Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail to flash picuntu on MK808

I just receive a MK808 Tronsmart. I tried to install picuntu 4.5.
    When I connect the device I get the device ready and clear the NAND.
    Then I follow flashing kernel, system and so on.
    There I get a run failed and nothing.

Hopefully the device is not briked and I can flash it with the original firmware.

Can somebody tell me wher I make a mistake or what is wrong ?
    Does anybody experiments such troubles ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by patdut View Post
      I just receive a MK808 Tronsmart. I tried to install picuntu 4.5.
      When I connect the device I get the device ready and clear the NAND.
      Then I follow flashing kernel, system and so on.
      There I get a run failed and nothing.

Hopefully the device is not briked and I can flash it with the original firmware.

Can somebody tell me wher I make a mistake or what is wrong ?
      Does anybody experiments such troubles ?

Thanks
      See first post edit of Oct 12th re bootloader issue re MK808IV 16GB model. May also be of help to "mikeme" post 359.

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
      *** EDIT Oct 12th *** Important for MK802IV 16gb owners.

I found out that the Mk802IV 16 gb model used to fail every-time I was trying to flash it. This was observed by other folks too. Thanks to the awesome work by Milkboy, we now have a fix for it.

Very peculiarly the 16GB model fails to flash, if you are using the Rockchip 1.20 bootloader version, you have to use Rockchip 1.24 bootloader version.

You can find the Rockchip 1.24 bootloader here.

So, after you unzip the PicUntu 4.5 Nand zip file, make sure, you replace the included Rockchip bootloader 1.20 with the 1.24 version, and then flash.

*** Edit End ***

Comment

Blinking Video on MK802IV

So I just got my brand new MK802IV and immediately flashed it with 4.5 (it was so easy thanks!).

The problem is my video goes black ever 10 to 15 seconds. I saw only one other person on this thread has the same issue. This is my first time in a linux environment so I don't understand what a lot of the terminal commands do or how to fix this issue.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
        RKM MK802 IV Stick (RK3188T 2G/8G)

Comment

I forgot to say that my MK808 is a RK3066 powered.
          This is the log of my tries to install picuntu 4.5
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d'écran 2014-03-18 18.59.14.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	433302
          Last edited by patdut; 03-18-2014, 18:15.

Comment

Originally posted by milkboy View Post
            manage to flash it by changing the bootloader from Neomode Custom Rom Version 1.0, bootloader v1.24
            is anyone else getting this error
            Hello Milkboy, maybe I have the same problem with my device. See my last posts.

Comment

my MK808 is a RK3066
              I think this is the problem!
              You try to use the
              1. bootloader for the rk3188 (because of this, you get the timeout (can not work with rk3066))
              2. rk3188-kernel at the rk3066 (this will be the next problem if you skip the first problem)
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

But where I can find the rights bootloaders, kernel and so on. On the picuntu site the links on the previous versions are dead.
                And I thought that the modules were standradised for rokchips cpus.

Comment

Or at least does anyone know whether Tronsmart mk908II is working or not with picuntu 4.5?

Thank you!

Originally posted by nagper View Post
                  Has anyone successfully installed picuntu 4.5 on Tronsmart mk908II?

Thanks

Comment

But where I can find the rights bootloaders, kernel and so on. On the picuntu site the links on the previous versions are dead.
                    And I thought that the modules were standradised for rokchips cpus.
                    But one more problem is, that the Linux3188 at the moment does not support HW Acceleration and so I think the 4.5 at the moment is not really helpful with a 3066 Kernel, but at slatedroid there is a thread about Picuntu RC2.2 and upgraded to RC3 including the current partial Mali HW Acceleration support for the mk808...

(and somethink at http://home.g8.net/index.php?start=4)
                    and they also have a 'Ubuntu 12.10 Complete ARM/MK808/RK3066 Desktop Solution'
                    http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/77977-ubuntu-1210-complete-armmk808rk3066-desktop-solution-new-homeio-release-chromiumtrue-flash-gles-goodies-xbmc-easy-setup-and-much-more/

PS: Picuntu 4.5 on MK808 & MK808b - SUCCESS!!
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I still haven't been able to solve the issue with the screen going black every 8 to 12 seconds. Could someone please help me out? Otherwise running linux on my device is pointless.

Thanks

Comment

RAM 1G only??

I install success

but ram just 1G? why not 2G RAM?

root@g8picuntu:~# free -h
                        total used free shared buffers cached
                        Mem: 853M 114M 739M 0B 13M 37M
                        -/+ buffers/cache: 62M 791M
                        Swap: 0B 0B 0B

Comment

I find why my device is 1G.......
                          because this MK809III have 4 ram chip and 256M each
                          CHINA factory ...... what can I say.....

Originally posted by peterpai View Post
                          I install success

but ram just 1G? why not 2G RAM?

root@g8picuntu:~# free -h
                          total used free shared buffers cached
                          Mem: 853M 114M 739M 0B 13M 37M
                          -/+ buffers/cache: 62M 791M
                          Swap: 0B 0B 0B

Comment

Is there any chance this can get repacked with .72+ kernel sources?

Comment

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Originally posted by zero_x12 View Post
                              Is there any chance this can get repacked with .72+ kernel sources?
                              When you're at it, why not .101+ sources?

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Hi there,

I don't expect any sympathy - I tried the ROM on a HX8-C which is a 3188 CS968 clone. I now have a fairly unresponsive device.

What happens is my PC does see the device through USB but the device identifies itself as VID_0000&PID_0002 so windows thinks it is a hub. No idea what is happening on the device side as there is nothing on the screen and the leds are in there usual standby state.

Tried putting a good ROM on an SD card named update.img but no luck there either

Tried shorting pins 7&8 on but the device connects anyway so it didn't make any difference. Device just connects wrong and windows tries to use its own hub drivers.

Any thoughts, tips or words of encouragement greatly received.

**** EDIT ****
                                Got it going - not sure which pins I was shorting in the end but held the pins shorted, press the reset button then released the pins.. tried different pins eventually it work!

no linux though - don't think I'll do that again
                                Last edited by hardlyworthit; 04-07-2014, 16:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X