T95N Mini Mx and garbled video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95N Mini Mx and garbled video

I have a T95N Mini Mx, 1g/8g, S905x, Android 6, and it will play most video files fine, but with a few video files, I get garbled video. The garbled video looks like unicorn puke or kind of like analog static, but in color. If I turn hardware decoding off, the video looks correct, but it only plays at 2 or 3 fps and then the player crashes. I've tried using VLC and Kodi, both produce identical results. I've tried playing over the network, and on an SD card, and on an attached hard drive, all of which produce the same results. If I use the Plex app and play the same video file from my Plex server, it displays fine, but my Plex server is transcoding it.

This leads me to believe that there is an incompatibility between the hardware decoder and whatever codec is used on these particular video files. If so, is there any way to fix it? Or is it a hardware limitation regarding whatever codec is used? I have another ATV box with an S912 and Android 7.1 and it plays everything fine, as does my computer, so I know the video files themselves are fine. Any ideas?
Working...
X