No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your nand is faulty, loader or no loader it would still flash.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Apps Injector Problem

I have just installed the version 1.5 ROM on my 4GB Arnova 10 G2. I followed the instructions to the letter and there were no problems with the flash. I then ran Apps Injector to get G Play and some other apps successfully, and the results were as promised. Thanks to all concerned for this fine piece of software.

However, when I went back next day and ran App Injector again to add some other bits of software I found that non-Market apps would not install. I went to "settings/unknown sources" to allow installation of non-Market applications and enabled the tab (it was blank initially). On quitting in order to run Apps Injector again the tab re-set itself and again only G Play apps would install. This is not really a problem as I am sure I can get what I want from G Play, which is a great improvement on the original setup, but it would be nice to know why the "unknown sources tab" is permanently disabling itself and whether it can be fixed. I tried re-installing App Injector but this made no difference.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Comment

The unknown sources check box has a bug but trust that it does work. By default my ROM is set to allow unknown sources so no matter what that check box says, it will allow it. Miklaus settings has a glitch in that it will always show as unchecked when you return to see what it is set to.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

any new developements? maybe a new rom in the works?

Comment

Apps Injector &amp; Unknown Sources Tab

Many thanks for the speedy reply on this Bob. For some reason my problem in installing non-Market apps has now gone away. Yesterday only Market apps would install; today I've installed Apps Lib and the non-Market version of Aldiko. I removed the SD card, uninstalled Apps Injector, re-booted and re-installed Apps Injector from the SD card. Whether any of this fixed a genuine problem or whether it was just conditioned superstitious behaviour I've no idea, and don't really care. The 1.5 Rom is an excellent piece of work and has increased the functionality of the Arnova considerably.

Comment

Videos a little funky.

Since I flashed 1.5b (I only updated app injector, otherwise, 1.5c isn't necessary for my tab), I'm finding that *.mp4's are "cutting out" after about a minute regardless of the video player I use.

Is it possible something's missing from the ROM? I didn't have this problem with 1.4 PMN version.

Any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance.
              Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
              HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
              Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Only difference between 1.4 philly and this one is:
                1) Added the clear status bar
                2) Added Miklaus settings.apk that show missing setting
                3) removed the bloat APKs which of course can be put back using app injector.

So nothing was removed that would effect video playback unless it is some APK which I kind of doubt. If the videos are coming from SDCard maybe the sdcard is fragmented? Or possibly has some errors? It is a FAT32 partition so can be easily fragmented just like a PC hard disk.
                Also maybe some app you installed is doing a lot of IO to the SDCard?

Just some ideas.

Bob

Comment

Wow, simply wow!

I finally got my broken arnova replaced (3 weeks of delay) and the step between 1.4 and 1.5 is huge
                  I just played with the barebone version, going through all settings menu, and everything works
                  Also, the transparent status bar is awesome!

Thank you bob for this great rom. Thanks Damo for the awesome boot screens (and I don't say it only because I have my name on it )

And also big thanks WillJames for this awesome forum. I'm an addict. I even bought tapatalk to read posts when I was on vacation . The only problem is that I spent my time reading freaktab and xda, and I went over the fair use quota of my phone provider Now I am limited to 60 kbps until 15th of may, and I feel like I have a 56k modem like in the old times of the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Only difference between 1.4 philly and this one is:
                    1) Added the clear status bar
                    2) Added Miklaus settings.apk that show missing setting
                    3) removed the bloat APKs which of course can be put back using app injector.

So nothing was removed that would effect video playback unless it is some APK which I kind of doubt. If the videos are coming from SDCard maybe the sdcard is fragmented? Or possibly has some errors? It is a FAT32 partition so can be easily fragmented just like a PC hard disk.
                    Also maybe some app you installed is doing a lot of IO to the SDCard?

Just some ideas.

Bob
                    Just curious (thinking along these lines), is it possible to wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache from within the OS?
                    Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                    HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                    Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
                      Just curious (thinking along these lines), is it possible to wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache from within the OS?
                      For the cache partition I don't know, but Titanium backup has a dalvik flush option, at least with the paid app. I don't know for the free one.

Comment

G2 not recognised after flash?

Hi Guys. Great work here with the rom. Had it installed within 10 minutes, but now the Arnovo USB drives aren't recognised in Win7 32bit.
                        The Win7 CP it shows Arnovo G2 is plugged in, but the driver has the ! meaning there is a problem.

Basically I can't move the APP Injector files to the Arnovo internal memory via USB.
                        Yes, I can put a memory card into my PC, copy the files then move the SD card to the Arnovo, but I still won't have working USB?

From Arnovo:
                        Drag and drop is by far the easiest method to transfer content to your ARNOVA.
                        To do this plug your tablet into your PC via the supplied USB cable. Your tablet
                        should recognize that it is plugged in and ask to go into USB mass storage mode,
                        select this and your tablet should be recognized immediately by your PC.

The Arnovo isn't asking me to go into usb mode?
                        Is this because of the rom?

RESOLVED: I needed to put the tablet into USB mode by clicking the USB connected icon located top left.
                        Last edited by bud; 05-04-2012, 13:41. Reason: grammar

Comment

Muchos Gracias

I bow down before the greatness of Bob and all who contributed to this ROM. I have never rooted my tablet before (I did root an .mp3 player once, so that was my training ) and the detailed instructions were perfect, the video on using the app injector was a bonus as well. The flashing went flawlessly, although to port over the app injector files I did face the problem described in the above post getting the USB on (and the solution posted did the trick after about 20 min. of head scratching I noticed that post). The app injector is amazing and I'm looking forward a faster tablet.

And the icing on the cake is the transparent status bar, which means I can use this as a Kindle reader.

Thanks to all .

Comment

Tipi Canoe and TylerToo

I bet there are many that DO NOT KNOW what that means or is

Thanks man. I am sure I can speak for Petrus and Miklaus too when I say it is good to see someone post and state they enjoy the FUN we had making this ROM for you.

Enjoy my friend! All I ask in return in spread the word of FreakTab.com.

Bob

Comment

Formerly an NB7 user

Well i just wanted to check in and give my update. I started out joining this forum when i brought my first android tablet which i wont name because frankly im ashamed of that purchase(it was a pretty paper weight!)So after reading the post here i went and bought an NB7 which i proudly learned to flash from you guy's here on freaktab teaching me how, but after a while id gotten the "Android Flashing Bug", and i was hooked on Bob's roms, but then i read all of the 10G2 post and i got tired of you guy's having all of the fun first and bitting my nails while i waited for Bob to create the next 10G2 version for the NB7 So in lieu of all this i now stand before you as of TODAY, the proud owner of my very own new 10G2 tablet, got it in the mail today and after having it out of the box for about 5 minutes i flashed the latest 1.5c version.
                              All i can say is WOW this thing (my 10G2) running this rom with the app injector is like the NB7 on steroids, truly awesome the flash was flawless (BOB truly outstanding work,and Petrus app injector is monumental!) I've said this before but i cant say it enough thanks guy's for your selfless work here, i love the fun im having with this thing, the possibillities are endless and i know by now that there's more to come from you guy's.keep up the great work ! Ok that was my 2cents i gotta go now my girlfriend is accusing me that im spending more time on here and my tablet than i am with her, so let me go pretend that id rather watch a movie with her! THANKS AGAIN!

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments guys.it was fun making the AppInjector, and it is great to get happy users reviews.

By the way, I did post a new version of my app on the dedicated thread. You can use it instead of the one included in the rom package.

Comment

Working...
                                X