Is my Tronsmart S89 dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my Tronsmart S89 dead?

Been using this with Finless 2.1 for past 3 yrs. Kodi 15.1 (still) and a cable TV Android app are main use.

Past few months, device has had power issues where it intermittently shuts off mid-use. This led to Kodi corruption at times which had to be repaired, and one time, a system crash where all apps just started failing while idling on the Home screen.

Today while using the cable tv app, I got subsequent failures, up to and including Google Play Services, and a final message which said something like "System has recovered from a serious error. Reboot to Correct" (or something like that)..

That was then end. After reboot, it stays on the second splash screen which has the animation that says "AMLogic A9"-"Finless ROM" - "Freaktab.com" forever.

I used the toothpick to get into TWRP recovery (2.8.1.0) and under "Mount", the -"Storage" button, the 4 options:

"Internal Storage", "Internal SD", "External SD" and "USB OTG" are all size ZERO (0MB).

It seems like all the built in memory (2G/16G) is gone, like it has fried itself.

Is it possible that all the recent power cut-outs have just corrupted the u-boot/bootblock so badly that it can't "see"/mount the 2G/16G?

Or do you think the memory is physically dead?

Anyone think this device can be salvaged?

Is there any way to proceeed?

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X