Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Succesful Install on T428 - but now cannot reflash?

I sucessfully installed on the T428 using - It is amazing !!

Here are a few of my findings:

1. Internal WIFI and Bluetooth not recognised. External Bluetooth device also doesn't seem to be recognised ( I installed bluetooth manager, no adapters found)
    2. External USB Wifi recognised (DLINK DWA 140 ) but still working on trying to get it to work.
    3. Sound worked out of the box via HDMI.
    4. External USB Sound card is recognised , but it is not producing any sound (I selected playback of the recognised device in the pulse audio mixer, unmuted, mixer volume max - still no sound) : update - uninstalled pulseaudio, then reinstalled it and also included all recommended and suggested packages, then used pulse audio volume control and voila ! USB sound :-)
    5. Cannot install Skype (architecture problems). I had hoped to at least get audio with skype but no success.
    6. Of course MALI accelerated graphics not supported.
    7. Firefox and chromium worked fine, most flash video sites don't work. Limited success with youtube in firefox using gnash. Very choppy.
    8. Playing Videos (even low res) with Parole is very choppy full screen, have to have a very small window to play sort of smoothly.
    9. Playing videos with gnome mplayer - will only play in a small window.
    10. Libre Office works great.
    11. Overall a very 'snappy' peformance, amazing , eventually this will become a full blown replacement desktop, well done to all !!

Now I have had a good play with it I want to go back to Android, at least for now as there is still work to be done with teh linux system. However my stick is now not recognised at all by my Windows PC. I had no problems before flashing to picuntu. The stick is just not recognised at all i.e. no usb sound, no new drive letter, just no reaction at all from the PC or Rockchip Tools software (even with the flash/reset button pressed). I have flashed and reflashed this stick hundreds of times before, this is the first time I faced this problem.

Any advice anyone?

Many thanks
    Last edited by nickyp; 01-06-2014, 17:46.

Comment

BT dongle not working

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
      Originally posted by shaan_npl View Post
      We still can use usb bluetooth dongles ... right....?
      Yes.
      I've tried that, but the dongle was not recognized. Kernel is missing CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB - that would build hci_usb module. Any ideas how to get it? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rastik View Post
        I've tried that, but the dongle was not recognized. Kernel is missing CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB - that would build hci_usb module. Any ideas how to get it? Thank you.
        I have compiled it but the kernel must be patched, see

and then it seems to work. I will try this with Linuxium's kernel as it is easier to compile for the time being

Comment

Originally posted by dkcm View Post
          I have compiled it but the kernel must be patched, see

and then it seems to work. I will try this with Linuxium's kernel as it is easier to compile for the time being
          Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Picuntu has been running real smooth for weeks on my hdmi dongle (RK3188). Yesterday I needed to shut it down, and now it won't startup anymore.

Using the same power supply, when I plug it in I can see the lue led lighting inside the plastic case, but it's not booting. No output on the HDMI. If I plug an USB optical mouse before the power supply, I can see its light for a fraction of second. But nothing more.

Is it a known issue? What do you suggest? Should I try flashing the kernel again? Or flashing everything again (I would rather not as I have spent hours in configuring all the needed services, and didn't do any backup)? or do you believe it is definitely bricked?
            Blog [FR]

Comment

I tried to install it too but whenever it's completed in Rom Flash tool it's not booting... you seem to have been able to install it on a mk908 v5 which I have also. Did you do it through Linux? What steps aren't I doing?

This is what I did:
              • Downloaded Kernel 720p MK908 from https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash...CxQoP%2BN00%3D
              • Downloaded Xubuntu stuff from the same site
              • Double click on Rom_Flash_Tool.exe and changing kernel to the one downloaded.
              • Tried the following systems:
                • first checking system-install that is already included but unchecked.
                • secondly I tried an to install that system onto a sdcard (win32diskimager) and reflash everything without checking the box.
                • thirdly checking with the linuxium-ubuntu that you talked about (I'm currently installing it)
              • I also tried to flash a recovery kernel (that was mentionned on the site Yandex as out-imagetext-recovery but still nothing on my screen from another tool (since in the tool offered in the xubuntu package there's no recovery))
              • I changed the original Loader for the xubuntu package to the Finless Rom 1,7a loader since it was said in one post that it could help someone to take the last one.

Since I see no output, I cannot know where resides my error and what I have done incorrectly however, maybe by reading me, you'll know what might be wrong

THanks and have a nice day.

Michel

Originally posted by subver View Post
              I have installed Ubuntu from this post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post109194
              on my mk908 v5, but it can't load in graphics interface. I've got a message like "system run in low graphics mode" and no ubuntu desktop appears.
              How can i fix this? It is neccessary to install video driver or something else?
              Now i can boot into command line, and it's working ok, but x-server do not start.

upd:
              If i break down to command line with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and run 'startx', i get a ubuntu-like desktop with same color background, but no menu's and so on.

Here is screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/er60f10lzg...225_173157.jpg
              Last edited by drynish; 01-10-2014, 02:55.

Comment

Originally posted by drynish View Post
                Since I see no output, I cannot know where resides my error and what I have done incorrectly however, maybe by reading me, you'll know what might be wrong

Michel
                Try to flash kernel image from that post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post103606

Or kernel from Finless ROM 1.7a, but in that kernel some network function works strange, because of android security config ))

Comment

Try to flash kernel image from that post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post103606

Or kernel from Finless ROM 1.7a, but in that kernel some network function works strange, because of android security config ))
                  Which one did you take? I never tought that I could use the same kernel for linux and android...

The first one is not working (screen blinking) like in picuntu... The finless is working (for now) and I'm installing right now ubuntu from the xubuntu package.

Latest update: first one not working, blinking screen like every kernel from picuntu... finless is working but far too more limitations because of the android security. I have no choice but go back with android until linux is far more mature. At first I wanted a linux desktop with my MK908... but right now, I'm hesitating, android with the coming of andropen office and xbmc... seems to me a good contestant for any desktop linux.

TY!

Michel
                  Last edited by drynish; 01-10-2014, 16:21.

Comment

Which one did you take?
                    this one

but this kernel redirects output to uart, not to screen and you will see no output until boot complete

Comment

Please, a clear point of situation

Hy everybody.
                      At first: THANKS a lot for all your efforts. I really appreciate your abilities and your time.
                      I would like to know a clear point of situation for this rom regarding the MK802IV 8 GB model, old wifi (RTL8188eu). In particular:

1. Does it work?
                      2. Does it need some operations for having it working?
                      3. Does Logitech webcams work?

Thank you.
                      Last edited by drfranz; 01-12-2014, 09:48.

Comment

this one

but this kernel redirects output to uart, not to screen and you will see no output until boot complete
                        No for me it's not working... I don't understand... you're the second one telling me that you don't have any issue with this kernel and on my side, my screen is blinking each 2 seconds.... I saw on page 13 of this feed that somes are having the same issues as me.

I'm wondering if I truly have a tronsmart mk908, what a wonderful toy even under Android!

MIchel

Comment

Hox to install Picuntu on MK908 V

Hello all,

I just have a question, does anybody have a step by step method to install safely Picuntu on a MK908 V ?
                          I have tried with the standard 4.5 version but got a device that refuse to boot.

Thanks to all.

Comment

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post103556
                            Originally posted by patdut View Post
                            Hello all,

I just have a question, does anybody have a step by step method to install safely Picuntu on a MK908 V ?
                            I have tried with the standard 4.5 version but got a device that refuse to boot.

Thanks to all.
                            On my V5 it's blinking screen... but you can look at thread 78 on page 4 I think

MIchel

Comment

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post103556

On my V5 it's blinking screen... but you can look at thread 78 on page 4 I think

MIchel
                              That is the method I used to install Picuntu on my MK908. But if it works fine for v3 it fails on V5.

Comment

Originally posted by patdut View Post
                                That is the method I used to install Picuntu on my MK908. But if it works fine for v3 it fails on V5.
                                On my side it worked halfway (with a blinking screen) we can only assume we don't have the same MK908! I bought mine in december so I'm pretty sure it's a v5.

Michel

Comment

Working...
                                X