Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaroid Model 704 vs PMID703c, internet hangs disconnects everytime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid Model 704 vs PMID703c, internet hangs disconnects everytime!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

First
    , which is older 704 or 703c? Polaroid 704 is always listed 2nd on all the firmware lists which makes me think it's older that 703c since it looks like the firmware lists go from oldest to newest? I had two 703c's that were replaced by Southern Telecom and they assure me that 704 is an upgrade from 703c but I'm just not sure, whats the truth?

Second, on the 703c I started having problems where the internet would hang and disconnect and we would have to factory reset the tablet to get it to work but it would only last hours and the process would have to be repeated. On the 704's I can't even download ANY market, Internet connects fine, signal strength is excellent... Go to download a market and it starts, 10% 21%, I even got upto 61% but ALWAYS, signal strength diminishes to one bar and then no bars and "No Internet Found". Market download not complete. EVERYTIME! P.S. I have yet to try a firmware reload. That is what tech support told me to try next and then call back.

I've tried numerous settings on my router but I don't get what the problem could be. I have a Netgear N900 Dual Band Gigabit Route, Model:WNDR4500. Each channel is set to 450Mb, on WPS2 security (which the tablet recognizes fine). I've also tried other securities with no luck. The channel is set to auto. I just don't get it. Android phones connect fine to the router and internet.

The tablet connects and says connected at 150mbps but hangs and disconnects whenever using the internet. It does the same thing for web browsing activities.

Thanks!!
Working...
X