Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also going through this, I mainly purchased mecool M8S Pro L for Netflix HD. I really hope they fix it perhaps with a new firmware. I don't mind being without Root, I use this device mainly for entertainment.
    Has anyone tried unrooting this device firmware perhaps that makes it work?
    Last edited by Geekstuff4fun; 08-02-2018, 04:45.

Comment

I have said,
      One should have a box for the Paid Streaming services, to avoid all this bumbo jumbo
      Be it a Amazon Stick, or a Mi box, or what ever meets your need.

Then you can play with you other Box if it streams HD great but if you lose it always have a back up plan, keeps for a peaceful household.

But in saying that a BIG BOO HISS on the MEGA giants for wanting More cash for their product/Rights to show etc
      480p is watchable, 720 is better

I thought more paying customer would be the deal,
      But what do I know.

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I bought two Mecools M8S Pro L from Geekbuying not long ago.Before that I have bought about hmm,..10 items(or more) from Geek,phones,pads..and so on.

I sent an email regarding the error in my two Mecools.
        Here is the answer from Geekbuying:

In that case,here are 3 solutions for you:
        1> you can send it back to us for repairing,we will share the shipping fee with you( via the cheapest shipping way.)
        2> we can do partial refund(20% of the price)you,and you need not to send it back to us.
        3>you can buy it at a special price(5% off ).
        Hoping get your confirmation.

Best regards
        Jessie

Customer Service Representative
        Geekbuying

This weekend I will dig in deep in my wallet and buy two Nvidia Shield TV´s.
        I am pretty tired of the totaly usless support.

And I just had a chat whit Netflix and they seems to give different answers to many people.
        I got the answer:It´s an issue for the manufacturer of the box.
        Last edited by swebolt; 08-02-2018, 11:44.

Comment

Shit me not, this is disappointing...No Amazon Prime and now No netflix either

Comment

**** me sideways , I just received my mecool pro l last week and was happily watching in HD until yesterday when I got the stupid error !
            Corporate bastards .... guys is there a way we can watch at least in 720p ?
            I opened a case in gearbest for a refund , and claimed that I bought it because Gearbest answered to Customer questions that it supports HD and 4K ( i think it holds up ) .
            I am curious how they will respond ...

Comment

Originally posted by papeipa View Post
              **** me sideways , I just received my mecool pro l last week and was happily watching in HD until yesterday when I got the stupid error !
              Corporate bastards .... guys is there a way we can watch at least in 720p ?
              I opened a case in gearbest for a refund , and claimed that I bought it because Gearbest answered to Customer questions that it supports HD and 4K ( i think it holds up ) .
              I am curious how they will respond ...
              I would go into play store, find play services and uninstall update, and find Netflix and uninstall update. Hen try Netflix again. If it fixes it, then disable auto updates, and use disable service and disable play store, services for updating, and play services and disable system update, and persistant intent.

It should keep Google from updating without your knowledge. I use app mirror to download play store and play services manually when I feel I need them.

Comment

I have a Mecool M8S Pro L and have started getting the NW-6-404 error since yesterday. It is clear netflix is blocking our device because it is not officially certified like nvidia shield or xiaomi mi box.

It is unacceptable to block a paying customer based purely on their choice of hardware.

Vote with your wallets, cancel your service and fire up your torrents.

Comment

So, buying boxes with google certification and L1 is pretty much of no added value now ?
                  Just buy faster boxes .

PS
                  I wonder if Zidoo is affected too.

Comment

It is incongruous, I currently have a Xiaomi My A1 rooted and Netflix works with the latest updates, however my Mecool M8S Pro, stopped working suddenly.

Comment

Guys are all the people affected using LB version of the box? are you running stock or a custom ROM?
                      I have M8S PRO L LB with stock and I'm having this since monday :S

Can't test any other firmware because according to my reading, LB has no custom ROM so far

Comment

Also got the error on M8S Pro L with custom ATV rom from Guest

Comment

Netflix stopped working on my A95X Pro this week, when it had been working fine. Only had the box for a few weeks, stock ROM installed. And it had Widevine L1 DRM and was working great until now. Coincidence? I think not....

I tried all the basic stuff, un-install Netflix, re-install from Google Play store, restarting the box, restarting the router, clearing the cache, etc. Nothing works. I finally just uninstalled Netflix on that device for good, I don't think it will be back for that box. I'll just watch it on my Mi Box, TiVo, or Fire TV from now on. No biggie, but kinda lame on Netflix's part. Not a good way to keep customers happy.

Comment

And just found this article posted today actually......

It seems that Netflix has decided to block the HD playback in TV-Boxes without an official license and now it shows an error NW-6-404 when starting the

Comment

Lessons Learned. Thank you netflix, amazon & co. Everybody knows the unrestricted and cheaper alternate to be a stupid customer.

Comment

hi,
                              have sent a mail to videostrong for my m8s pro LLB version . have get an answers with this .zip
                              it's burn key tool apk and normaly it's for the problem with netflix.
                              i can't test now i'm at work

"
                              Hi,Jeremy

I'm Lily from Videostrong. About the problem of nextflix. Pls find the attachment.There is burn key guide in the file. It can help you to solve the problem.

Best Regards

Lily
                              Sales Director
                              Videostrong is an Original Manufacture of Android tv box/STB/Hybrid Box.

__________________________________________________ _

Hi Lily,

thanks but the problem is the google certification. netflix banned all box without google certification. burn key tool it's just for the widevine drm ?

In my M8S pro L the widevine L1 drm are ok

Best regard

Jeremy

Hi,Jeremy

It's for Netflix problem, not for the widevine drm.You can have a try.

"

Attached Files
                              Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Working...
                              X