Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	430922

tried to flash it, followed the read me, erase nand, then flash.
    fail? (error msg)

im using rikomagic's mk80IV (16GB), with the new wifi (ap6210).

any one else expiriencing this?
    cos i tried twice, with the same result.
    Last edited by milkboy; 10-12-2013, 17:33.

Comment

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
      Here's my attempt for adding support for other devices to PicUntu:
      Linux Source - RK3188 - PicUntu. Contribute to phjanderson/Linux3188 development by creating an account on GitHub.

The kernel has parameterization of several things like GPIO lines. It defaults to the mk802iv ap6210 settings.

I added two defconfigs for the t428 and qx1 to show how it works. (just compare them with the mk802iv defconfig)

I also added a platform "picuntu3188" to my marvin build tool:
      Marvin - Android kernel build tool. Contribute to phjanderson/marvin development by creating an account on GitHub.

To build a kernel, do the following:
      Code:
      ./marvin platform picuntu3188
      ./marvin config t428 1080p
      ./marvin build
      All of it is untested as I haven't had time to install picuntu yet, but should work I guess.

Oh, and I also added the ethernet driver for the X7, should work with the t428 config (not all drivers for other devices such as IR and analog audio are added yet though).
      Good, thanks it will save some time to me, I am waiting for a usb to Ethernet device to arrive before try picuntu

leolas.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I've installed this to my mk908 II without any additional step. It was easy just flashed rom.
        It's nice... wifi (ap6210 chip) works out of box. my monitor is 1080p and screen is too. I can't test the sound over HDMI because I'm using DVI using HDM converter.

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
          1. Get hold of the driver (lets say 8188eu.ko ) from another linux/android installation where it is working.
          2. Put it in /lib/modules/kernel directory on PicUntu
          3. Run
          Code:
          depmod -a
          To get the modules loaded.
          Hi there

I've taken what I think are the right modules from Lewy's Hybrid ROM for the K-R42. They are 8188eu.ko and rk29-ipp.ko.
          Put both files into /lib/modules (also tried /lib/modules/3.0.6+/kernel), and ran "sudo depmod -a". No errors or other feedback, but nothing appears to be working afterwards; There are no network interfaces showing up.
          Next I tried just using insmod, but got: "Unknown symbol in module" for the 8188 driver, and "Invalid module format" for the RK29 ethernet driver.

Now I'm not really familiar with how this all works, so I apologize if I've got something wrong!
          Does anybody have a suggestion, or should I just wait more patiently for K-R42 support to be baked in?

Comment

Originally posted by milkboy View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3543[/ATTACH]

tried to flash it, followed the read me, erase nand, then flash.
            fail? (error msg)

im using rikomagic's mk80IV (16GB), with the new wifi (ap6210).

any one else expiriencing this?
            cos i tried twice, with the same result.
            manage to flash it by changing the bootloader from Neomode Custom Rom Version 1.0, bootloader v1.24
            is anyone else getting this error

Comment

Finally got my wifi chipset 8188eu working out of the box

After a long trial , I finally managed to compile a kernel for picuntu which recognizes my chipset rtl8188etv vid=0bda pid=0179 out of the box.It should also work for rtl8188eu. I would like to thank Mr. mmm123 and leolas for helping me and Mr. Alok sinha for such a wonderful distro.....
              Thanks..
              In the meanwhile, I will try to upload the kernel, if somebody is interested to try, they can..

Comment

Picuntu Kernel for rtl8188etv and rtl8188eu chipset

And here is the kernel....
                First Unzip it
                Just erase the older kernel and flash this one with rkflash tool 1.37 , you are good to go...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shaan_npl View Post
                  First Unzip it
                  Just erase the older kernel and flash this one with rkflash tool 1.37 , you are good to go...
                  Shaan - excellent work - Can you please share the .config file as well...

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by paul1 View Post
                    Hi Alok,
                    So my questions are: 1) does PicUntu support 'Minix Neo X7' (or another with many same audio & USB ports), its WiFi and all its many ports, less GPU hardware accel & Bluetooth ?, 2) Only reason I want to change Android to Linux is to run Inkscape, Postgres, LibreOffice, VLC MediaPlayer, XBMC and maybe a few other open-source apps that currently run on my Windows laptop. As I have no linux experience, is PicUntu near enough to standard Ubuntu to allow simple installation of these, i.e binary image, not compiling source code ?
                    1. No at this point of time, I have not tested Minix Neo X7 - so cannot say for sure.
                    2. XBMC will not work, effectively, till we resolve the hardware acceleration issue - this is some time away.
                    3. Yes, picuntu allows all (almost all) ubuntu 13.04 installs with command apt-get install <name of package>

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by cororok View Post
                      I've installed this to my mk908 II without any additional step. It was easy just flashed rom.
                      It's nice... wifi (ap6210 chip) works out of box. my monitor is 1080p and screen is too. I can't test the sound over HDMI because I'm using DVI using HDM converter.
                      Sound is good too... when you check it

Glad you liked the distro.

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by linuxerwang View Post
                        Thanks for sharing it with us, Alok!

Can you also share the ../mytools/4.8-mkalokimg.sh file? Looks like you have a handle shell script which I believe will help lots of people customize their own kernel. Thank you!
                        Could you pm me please...

Comment

Originally posted by dkcm View Post
                          This is brilliant! Many thanks for your work. This release is really really fast.
                          Glad you liked it.

Alok

Comment

Kernel Config

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
                            Shaan - excellent work - Can you please share the .config file as well...

Alok
                            Dear Alok,

pls find the config file attached...config-3.0.36-Linux3188-2013.10.13.11h.10m.txt

Comment

First Unzip it
                              Thank you for posting this!
                              Wifi now works on my K-R42, which is great - I have network connectivity

Comment

Bluetooth Driver......????

Following every possible way suggested, I could not make my wifi chipset work with this release of picuntu. Decided to open my box, sharing here what I found. 1. Wifi chipset is Realtek RTL8188ETV (dmesg gives me VID=0bda PID=0179) 2. Bluetooth Chipset is RDA 5876 (ES162242), info at http://www.rdamicro.com/products/Detail_194.aspx. I tried to search for bluetooth driver, couldn't get any but found out the source code for it. It can be obtained below.... http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.p...0&d=1381484085 I hope it would be useful for the developers... Dear Alok, can you compile the driver for bluetooth please...? At least it would solve one problem....Thanks
                                Dear Alok Can you compile the driver for Bluetooth Chipset is RDA 5876 please (source file attached)...or at least if anyone could guide me to the basics of driver compilation from source... Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                                X