X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porkie
    replied
    Originally posted by raruba View Post

Yeah but the front display doesn't work.
    2 post back you said you had zero problems with the custom rom after I said all the cutsom roms were garbage, but now you're saying its a problem that the display does not work.Like I said before, custom roms for the x88 king are usless, and the only solution is for them to release a stock update with fixes.

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by XVortex View Post
    Exact post url.

Yea. SC firmware is great.

Enjoy.
    Yeah but the front display doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• XVortex
    replied
    Exact post url.

Yea. SC firmware is great.

Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• arel
    replied

I agree, the Clock doesn't even work....you can't even tell if the BOX is ON or OFF.
    In my case I have to disagree...the custom Android TV firmware (android Tv based) from some russian people runs GREAT ! (3. link SUPERCELERON was mentioned there)

HDMI and X88King remote were working out of the box.

Hint:
    In my case I did take care for burning with AmlogiC_USB_Burning tool, because of some rumours that HDMI could be destroyed while burning if wrong voltage/ampere were on OTA USB Port ?. I Especially AFTER 100% burning were done you should REMOVE the USB connection to your PC and AFTERWARDS you close the USB_burning Application.

third Link (Superceleron) is the one I´m using as a dayly driver now and i´m happy with it !!! (Kodi with special Netflix skin, xbox streaming and ATV :-)

Thanks to this russian guy :-). The box is no longer useless for me. Would prefer to get a dtb to get it running Linux (Armbian from balbes) , but this is something else...

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by Porkie View Post

Just look back over the last few pages, cause I tried to warn people about this box and even said 2 months ago that the only thing that will help this box is a stock firmware that has all the fixes. They can make all the custom firmware they want, but until a stock firwmware is release that has fixed all of our issue, all custom roms will be worthless. I admit I made the mistake of buying this box, but as of now I only see couple uses for it, an emulation device or just a device to play around with, but its not a daily use device. Well you could use it daily, but its just gonna cause aggrevation.
    My stock firmware runs great, I'm running OTA 1-13-2020....no problems what so ever so far for what I run.

Leave a comment:

• Porkie
    replied

I agree, the Clock doesn't even work....you can't even tell if the BOX is ON or OFF.
    Just look back over the last few pages, cause I tried to warn people about this box and even said 2 months ago that the only thing that will help this box is a stock firmware that has all the fixes. They can make all the custom firmware they want, but until a stock firwmware is release that has fixed all of our issue, all custom roms will be worthless. I admit I made the mistake of buying this box, but as of now I only see couple uses for it, an emulation device or just a device to play around with, but its not a daily use device. Well you could use it daily, but its just gonna cause aggrevation.

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by Porkie View Post

Not good news, just another garbage custom rom. The only good news for this device would be if there was a fixed stock rom. These custom roms are not worth installing.

Leave a comment:

• Porkie
    replied
    Not good news, just another garbage custom rom. The only good news for this device would be if there was a fixed stock rom. These custom roms are not worth installing.

Leave a comment:

• tedeg
    replied
    hello,
    good news this is on 4pda russian site two custom firmares based gtking and sasvlad roms.

Friendly teddy

Leave a comment:

• tedeg
    replied
    hello , this is two custom firmwares based on gtking and sasvlad.

https://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https%3A...w3X&e=94956922

https://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https%3A...Fn2&e=94956922

Friendly Teddy

Leave a comment:

• artpaw
    replied

of course you found a workaround but for an ordinary man box is still an underdeveloped system and I personally don't even turn it on

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Was messing with my bluetooth gamepad and came across a googleplay link to an app called "gamepad game links" basicallly this app links all the gamepad compatible games (or tries to).

So far I have played at least 10 games that are gamepad compatible only one shadow fight 3 failed to work.

The thing is that it asks you where you would like to install it from, so if you choose the google playstore of course it will most likely fail with a "device is not compatible" but if you choose the aurora playstore it will generally install without any trouble.

Finding work-arounds for all the problems the box has is annoying but at least I didn't completely lose my money on the box it does a decent job of playing videos and now with this I can get closer to a gaming center I wanted it for.

BTW still no updates to fix google play compatibility and it seems no further updates from the manufacturer.

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Video Apps I know that work with the x88 king: (Some I had to down load from my phone)

Disney+
    Fios TV
    Pluto TV (Leanback version)
    Prime Video
    Hulu
    Crunchyroll
    Cartoon NetworK
    HBO Go
    Showtime Anywhere
    BBC America
    SyFY
    The CW
    CW Seed
    FXNow
    FF (Freeform app)
    AMC
    TNT
    TBS
    Sony Crackle (Must say sony crackle - kinda buggy)
    KODI 18.5
    #Animania
    TUBI
    XUMO
    FilmOn TV
    Youtube
    Videomix

Alt Playstores:

Amazon Playstore
    Upanddown Playstore
    F-Droid
    Aurora Playstore
    Aptoide

Games that work (Mostly installed through amazon playstore):
    Hearthstone
    Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Run
    Angry Bird Space
    Fruit Cutter
    MS Solitaire
    Star Trek
    Diggy Adventrure
    Unroll Me
    Smash Hit

There are others but those I have tested.

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Originally posted by artpaw View Post
    I installed the lucky patcher but I don't know what to do next? could you explain it to me somehow?

someone will tell you how to do it? https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/

I tried to embrace this Google Play update myself but it turned out that only 13% did it and I still can't update netflix, Kodi etc.
    Lucky patcher lets you install it by going to the leftmost icon on the bottom bar and clicking it. Once you download the APK from apk mirror or another website, you can install it as a system service with it. (Must select install as system service.) Make sure you download the playstore from a good website.

The thing is even if you update the playstore this way the device itself is not recognized by google play. So it sees the device as unsecure and also as far as I can tell there is no way to make it work properly.

I have been using aptoide, amazon playstore, upanddown playstore, aurora playstore, with limited success since many apps still won't update properly or install properly.

One trick that I have done is just download the apps I want to use on my cell phone (an LG) and then use split apk installer to grab the app and bring it over to the device. Not all apps need to be split but many seem to require it. (Disney+ seemed to require it.)

Leave a comment:

• artpaw
    replied

I installed the lucky patcher but I don't know what to do next? could you explain it to me somehow?

someone will tell you how to do it? https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/

I tried to embrace this Google Play update myself but it turned out that only 13% did it and I still can't update netflix, Kodi etc.
    Last edited by artpaw; 02-29-2020, 22:31.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X