No announcement yet.

Beelink GT1-mini② Amlogic 905X3 4/64 Dual WiFi GIG Lan BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...? Kind of a waste of bandwidth here then, huh?
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
      So...? Kind of a waste of bandwidth here then, huh?
      It is not a waste of bandwidth. The point is to see if it is something incorrectly set up for the box.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
        I would like an overall impression of the device... to buy, not to buy?
        Stability? or glitchy/ buggy?
        Heat, or throttling and reboots?
        Ram efficiency, able to use multiple apps or windows simultaneously?
        Solid running of all google suite, and related programs?
        AV quality, minus the hdr and hdmi issues mentioned above?
        Considerably better than the x2 chips?
        Value, scaled 1 to 10 based on cost and class competitive devices?

​​​​​​... Do you like it, are you satisfied, is it...
        a buyer, or an also ran? - thanks folks!
        Sorry, been watching the NFL football games today........ on my Beelink GT-King Pro.

At this moment, I am running the stock firmware, but I also was running MinixFreak's ATV port, a few days ago.

It is very stable, never had a reboot, guess because the temp is in a reasonable range (that being less that 70c). After playing a UHD video for a short while, the temp was 70c. I normally run the CPUTemp app and set the temp as an overlay, that displays the temp always..., but the overlay doesn't work on this device.

My primary use is a home theater for my own media, and it is perfect for that. All my media plays perfectly, EXCEPT my videos that are encoded with the VC-1 codec, and NONE of the Amlogic boxes will play that codec.

Using Kodi, all my media codecs play perfectly, including the HEVC (4k) codecs, except for that VC-1 codec that I mentioned earlier. The audio is Dolby Digital and DTS, but NOT the HD audio codecs. However, playing the media with VLC, the HD version of DTS does play in HD audio, but ONLY VLC.

What is strange, YouTube only plays in 1080P max........ That is the YouTube app from the Google Play store, did not try a different version.

Here is the video I made showing Minixfreak's ATV port running on this GT1-Mini2.

I would say it is a pretty good device for the price.....

Minixfreak from Freaktab has created an awesome ATV port for the new Beelink GT1-Mini 2. This new Beelink Android TV box is using the newer Amlogic S905X3 S...

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Kool clarkss12 yea, I thought that to be your channel. Interesting to note the 70c, especially with Such Minimal venting nearly non-existent.I like to keep mine below 145f whenever possible . Also the 1080 yt minimum is a bit strange too. This is regardless of the upload quaility, or are sd vids filtered out?
          Have you run Vance yt before. Also a full-size sd card, Seems odd...what do run for on device add storage.
          Go Charger, Go Saints. I'mma Ready for Baseballa already. Ha!

​​​​

Comment

The full size SD card is on the king Pro not this mini 2.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I am waiting for a Minixfreaks new ATV port he will be posting very shortly. For my use case, I prefer the ATV version of Android.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                I am waiting for a Minixfreaks new ATV port he will be posting very shortly. For my use case, I prefer the ATV version of Android.
                Mate..

Any chance you could try the dual apk netflix to see if it can play in HD? This dual apk was posted on the KM9 pro classic thread..

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

Mate..

Any chance you could try the dual apk netflix to see if it can play in HD? This dual apk was posted on the KM9 pro classic thread..

Thanks
                  This dual apk must only work in ATV ROM and full HDCP 2.2 compliant TV ?

Comment

Originally posted by cieciu89 View Post
                    Hi, I have a problem with HDR10+ video files (SMPTE ST 2094) on my GT1-mini2, since my TV propably don't support HDR10+ it should fallback to HDR10 (this happens when i'm using internal player from my TV) but it doesn't work at all on GT1mini2 and presents "washed/grayed" colours, official spec state that this box support HDR10+. All HDR10 videos (SMPTE ST 2086) works well, and by the way, if i open HDR10+ file the HDR feature breaks and my TV isn't triggering HDR mode even for the "normal" HDR10 until i replug HDMI cable/change resolution etc.
                    I'm posting a link to HDR10+ sample so you could try for yourself:
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nz2...U0XBbV1bv/view
                    That is an AMLogic Kernel problem - there is NO HDR10+ support.

HDR10+ is False advertising by Sellers - because as you know they do not test devices property - like everyone else in the budget AMLogic Android market space.​​​​​​

The CorELEC Kodi guys modded their AML Linux Kernel and HDR10+ now falls back properly to playback as HDR10.

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post

It is not a waste of bandwidth. The point is to see if it is something incorrectly set up for the box.
                      As it turns out, problem of ookla speed test not working and catmouse no thumb nail have been resolved using the latest stock ROM version v203p0. I believe it also addresses some problems with other apps.

Comment

Lots of hype on this device. Lots of views on this thread, Lots!
                        Yet other than Clarks, not much activity, ownership, or Dev work?
                        have the Kings sucked all the oxygen from the mini 2 scene?

Comment

No you need look
                          DISCLAIMER: MY ROMs(WORK) CAN NOT BUT USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PROJECTS WITHOUT MY CONSENT. WARNING: GENERIC FOR ME MEANS BASED ON AML REFERENCE DESIGN BOARDS, AS ALWAYS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...! Anyway, one more rom/fw for you all! And many thks to trebor for be my beta tester ;) Build from Latest source, all changes done in

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hi, can someone try if PS4 remote play work in this box? thx

Comment

Working...
                            X