Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nagper
    replied
    Or at least does anyone know whether Tronsmart mk908II is working or not with picuntu 4.5?

Thank you!

Originally posted by nagper View Post
    Has anyone successfully installed picuntu 4.5 on Tronsmart mk908II?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    But where I can find the rights bootloaders, kernel and so on. On the picuntu site the links on the previous versions are dead.
    And I thought that the modules were standradised for rokchips cpus.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by patdut View Post
    my MK808 is a RK3066
    I think this is the problem!
    You try to use the
    1. bootloader for the rk3188 (because of this, you get the timeout (can not work with rk3066))
    2. rk3188-kernel at the rk3066 (this will be the next problem if you skip the first problem)

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    Originally posted by milkboy View Post
    manage to flash it by changing the bootloader from Neomode Custom Rom Version 1.0, bootloader v1.24
    is anyone else getting this error
    Hello Milkboy, maybe I have the same problem with my device. See my last posts.

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    I forgot to say that my MK808 is a RK3066 powered.
    This is the log of my tries to install picuntu 4.5
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d'écran 2014-03-18 18.59.14.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	433302
    Last edited by patdut; 03-18-2014, 18:15.

Leave a comment:

• zero_x12
    replied
    Blinking Video on MK802IV

So I just got my brand new MK802IV and immediately flashed it with 4.5 (it was so easy thanks!).

The problem is my video goes black ever 10 to 15 seconds. I saw only one other person on this thread has the same issue. This is my first time in a linux environment so I don't understand what a lot of the terminal commands do or how to fix this issue.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• enrique66_35
    replied
    Originally posted by patdut View Post
    I just receive a MK808 Tronsmart. I tried to install picuntu 4.5.
    When I connect the device I get the device ready and clear the NAND.
    Then I follow flashing kernel, system and so on.
    There I get a run failed and nothing.

Hopefully the device is not briked and I can flash it with the original firmware.

Can somebody tell me wher I make a mistake or what is wrong ?
    Does anybody experiments such troubles ?

Thanks
    See first post edit of Oct 12th re bootloader issue re MK808IV 16GB model. May also be of help to "mikeme" post 359.

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
    *** EDIT Oct 12th *** Important for MK802IV 16gb owners.

I found out that the Mk802IV 16 gb model used to fail every-time I was trying to flash it. This was observed by other folks too. Thanks to the awesome work by Milkboy, we now have a fix for it.

Very peculiarly the 16GB model fails to flash, if you are using the Rockchip 1.20 bootloader version, you have to use Rockchip 1.24 bootloader version.

You can find the Rockchip 1.24 bootloader here.

So, after you unzip the PicUntu 4.5 Nand zip file, make sure, you replace the included Rockchip bootloader 1.20 with the 1.24 version, and then flash.

*** Edit End ***

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    Fail to flash picuntu on MK808

I just receive a MK808 Tronsmart. I tried to install picuntu 4.5.
    When I connect the device I get the device ready and clear the NAND.
    Then I follow flashing kernel, system and so on.
    There I get a run failed and nothing.

Hopefully the device is not briked and I can flash it with the original firmware.

Can somebody tell me wher I make a mistake or what is wrong ?
    Does anybody experiments such troubles ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• nagper
    replied
    Tronsmart mk908II

Has anyone successfully installed picuntu 4.5 on Tronsmart mk908II?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mikeme
    replied
    error at the end of installation

Problem install Picuntu on MK902

I started to flash Picuntu, the RkTool has started ok with formating and downloading firmware to my device, but after it finish with the "writing data to Flash..."
    "Checking download data, size (1192174)K, checked (3)k
    ERROR Download file failed
    ERROR Run Failed

I have the same problem when I try to flash Xubuntu. Anyone had this error?
    The device is not brick. I flashed the original firmware for MK902 and it is ok!

Leave a comment:

• Ashik72
    replied
    Hi,

I've a mk918 and just installed picuntu on it. But usb mouse, keyboards are not working. Seems like same problem I faced with Leolas's CWM http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post153381 . Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ashik72; 03-11-2014, 07:11.

Leave a comment:

• BAMBRU
    replied
    Picuntu RC3 upgrade. HOW TO

Hello, I have installed picuntu rc2 in the internal memory of a rk3188 stick with the Picuntu 4.5 nand basicGUI. Everything works great but I would like to upgrade to rc3 with 720p resolution. Now i only have Picuntu on the stick, android is out.
    Please could someone tell me the steps?
    Sorry for my english.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Archi
    replied
    Help me !!

I have KIano Quad 9.7 inch ( Retina ) 2048x1536 yes now i know Picuntu suport resolution to max Full HD.I flash Picuntu all process ok but now screen is black ( lights up but in black ).The device is warm (device is working).Connect the charger (nothing ever displays). I conect Tablet cable USB to my PC ( tablet is not detected ) in windows WTF ??
    I want to go back to android but how ???Help Meee

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    1. Make sure the Firmware tool is remain standby
    2. Connect the Micro USB cable to the computer (but NOT YET to MK802 IV)
    3. Make sure MK802 IV is NOT connected with any cable
    4. Press and hold the reset button on MK802 IV (the reset button inside the air vent located on the side next to MicroSD card slot)
    5. Connect the micro USB to OTG port (not DC) when the reset button is still holding and wait until Windows notify you it is trying to install driver for MK802 IV then you can release the reset button

:
    Sometimes google is really helpful

Leave a comment:

• enrique66_35
    replied
    Originally posted by dwayne91 View Post
    I might be asking a foolish question:
    I would like to flash my RIKO-MK802IV android to Picuntu, but I don't know how to connect the device to my windows laptop in order to flash it.
    Do I have to plug the hdmi port in a TV so I am able to see what's going on and connect it via USB to my laptop?
    Please, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Connect via USB making sure to press the recovery button (usually a little plastic tab on the bottom). Depending on which OS you're using to flash it should show up as rockchip device found to flash in which case proceed to flash per Alok's instructions in first post & included in readme in pack. If not you may need to install driver for rockchip which you can get from any number of android custom roms -check the appropriate forum for your device.

As for the hdmi question, the device will reboot after flash and begin to load so having it in place and connected to tv means you can just disconnect usb and allow this process to happen. If you're not connected to tv then you'll have to power off the device (pull the power cord) once flash is done. It doesn't matter which you do, I personally like to flash in situ but it depends on your setup.
    Last edited by enrique66_35; 02-26-2014, 12:01. Reason: missed step

Leave a comment:

Working...
X