No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the wifi dead, and my unit still under warranty for another week, I'm going to send it back. Can someone explain about how to un-root it so I'm back to original OS? I vaguely recall reading this was possible.

EDIT: I have found the http://arnovatech.com/support/firmwa...010/update.img

I put the update.img in the root of the tablet and it keeps flashing, but then goes back to the freaktab loading screen. Must be doing something wrong...

EDIT again: I think I'm not putting the update.img file in the root. That's because I don't have the proper cable to hook it to my PC so the tablet is read as a drive. Instead I moved it via a USB thumbdrive, but I only seem to be able to paste it into the system folder, not one level up. My PC-to-USB cables have other size connectors, and of course I can't find the one that came with the Arnova.

Sheesh, nothing is easy!
    Last edited by tylertoo; 09-10-2012, 17:08.

Comment

Re: Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

you must use rkbatchtool for this file and take upgrade

Verstuurd van mijn ARN10bG3-Freaktab met Tapatalk
      if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
        you must use rkbatchtool for this file and take upgrade

Verstuurd van mijn ARN10bG3-Freaktab met Tapatalk
        Thanks, but I don't know what this means. Does rkbatchtool comes with the Custom ROM?

Comment

you need to go to the thread training and educational videos find the batchtool thread and you download that zip flie everything is explained in that thread.any questions just ask
          freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by tylertoo View Post
            Thanks, but I don't know what this means. Does rkbatchtool comes with the Custom ROM?
            Follow this guide and you won't have a problem

Sent using Tapatalk 2 from Sony Xperia Mini Pro - Ics 4.0.4
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
              Follow this guide and you won't have a problem

Thank you all. I will give it a go!

Comment

Sorry to be dense.

I am attempting to use the Rockchip batch tool to restore the original firmware as described here. I cannot get the tablet to be recognized by the PC. I need to first install the Rockchip drivers, so I've been following the instructions here. The PC is an older XP machine.

My problem is that instructions say "Now click browse my computer for driver software. Locate the firmware folder and go to the drivers folder and select the correct driver for your operating system." I have specified, in sepearte attempts, the XP 32 bit driver folders in both the Rockchip Batch Tool folder, and the Arnova Finless 1.5 folder. In both instances I get the message from the Install hardware wizard that it cannot find the necessary files.

Any help here would be appreciated. Clearly the drivers I need are elsewhere?

(It was easier to move TO Finless 1.5 than back!)

Comment

You have to have the tablet in FLASH MODE for it to use the correct drivers. So make sure the tablet is in fact in flash mode and not off or in a bricked state.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    You have to have the tablet in FLASH MODE for it to use the correct drivers. So make sure the tablet is in fact in flash mode and not off or in a bricked state.

Bob
                    I think I'm in flash mode. I followed the booting instructions contained here, holding the volume key up while doing a reset. At that point the tablet powers down. When I connect to the PC, it boots, the pc recognizes the device as Arnova 10G2, but then looks for drivers.

Perhaps I'm not in flash mode.

Comment

Your not in flash mode. It will not show up as a Arnova 10G2 in device manager. Is should show up as UNKNOWN device or RK29 Device. If it is showing up as a 10G2 that is the removable disks / ADB.

Bob

Comment

Thank you Bob for your help and quick reply.

To get into flash mode, here's what I'm doing:

--Tablet is ON
                        --Holding volume up button, I reset the device with a paperclip
                        --Device goes dark
                        --At this point I plug in the USB cable and get the above result.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong to get into flash mode. Again, apologies for being dense about this. I did it before, but can't remember as it was months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tylertoo View Post
                          Thank you Bob for your help and quick reply.

To get into flash mode, here's what I'm doing:

--Tablet is ON
                          --Holding volume up button, I reset the device with a paperclip
                          --Device goes dark
                          --At this point I plug in the USB cable and get the above result.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong to get into flash mode. Again, apologies for being dense about this. I did it before, but can't remember as it was months ago.
                          Try doing the same but with your tablet switched off you will briefly see the Arnova logo than your screen will go black

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                          </form>

Comment

Here is what I do and works every time and trust I have flashed 1000's of times.

-Tablet on
                            -USB cable connected (you need this first expecially if you have a ROM with CWM).
                            -Hold volume up and keep holding it.
                            -Hit the reset hole for no more than 2 seconds. It just needs to be reset.
                            -About 1 second later (no more) release volume up. DO NOT keep holding it or it will try to go into recovery not flash mode.

I do not see the Arnova or anything for me. The screen just goes black and Windows BONGS there is a device attached.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              Here is what I do and works every time and trust I have flashed 1000's of times.

-Tablet on
                              -USB cable connected (you need this first expecially if you have a ROM with CWM).
                              -Hold volume up and keep holding it.
                              -Hit the reset hole for no more than 2 seconds. It just needs to be reset.
                              -About 1 second later (no more) release volume up. DO NOT keep holding it or it will try to go into recovery not flash mode.

I do not see the Arnova or anything for me. The screen just goes black and Windows BONGS there is a device attached.

Bob
                              Success!

Bob's method worked perfectly (Damo's did not, fwiw, but thanks anyway!). I think I was holding the volume too long before.

The tablet is now back with original firmware, I have my RMA and ready to ship it back!

Many thanks to everyone for holding my hand through this. When the refurb arrives, I will go back to Finless 1.5, and hopefully I won't need any help .

You guys are awesome.

Comment

Be ready! Most people that RMA a G2 now get back a G3 because there are no G2 replacements left. So you may not get back a G2. If you get a G3, Snakekillers ROM is getting REAL GOOD!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X