Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS there a better forum/thread to ask questions?

Not being funny guys but it's obvious that any Linux based questions seem to fall on deaf ears here
    Is there a forum or thread where Noobs like myself can get help on setting up things like VNC etc?
    TTFN

Comment

Originally posted by l33boy View Post
      Not being funny guys but it's obvious that any Linux based questions seem to fall on deaf ears here
      Is there a forum or thread where Noobs like myself can get help on setting up things like VNC etc?
      TTFN
      I got xrdp working with my mk802iv. Why not try that?

Comment

kernel for MK908II

Can anybody public kernel for MK908II with supporting wifi and devices FT232R /FTDI/?

Comment

Originally posted by koderx View Post
          Can anybody public kernel for MK908II with supporting wifi and devices FT232R /FTDI/?
          From what I understand the MK908II has the broadcom AP6210 chipset so should be supported by default in Picuntu 4.5. What does iwconfig output?

Comment

Originally posted by enrique66_35 View Post
            From what I understand the MK908II has the broadcom AP6210 chipset so should be supported by default in Picuntu 4.5. What does iwconfig output?
            Yes, MK908II has the broadcom AP6210 chipset, it is true.
            But, kernel in Picuntu 4.5 has no support for ftdi ft232r chip. Can anybody public kernel with supporting ft232r.
            Picuntu 4.5 has support for broadcom AP6210 /wifi works OK/ but ft232r does not work.
            We have to have in directory /dev/ a file /dev/ttyUSB0 and etc.
            Last edited by koderx; 02-10-2014, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by ejumbo View Post
              I got xrdp working with my mk802iv. Why not try that?
              thanks for the reply, very much appreciated

however... I cant get the GUI to come up when I run xrdp..... total noob

Comment

thanks for the reply, very much appreciated

however... I cant get the GUI to come up when I run xrdp..... total noob
                I've used Kevin's write-up over the years to get xrdp to run on Ubuntu successfully.

This worked for me => His most recent instructions are found here=> http://scarygliders.net/2013/07/25/x...-now-released/

A previous incarnation was this => http://scarygliders.net/2011/11/17/x...n-new-hotness/

Remember to uninstall the xrdp prior to doing any of the above methods.

By the way, this beats any screen resolution issue, all be it remotely.

Ed.

Comment

I've used Kevin's write-up over the years to get xrdp to run on Ubuntu successfully.

This worked for me => His most recent instructions are found here=> http://scarygliders.net/2013/07/25/x...-now-released/

Remember to uninstall the xrdp prior to doing any of the above methods.

By the way, this beats any screen resolution issue, all be it remotely.

Ed.
                  Thanks for those links my friend
                  I gave that first link a go with --justdoit and left it compiling overnight...
                  I remembered to uninstall xrdp first
                  Came down this morning and there was a an error, something like Dir_lib not found or something?
                  Tried rebooting but no wifi so couldn't post the log.
                  I'll reinstall Picuntu from scratch and re-run that first link to see if it was something i inadvertently did whilst messing.
                  Did you 'justdoit' or did you go through the config?
                  Thanks again for the links... gives me hope!
                  Last edited by l33boy; 02-11-2014, 09:27.

Comment

Thanks for those links my friend
                    I gave that first link a go with --justdoit and left it compiling overnight...
                    I remembered to uninstall xrdp first
                    Came down this morning and there was a an error, something like Dir_lib not found or something?
                    Tried rebooting but no wifi so couldn't post the log.
                    I'll reinstall Picuntu from scratch and re-run that first link to see if it was something i inadvertently did whilst messing.
                    Did you 'justdoit' or did you go through the config?
                    Thanks again for the links... gives me hope!
                    You don't want to completely uninstall xrdp, just remove the program and leave the config (as described in Kevin's earlier post).

This is not something you run and forget about. You need to read the log and work out the errors. It will take a number of runs. You must enable src repositories, also.
                    Reinstalling seems too drastic and yes, I ran 'justdoit'. I remember that there were warnings at the end, but the deb files were created.

After successfully installed this is what I had to do. (Again, much of this is from Kevin's earlier posts.)

a)
                    sudo su -
                    cd /etc/xrdp
                    mv startwm.sh startwm.sh.BACKUP
                    ln -s /etc/X11/Xsession /etc/xrdp/startwm.sh
                    b) For each user:
                    echo “startxfce4” > ~/.xsession
                    chmod u+x .xsession
                    c) Add each user to the netdev group
                    sudo gpasswd -a <username> netdev
                    restart the system
                    d) Create ~/.Xresources and add the following:
                    ! Use a nice truetype font and size by default...
                    xterm*faceName: DejaVu Sans Mono Book
                    xterm*faceSize: 11
                    ! Every shell is a login shell by default (for inclusion of all necessary environment variables)
                    xterm*loginshell: true
                    ! I like a LOT of scrollback...
                    xterm*savelines: 16384
                    ! double-click to select whole URLs
                    xterm*charClass: 33:48,36-47:48,58-59:48,61:48,63-64:48,95:48,126:48
                    ! DOS-box colours...
                    xterm*foreground: rgb:a8/a8/a8
                    xterm*background: rgb:00/00/00
                    xterm*color0: rgb:00/00/00
                    xterm*color1: rgb:a8/00/00
                    xterm*color2: rgb:00/a8/00
                    xterm*color3: rgb:a8/54/00
                    xterm*color4: rgb:00/00/a8
                    xterm*color5: rgb:a8/00/a8
                    xterm*color6: rgb:00/a8/a8
                    xterm*color7: rgb:a8/a8/a8
                    xterm*color8: rgb:54/54/54
                    xterm*color9: rgb:fc/54/54
                    xterm*color10: rgb:54/fc/54
                    xterm*color11: rgb:fc/fc/54
                    xterm*color12: rgb:54/54/fc
                    xterm*color13: rgb:fc/54/fc
                    xterm*color14: rgb:54/fc/fc
                    xterm*color15: rgb:fc/fc/fc
                    ! right hand side scrollbar...
                    xterm*rightScrollBar: true
                    xterm*ScrollBar: true
                    ! stop output to terminal from jumping down to bottom of scroll again
                    xterm*scrollTtyOutput: false
                    e) Login to xrdp with remote desktop from Windows. Adjust background color by right click-preferences.

All the best!

Comment

Thanks for the comprehensive response!
                      Well I don't know what went wrong but my wifi didn't work after the compiler/installer so I guess something went awry?

A reinstall is pretty quick to do so I may just give it a shot then see if my wifi is still intact.
                      If not then I'll follow your steps to getting my MK802iV on-line.

Thanks again for your help, I'll read the second link you gave me first as well ;-)

Cheers

You don't want to completely uninstall xrdp, just remove the program and leave the config (as described in Kevin's earlier post).

This is not something you run and forget about. You need to read the log and work out the errors. It will take a number of runs. You must enable src repositories, also.
                      Reinstalling seems too drastic and yes, I ran 'justdoit'. I remember that there were warnings at the end, but the deb files were created.

After successfully installed this is what I had to do. (Again, much of this is from Kevin's earlier posts.)

a)
                      sudo su -
                      cd /etc/xrdp
                      mv startwm.sh startwm.sh.BACKUP
                      ln -s /etc/X11/Xsession /etc/xrdp/startwm.sh
                      b) For each user:
                      echo “startxfce4” > ~/.xsession
                      chmod u+x .xsession
                      c) Add each user to the netdev group
                      sudo gpasswd -a <username> netdev
                      restart the system
                      d) Create ~/.Xresources and add the following:
                      ! Use a nice truetype font and size by default...
                      xterm*faceName: DejaVu Sans Mono Book
                      xterm*faceSize: 11
                      ! Every shell is a login shell by default (for inclusion of all necessary environment variables)
                      xterm*loginshell: true
                      ! I like a LOT of scrollback...
                      xterm*savelines: 16384
                      ! double-click to select whole URLs
                      xterm*charClass: 33:48,36-47:48,58-59:48,61:48,63-64:48,95:48,126:48
                      ! DOS-box colours...
                      xterm*foreground: rgb:a8/a8/a8
                      xterm*background: rgb:00/00/00
                      xterm*color0: rgb:00/00/00
                      xterm*color1: rgb:a8/00/00
                      xterm*color2: rgb:00/a8/00
                      xterm*color3: rgb:a8/54/00
                      xterm*color4: rgb:00/00/a8
                      xterm*color5: rgb:a8/00/a8
                      xterm*color6: rgb:00/a8/a8
                      xterm*color7: rgb:a8/a8/a8
                      xterm*color8: rgb:54/54/54
                      xterm*color9: rgb:fc/54/54
                      xterm*color10: rgb:54/fc/54
                      xterm*color11: rgb:fc/fc/54
                      xterm*color12: rgb:54/54/fc
                      xterm*color13: rgb:fc/54/fc
                      xterm*color14: rgb:54/fc/fc
                      xterm*color15: rgb:fc/fc/fc
                      ! right hand side scrollbar...
                      xterm*rightScrollBar: true
                      xterm*ScrollBar: true
                      ! stop output to terminal from jumping down to bottom of scroll again
                      xterm*scrollTtyOutput: false
                      e) Login to xrdp with remote desktop from Windows. Adjust background color by right click-preferences.

All the best!

Comment

XBMC - Will it work with PicUntu 4.5

Just installed Picunto 4.5 on Rk802Iv - just doesn't get any easier than that. I did learn the hard way (five hours research & testing) don't follow XBMC install instructions of the net for this particular build for you will end up getting dependencies errors- just install thru Synaptic Package Manager too easy. So I got XBMC installed without errors however I get a black screen on XBMC startup, XBMC home does not appear. Mouse cursor moves however system is hard locked. Will XBMC work even thou there is no NO Mali 400 drivers available?

Comment

I dittoed on your XBMC procedure with the same outcome. I even tried downloading the missing lib depends to compile, but was not successful.

Now I have the same install from Synaptic and a black screen too. The nearest I can tell is that it has something to do with resolution, but I have no answer.

Comment

WiFi not obtaining IP on MK908

I have an MK908v3 from June, and I used Goldenfly's mk908 instructions to get it running, but wifi isn't working. I've loaded the module, and Wicd can scan for networks, but when I try to connect to an unsecured network, it goes through a bunch of steps, but hangs on 'Obtaining IP Address' Before saying it is unable to get one.

I've also tried various combinations of command line ways with no success. 'dhclient' doesn't appear to do exit and gives no output. Also, /etc/network/interfaces only defines 'lo' and 'eth0', does this only matter for manual configurations?

'sudo iwconfig' shows 'lo' 'sit0' 'ip6tn10' 'p2p0' and 'wlan0'

Any ideas? Are there any log files I can check to see whats going on?

Comment

What is the picuntu kernel version? 3.0.72+?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grzmrc View Post
                                What is the picuntu kernel version? 3.0.72+?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
                                uname -a gives me the following

Linux <machine name> 3.0.36+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 7 12:26:12 IST 2013 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Comment

Working...
                                X