime Video.
      Now I want to go back to Stock ROM.

Burntool does not recognize the device because there is no reset switch
      startet TWRP with Terminal Emulation "reboot recovery" - but it stops with Error 7 : This package is for "M8S_PRO_PLUS" devices; this is a "p21x"

edit: finally flashed with Burntool. Opened the device and shortened the holes where the reset switch should be...

Last edited by bylderup; 11-17-2017, 21:05.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        See note above about OEM update script issue. You should check here for fixed versions: http://freaktab.org/27~f

Thanks ! It´s always the same for me : long Threads, English not my mother tongue. So I tried for hours because I didn´t see the solution..

I am using the Nano Version of your ROM now and I really like it.

Amazon Prime Video didn´t work in AndroidTV Versions. Video crashed or a Video can´t be played Message.
      But its ok in Nano Version.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I'm hoping an Android TV version of Amazon Prime Video is in the works. The non-ATV version *should* work when sideloaded, but something's going wrong. I haven't had a chance to look through the logcat, but that might provide some hints.

In my case the ATV Version connected but failed to start the Video.
      The non ATV version connected and started the Video for some seconds but then the android failure screen popped up telling app crashed multiple times.

In Nano ROM the non ATV Version does the job.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I tested only the non-ATV version, not realizing they even had one designed for Android TV.

So I have pretty much physically killed my Mecool box in an effort to reduce temperatures
      Basically I think that the S905 chip has a bad solder joint. If I put physical pressure on the heatsink / chip it works fine, but as soon as that pressure disappears it will either display nothing, or heavy artifacts / glitches
      So now I have wedged a piece of foam between the heatsink and the top of the case....
      I was trying to reduce temperatures to below 80 C. And if you think your box runs below 80 C under load, think again..
      Using an app called "Stress CPU" you can properly test the max termperature the box will reach https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enix.stresscpu
      Unfortunately, I did not test this with the stock heatsink but as you will see in the following images, the replacement heatsink is about 5x bigger. Yet it could not keep the temperature below 80C for much more than 5 minutes.

Here goes.

Comment

Can't download, it says exceed file limit

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Nope, wireless performance should be exactly the same as with the stock OEM firmware, since I haven't made any changes to the wireless configuration. These boxes have really cheap internal antennas, and there's really not a lot we can do about that in the firmware.
          I just changed the channel for 5GHz of my router to "40" and this "crappy" wifi flies on 130Mbps now I advice everyone to do the same, I have never experienced better wifi on any tv boxes I have tried...

Comment

Originally posted by 4everAnoob View Post
            So I have pretty much physically killed my Mecool box in an effort to reduce temperatures
            Basically I think that the S905 chip has a bad solder joint. If I put physical pressure on the heatsink / chip it works fine, but as soon as that pressure disappears it will either display nothing, or heavy artifacts / glitches
            So now I have wedged a piece of foam between the heatsink and the top of the case....
            I was trying to reduce temperatures to below 80 C. And if you think your box runs below 80 C under load, think again..
            Using an app called "Stress CPU" you can properly test the max termperature the box will reach https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enix.stresscpu
            Unfortunately, I did not test this with the stock heatsink but as you will see in the following images, the replacement heatsink is about 5x bigger. Yet it could not keep the temperature below 80C for much more than 5 minutes.

Here goes.
            Mine is with default heatsink and still keeps up to 80* under load in Stress CPU. I don't think there is much we can do besides using a fan.
            Last edited by mirbg; 11-20-2017, 21:57.

Comment

OTA Update link is down. Where can I download the last ROM?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mirbg View Post

I just changed the channel for 5GHz of my router to "40" and this "crappy" wifi flies on 130Mbps now I advice everyone to do the same, I have never experienced better wifi on any tv boxes I have tried...
                If you are talking about the Pro PLUS, it does not have a "5GHz" an internal module. You must mean the Pro or the Pro L.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

If you are talking about the Pro PLUS, it does not have a "5GHz" an internal module. You must mean the Pro or the Pro L.
                  My bad...yes, I did mean Pro version...

Comment

Originally posted by mirbg View Post

didnt think this box had 5ghz wifi

anyway stock rom i see it was connected at 72mb in router firmware with custom rom its at 150mb now and getting higher speedtests havent changed anything else other then the rom

Comment

Hello all, sorry if this has been asked over and over. Couldn't find it when searching.

is there an easy way to cleanly unroot / then reroot this ROM ?

i have an app that detects root and refuses to function.

Thanks to developer for all his hard work!

Comment

Hi Magendanz and friends, I know this is a half-beaten theme, but I'd like your guidance to identify if my new M8S Pro + comes from a defective batch. I would like to know if there is an app to check this or if just opening it?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, there's no app. What I know was captured in red at the top of the OP. I've tried to keep it up to date.
                      Working...
                      X