Abox A4 unroot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abox A4 unroot

Hey guys. Hope I got this in the right place. I have a Abox A4 running Android tv os 7.1.2(the bastardized version of real Android tv os). This box "claims" to be unrooted, it has a root switch where you can turn root on and off. Well, I turned root of and verified this with rootchecker. Rootchecker says the box isn't properly rooted. All good right? No. I'm trying to use Vudu on this box and Vudu has a root check system in place that won't allow the app to run properly on rooted devices. I can login to vudu, get access to the movie categories, my movies, I can click on my movies and it shows the play function. I can do EVERYTHING in vudu EXCEPT actual play a movie. When I click on play it gives me the 4 little blue spinning icons for a few seconds then boots me back to the movie page with a message that says "Encountered a problem, please try again"(or something to that affect). I have read others saying they have this issue as well and I did see somewhere that if I can get in the app and use most of it's functions then the root access isnt the issue but rather an issue with vudu itself. Does anyone know how to unroot a box that says it's not rooted but clearly there is some kind of root structure in place? I tried using superuser on another box like this and it crashed the box so I don't want to go that route.
Working...
X