Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only able to flash android stock rom.

Originally posted by ionutz View Post
    thanks for reply. now work but wifi dont want. i try with command line and not work
    Sorry to replay late,that is bz I am not able to flash linux,I don't know why.i tried with finless flash tool and other flash tool but at end of flashing it shows run failed. I was able to flash before .now I can flash only android with rk batch tool .i think I tried to flash linux hundred times!but all failed.please help me.

Comment

Can flash only android stock rom

Originally posted by vmkogeretla View Post
      http://yadi.sk/d/dWRSwlQwCCouX - adobeflash-chromium-arm-vmk.tar.gz
      Sorry to replay late,that is bz I am not able to flash linux,I don't know why.i tried with finless flash tool and other flash tool but at end of flashing it shows run failed. I was able to flash before .now I can flash only android with rk batch tool .i think I tried to flash linux hundred times!but all failed.please help me.

Comment

didn't work

link only NAND http://yadi.sk/d/R9By8N49C3kLE/
        if for NAND will work, then I will compile for recovery
        my device is mk908 (not v3)
        I flashed your xubuntu-13.04-core-vmk
        Selected rk3188_mk908_linux_720_defconfig-kernel.img
        checked "system" section in RK Tool which was NOT ckecKed (the other four were all checked)
        Erased nand (went o.k)
        Flashed (went o.k) - took a while of course as it was 1.3 Gb data to write
        Waited for 10-15 minutes - blue light was on but no screen output
        Then unplugged the device and rebooted (waited for another 10 minutes)
        No screen output and the blue lamp was off

What did I do wrong? I am willing to retry couple of more times. It would however so much more convenient to test with recovery linux kernel image if you would compile one plz.

Now I reflashed to android. Then I loop mounted your system img which I could easily convert to RFS and transfer to sd card to test recovery kernels if you are willing to produce them (I always prefere 720p because of my poor vision.

Many thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by sevo1984 View Post
          my device is mk908 (not v3)
          I flashed your xubuntu-13.04-core-vmk
          Selected rk3188_mk908_linux_720_defconfig-kernel.img
          checked "system" section in RK Tool which was NOT ckecKed (the other four were all checked)
          Erased nand (went o.k)
          Flashed (went o.k) - took a while of course as it was 1.3 Gb data to write
          Waited for 10-15 minutes - blue light was on but no screen output
          Then unplugged the device and rebooted (waited for another 10 minutes)
          No screen output and the blue lamp was off

What did I do wrong? I am willing to retry couple of more times. It would however so much more convenient to test with recovery linux kernel image if you would compile one plz.

Now I reflashed to android. Then I loop mounted your system img which I could easily convert to RFS and transfer to sd card to test recovery kernels if you are willing to produce them (I always prefere 720p because of my poor vision.

Many thanks again!
          OK завтра

Comment

No Root filesystem

Hi

I used the PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGui installer on a stick MK809III.

The stick boots but into initramfs shell and stops.

Using dmesg i found the root file system (system.img) can not be mounted.
            Using linux i tried to mount the system.img with:
            mount -o loop system.img /mnt
            failed. Error message: EXT4-fs bad geometry

Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by stranzenbach View Post
              Hi

Any help?
              sudo mount -t ext4 -o ro /system.img /mnt or redownload

Comment

found out myself

Originally posted by stranzenbach View Post
                Hi

Any help?
                Found out myself: Due to missing space on disk the system.img was not unpacked completely
                Picuntu works great, Thanks a lot.

Comment

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Is this also possible on a rk3066 device, like the iMito MX1? Or is this only for rk3188?

Send from my GT-I9300 with Tapatalk

Comment

T-R24 Ubuntu?

Hi I am new to all this but I would like to know if someone can tell me how to get picuntu working on my T-R42. I would like to use it as a desktop and if it works well a server. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

Comment

It was possible to someone to install Ubuntu in the MK908 (in NAND) ?

If anyone has turned please describe instructions for all ...

Comment

Shutting mk802iv down and Package Manager

Hi everybody, good work on making picuntu work on mk802IV, have tried 2.2 on mk802iiis and this is much better.

I have some doubts about it...
                        1. Which is the proper way to shut picuntu down? I have tried thru the shutdown command and the logout icon and it doesn't shutdown, it goes to a black screen but it doens't seem to complete the shutdown.
                        2. Which is thr proper way to force a shutdown, i.e. when it hangs? When I had proplems to shut it down I have unplugged it but that seems to make some mess at the file system since it doesn't boot up again as always, it starts to show errors and, if I'm lucky, after several tries it boots (I had to flash it again in one ocation).
                        3. Does Synaptic Package Manager work? Since I have tried to install VINO (to alllow remote desktop) and it hung when it was applying the scripts and it never ended.

Thanks in advance!
                        Alejandro.
                        Last edited by alediaz; 11-14-2013, 15:37.

Comment

Rikomagic MK902

Hi team, great work!

I would like to ask if Picuntu willl work on Rikomagic MK902:

Hardware seems to be same as on MK802iv. What you think, worth to buy?

Thanks.

Comment

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?5867-A-GUI-tool-for-flashing-rk3066-rk3188-kernel-image-under-Linux
                            (backup partition, flash partition)
                            or
                            Rootfs copy to another folder, exclude
                            (/dev/*,/proc/*,/sys/*,/tmp/*,/run/*,/mnt/*,/media/*,/lost+found)
                            Midnight Commander (sudo apt-get install mc), sudo mc
                            After much looking around I finally tracked down the following

Hi, Because I don't run Windows nor NetBSD, I rewrote rkflash from scratch with the use of libusb-1.0, so you can now read and write your rk2818-based tablet's flash memory under Linux (also w/o the need to root your tablet). Credit for...

Flash acces to RK chips via bootloader. Contribute to crewrktablets/rkflashtools development by creating an account on GitHub.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like this will do what I need.

I also had some success using dd from

full hard disk copy dd if=/dev/hdx of=/dev/hdy dd if=/dev/hdx of=/path/to/image dd if=/dev/hdx | gzip > /path/to/image.gz Hdx could be hda, ...

I use the command dd if=/dev/sda | gzip > /media/test/system_backup.img.gz to backup my disk. But the system_bakcup.img.gz is up to 5GB, and when I compress this file, the system_backup.img is o...

In case anybody else is trying to do this and having issues writing it to a fat32 filesystem...

Comment

720p kernel

Hi, anyone have the kernel with 720p resolution for picuntu 4.5.
                              Thanks a lot

Comment

http://yadi.sk/d/dWRSwlQwCCouX - adobeflash-chromium-arm-vmk.tar.gz
                                sorry to disturb u,would u explain how to install this adobeflash to chromium browser.bz i am new to linux.

Comment

Working...
                                X