Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless Version 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    I can add Finec57 BT dongle dirvers to this but I do not know what dongles the drivers support!!!!!

So it will be a total hit and miss. If you like to try it and give feedback and be a tester let me know.

Bob
    I was on about 3g dongles. I can try them and see what happens. Not a big deal though as I'm on a unlimited data plan on my phone so I'm just tethering that

Comment

While I frown on people that return tablets they messed up, flashing a ROM is a fundamental function that should work. Suppose he was flashing the stock Arnova ROM per the Arnova web site? All in the limits of the warrenty! So custom ROM or not, a hardware failure is a hardware failure and should be taken care of.

Problem is based on others posts I have seen recently. It appears Arnova has stopped production of this tablet and none can be had anymore. The bummer is they may not have one to give him in it's place

Bob
      You are right , shop could not replace my g2 , so said i could pay the difference for another tab , and as this g2 was a good tester to find i liked tablets and they are useful i will do that. as i like the size etc was thinking of archos 101 g9 ( like the idea of gps as well for sat nav ) . do you guys have any thoughts about it

Comment

Problem with Droidwall

Hello Bob, I'm writing from Italy. I installed your ROM v.1.4 on my tablet Lazer 10.1, everything works fine. I installed Droidwall, but I had some problems making it work. When I enable the firewall, it gives me an error: Error applyng iptables rules. Exit code: 2 iptablesv1.4.10 iptables v1.4.10: can not initialize iptables table 'filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. How can I fix this? Another small question: Which button do I press to get into Recovery Mod?
        Sorry for my English ...
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

bt dongle

I can add Finec57 BT dongle dirvers to this but I do not know what dongles the drivers support!!!!!

So it will be a total hit and miss. If you like to try it and give feedback and be a tester let me know.

Bob
          Hi bob i have a few bt dongles knocking about and wouldnt mind testing for u

Comment

The Arnovas do not have iptables. Very common complaint. Not much I can do about it without kernel source.

I will add the BT drives and post a BETA TEST later today. Not feeling well today Iseem to have a cold or something.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

bt test rom

Just finished decorating, ill flash it when its uploaded and give u the results

Comment

ANY NEWS ON THE 4GB FILE LIMIT BEING REMOVED? i asked this very question a while back and it was listed as a good idea by yourselves.

hd screen + 4 gb limit not a good combo esp if you want to chuck films on your tablet.

Comment

The limit is because of the SDcard file system being fat32.

It is in theory possible to repartition the sdcard in linux making a part of it fat32 and another part ext3. Then on the tablet using a terminal emulator mount the ext3 part.

I have not had time to see about how to go about this but it's on my list.

Bob

Comment

BIG ups to Bob and the crew for this ROM. Installed it this week on my replacement 10G2 as trhe original's power jack center pin broke. Boots very fast and everything runs like magic.Now all I need is to find Dolphin Browser Mini,and I'm all set!

Comment

Originally posted by DG19075 View Post
                      BIG ups to Bob and the crew for this ROM. Installed it this week on my replacement 10G2 as trhe original's power jack center pin broke. Boots very fast and everything runs like magic.Now all I need is to find Dolphin Browser Mini,and I'm all set!
                      I had this exact same issue and they sent me back a 10B G2 instead of a 10 G2

Comment

I've been using 1.5b since just a few minutes after it was posted. I didn't use 1.5c because my version of Play Store worked fine. This new ROM is great!

After a couple of weeks after the flash, I've noticed only one problem. I can't tell if it's a hardware or software issue. After several hours of use without a reboot, I am unable to save or delete any files on my sd card. It reads fine. Last night, and I left the tablet on to try the scheduled backup feature in titanium. This morning I had a notification that there wasn't enough space on the sd card when there was actually 16gb free. X-plorer grayed out delete. After a reboot, everything went back to normal.

I'm wondering what causes this and how to fix it.

Otherwise I'm very pleased with the improved functionality with this new ROM!!!

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk 2
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Please read this post about sdcard issues. If the sdcard file system gets corrupted in any way, it will be mounted as read only!!!!

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Understand-WHY!

Bob

Comment

I haven't tried the fix yet, but it makes sense. I never did anything in Windows after I turned off USB, thinking I was done. I'll see if I corrupted the SD.

Thanks for the quick reply. AND thanks for the hard work on your ROMs. Archos puts out a decent set of hardware, but the custom ROMs you do make them a whole lot more useful.

---
                            I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?knxjj1
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

I finally got around to checking the file system on my SD card in Windows. Sure enough, there were some errors, which were fixed.

Thanks for the info.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

can't get your files downloaded

keep clearing cookies, etc., can't get to uour video or files.

Comment

Working...
                                X