Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    If your flash ROM failed then your tablet is dead. Lets hope not. Make sure maybe your USB cable has not failed in some way? etc.... But know that since I have been doing this I have seen about 4 tablets flash ROM fail even after successful flashes before! It is possible. As Damo said if the hardware has not failed you cannot permanently brick these tablets.

Bob
    So is this a case of take it back to the shop and see if they will replace it or send it off to see if it can be fixed ??

Comment

If the hardware has failed, thats all you can do. Just make sure your not missing something simple. If windows will not find the hardware at all no matter what, I fear you may have had a hardware failure. You would be #5 I have heard of so far

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

you have gone through all the basics, if you can't get it into recovery mode than the nand has failed.

Yes back to the shop and remember, you wasn't trying to flash your tablet was you

Sent from my CUBE U9GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

While I frown on people that return tablets they messed up, flashing a ROM is a fundamental function that should work. Suppose he was flashing the stock Arnova ROM per the Arnova web site? All in the limits of the warrenty! So custom ROM or not, a hardware failure is a hardware failure and should be taken care of.

Problem is based on others posts I have seen recently. It appears Arnova has stopped production of this tablet and none can be had anymore. The bummer is they may not have one to give him in it's place

Bob

Comment

If the hardware has failed, thats all you can do. Just make sure your not missing something simple. If windows will not find the hardware at all no matter what, I fear you may have had a hardware failure. You would be #5 I have heard of so far

Bob

This is strange , it wont come up in recovery mode , but if i press the reset again , windows complains , i click on it and it brings up a usb unknown problem . If i uninstall the drivers of the usb , then disconect the tablet , go through the whole recovery again ..it goes through what you would expect , seeing usb device and its as if its loading the drivers again, but nothing appears in device manager ..so its as if it nearly sees it . I have used many different usb and cables , so i know its not them ..doh!!

Comment

OK well that is a good sign then! It means windows is seeing the tablet.

Some people mess up because they think every time they flash a ROM they must install drivers. Once the drivers are installed you never need to do that again ever!

Sounds to me like windows is messed up now for some reason and your not getting the drivers installed then. If windows complains then it is seeing the hardware! Work on the driver install issues.

Maybe do a windows restore to a previous date and try installing them again or try another PC.

Bob

Comment

True if somebody has been stupid doing things that these tablets are not designed to do than yes there responsible and should not dent manufacturers profits, but on the flip side if a tablet fails wether they put a custom Rom or the official one than it is the manufacturer that must be responsible, the problem been if you told them it was a custom firmware they put on it they would claim warranty void despite there hardware been at fault. It is just a shame they don't put more effort into making the firmware better so we would not need to flash custom Roms.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                </form>

Comment

Oh and one more thing. YOU DO NOT NEED TO HOLD THE RESET HOLE FOR A LONG TIME!!!!

All you need to do to get it into flash mode is hold volume up and just hit the reset for a second no more. You do not need to hold the reset hole!!!!!! While hold the volume up hit reset for a second and when windows DINGS release volume up. Now install drivers.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                    True if somebody has been stupid doing things that these tablets are not designed to do than yes there responsible and should not dent manufacturers profits, but on the flip side if a tablet fails wether they put a custom Rom or the official one than it is the manufacturer that must be responsible, the problem been if you told them it was a custom firmware they put on it they would claim warranty void despite there hardware been at fault. It is just a shame they don't put more effort into making the firmware better so we would not need to flash custom Roms.

But I an glad we do Bob because your Roms are the best!!!!

</form>

Comment

1.5 rom...

Thanks Bob for great speedier ROM....works a treat!

Comment

10b g2 rom

is there a 1.5 out yet for the 10bg2 ? resistive DT?

Comment

10 g2 1.5 rom

Thank you for this. It is by far, the best ROM i have tried. Apps, such as Tweetdeck, that were incompatible before now work and everything runs much smoother than before. I have combined it with Nemus Launcher, which I think is the best launch and I am now very pleased with the result.
                          a couple of questions I would like to ask, please.
                          1. Is it possible to add Bluetooth to this tablet via a dongle.
                          2. is it possible to remove the on screen volume controls, which are totally unnecessary in my opinion, and move the home key to that side. ( I keep touching it with my thumb when I hold the tablet horizontally).
                          Thanks again for the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by H88RRY View Post
                            I was just wondering if anyone could guide me on 3G support. I have a Huawei e160g and a ZTE mf112 dongle and just want help on getting these to run

any help will be greatly appreciated
                            Anyone know about dongle support. I've searched over Google and only found support for the 8 tablet

Comment

I can add Finec57 BT dongle dirvers to this but I do not know what dongles the drivers support!!!!!

So it will be a total hit and miss. If you like to try it and give feedback and be a tester let me know.

Bob

Comment

thanks for this bob

I can add Finec57 BT dongle dirvers to this but I do not know what dongles the drivers support!!!!!

So it will be a total hit and miss. If you like to try it and give feedback and be a tester let me know.

Bob
                                one happy 11 year old

Comment

Working...
                                X