Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if I can do this with rkflashtools/rkflashkit on linux. Seems a bit odd to me that I have to use a windows machine to change my device from one linux to another.

Comment

It seems both of my sticks are running at 1.2ghz after flashing Linux (PicUntu and Linuxium).
      Code:
      cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freg
      will show you your current cpu speed
      Here is a good link of how you can set the frequencies of your stick.
      http://blog.tube42.se/?p=1225

do a
      Code:
      cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
      I found the max frequencies on both stick is 1608000
      Last edited by Jackyman38; 12-12-2013, 19:24.

Comment

Hello,

does exist an easy way to change video resolution?
        My tv is hdready, not full hd. It can handle 1920x1080 but resample is very ugly.
        A 720p kernel would be perfect...
        I've tried with fbset but results are always bizarre...
        I've a QC802 (MK802 IV clone with 6210 wifi chipset).
        Thanks...

Comment

Agreed on 720p version

Originally posted by bluesummer View Post
          Hello,

does exist an easy way to change video resolution?
          My tv is hdready, not full hd. It can handle 1920x1080 but resample is very ugly.
          A 720p kernel would be perfect...
          I've tried with fbset but results are always bizarre...
          I've a QC802 (MK802 IV clone with 6210 wifi chipset).
          Thanks...
          The 1080p looks incredible on my TV, but my sons isn't 1080 and doesn't look good at all. I want use a MK809III Quad Core dongle in his room, so he can get Linux experience by fooling around with it. So any guidance would greatly be appreciated!!! (not sure how to compile a kernel yet, but I'm learning...but by time I figure it out these things will be as old as 8086 processors! ha)

Comment

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED MY NETXEON MK809III V1.0. BUT I DONT KNOW TO PASS FOR ROOT.
            I M ALSO FACING STRANGE PROBLEM. I M USING ONIDA FULL HD LCD TV AND FROM BEGINNING WHEN BOOTING START MY DISPLAY IS OUT OF SCREEN AREA( ALL OF THE FOUR SIDE GOING OUTSIDE DISPLAY AREA) AND MY DISPLAY IS GOING BLANK AND AFTER FEW SEC IT COMES BACK AGAIN GOING BLANK AND AFTER FEW SEC IT COMES BACK THIS HAPPENNING CONTINUOUSLY.
            I M UNABLE TO TEST OTHER THINGS CAUSE I DON'T HAVE PHYSICAL KEYBOARD SO PLEASE ADD VIRTUAL KEYBOARD IF POSSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE PHYSICAL KEYBOARD LIKE ANDROID

Sent from my MIUI By Java using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I have installed Ubuntu from this post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post109194
              on my mk908 v5, but it can't load in graphics interface. I've got a message like "system run in low graphics mode" and no ubuntu desktop appears.
              How can i fix this? It is neccessary to install video driver or something else?
              Now i can boot into command line, and it's working ok, but x-server do not start.

upd:
              If i break down to command line with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and run 'startx', i get a ubuntu-like desktop with same color background, but no menu's and so on.

Here is screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/er60f10lzg...225_173157.jpg

Comment

lightdm not running. Error - no permission on /var/lib/lightdm/.Xauthority
                i tried to change owner of /var/lib/lightdm, but it doen't work

Comment

How come Mali 3D Hardware acceleration is not included in Picuntu 4.5?

Comment

Hi, now i have reinstalled picuntu for mk908 distr. It loads and works, i have installed some software like vsftp and apache2. And it works ok too.
                    Also i need some application development. For it i have installed QDevelop via Synaptic Package Manager.
                    And i have it cruhes when building project from IDE, if i build project from console, it builds ok.
                    Error - "segmentation fault" when builing from IDE.

Second problem - device suddenly reboots. My suggestion - is overheating, but i run stress utility, wich loads cores for 100% and device continues running.

Comment

It works!

Today i flashed image ubuntu-12.04 from whis post http://www.gizfun.com/content/instal...ksmk908mk802iv in 'system' block of nand
                      Then i've resized root parition with commands (i've took this command from rc.local of vmkogeretla's image, thanks to him )
                      Code:
                          resize2fs -p /dev/mtdblock2
                          mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock2
                      Now i have almost 8G of disk space, and 75% free space;

For installing applications (like chromium) you need update packages with

Code:
                      apt-get update
                      Works fine, no resets, no hangs.

But color depth is low, i think it 16bits per pixel. Is color depth configured in kernel or somewhere else?

Comment

MK908 - Wifi stops after some time

Originally posted by mustafaupk View Post
                        Thank you gmtii. Your kernel here works really well. I flashed it onto my mk908v3 and now it doesn't have the problem with requiring root for network based activities (i.e. firefox/chromium).

A new request for your: Is it possible to compile a kernel with 1920x1080 output?
                        I successfully installed picuntu on my mk908 too (not sure which version), managed to have wifi module loaded at boot time (just had to move the file in the right driver folder for 3.0.72+), without root required for firefox/chrome, but know the wifi stops itself after some time (some hours, haven't checked if it's always the same amount). Does anyone with a mk908 have the same problem ? And maybe a solution ? ^^

I want to use it as a little web/dev/files/scripting server, so a stable wifi connexion would be usefull

Anyway, thanks a lot for all this work !

Comment

I'm not able to estabilish a RDP session to picuntu.
                          I instaled xrdp server, but after the login I can't see the desktop

Comment

blinking screen MK908V3

Somebody please help me fixing the screen blinking issue with my MK908v3. The HDMI output is constantly switching on and off every 1-2seconds. I've flashed the images below.
                            Beside this everything else is working, wifi as well. (The same happens when I boot from an external USB the linuxium image with a recovery image.)

Is there anybody experiencing this problem?

Thx for your help in advance

Originally posted by goldenfly View Post
                            First of all, a huge thanks to Alok, as well as the entire PicUntu team and community members, for your hard work in getting PicUntu onto RK3188 devices!

Following the postings from gmtii and alok's response, I've re-compressed a version of the installer 7z (DOWNLOAD HERE) which contains an updated system.img that includes Omegamoon's 3.0.72+ kernel modules (/lib/modules/3.0.72+/ folder copied from gmtii's archive, /lib/modules/*.ko.3.0.72+ compiled from omegamoon's git repo), as well as gmtii's compiled kernel_nand.img and kernel_sd.img. I hope that this can allow more people to try out PicUntu on their MK908 devices!

Flashing Instructions (derived from Alok's; tested on MK908 v3):
                            0. Make sure you have the Rockchip device drivers installed on your Windows PC. You can use Google to find instructions. Also, read Alok's original post before continuing.

1. On a Windows PC, download and uncompress PicUntu-4.5-BasicGUI-Nand-MK908v3.7z.

2. Run rk_flash_1.37/RKAndroidTool.exe. Every entry except for misc, recovery, and backup should be checked.

3. Disconnect all USB connections to your MK908 device; make sure a USB-to-mini-USB cable is connected to your PC.

4. While holding down the reset/flash button (accessed via the small hole near the HDMI jack that does not light up during normal boot-up), connect the mini-USB cable to the side mini-USB jack (labelled OTG). Hold for 2+ seconds until RkAndroidTool.exe reports "Device Found for Flashing". (If this does not happen, make sure you have the Rockchip device drivers installed)

5. Click on Erase NAND and wait until messages stop (~20 sec)

6. Click on Flash ROM and wait until messages stop (~3 mins)

Currently, you need to manually load the wifi module on every boot, although you can probably create an upstart/init.d script/cronjob/etc. script to do this automatically.

7. Once you log into PicUntu, open up a Terminal (2nd icon in the bottom launchpad).

8. Type 'sudo insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko.3.0.72+', and enter password when prompted.

(Edit: there seems to be a permission issue after running this command, where only root user can access internet -- ping/ssh/apt/wget/firefox/etc all fails under picuntu user. Try removing the sudo when running the insmod command... I have yet to test this since I'm in the middle of compiling.)

9. Enjoy PicUntu on your MK908 device!

I'm in the process of configuring a MK908 to control an AR.Drone quadrotor autonomously using OpenCV and ROS. More on that soon (I hope)

Sidenote: to find out what is the board version of you MK908, you need to open the case (by slowly propping it open using a spadger/ flat screwdriver/etc), and look for the text "MK908 V3.0 2013/05/13" on the side with the reset/flash button, near the OTG mini-USB jack.

P.S. to Alok: in RkAndroidTool.exe, you can right-click on the list of items and export an updated flash configuration into config.cfg
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mlck; 12-31-2013, 10:30. Reason: added dmesg output of the first boot

Comment

Originally posted by mlck View Post
                              Somebody please help me fixing the screen blinking issue with my MK908v3. The HDMI output is constantly switching on and off every 1-2seconds. I've flashed the images below.
                              Beside this everything else is working, wifi as well. (The same happens when I boot from an external USB the linuxium image with a recovery image.)

Is there anybody experiencing this problem?

Thx for your help in advance
                              Yes, I am experiencing the same problem. I have posted a issue on this on alok's github. If anyone else has the same issue please post it in that issue on github to make alok aware of this bug.

URL here: https://github.com/aloksinha2001/Linux3188/issues/23

Comment

cant install programs

I am a complete begginner with linux and i have tried installing several programs in several ways, van someone please tell med how its done?

Comment

Working...
                                X