New firmware android 9.0 for Amlogic S905x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minonano View Post

sagert , I have used this daivietpda rom and rooted as per instructions and works great on my Minim8sII, wifi, remote, except Bluetooth. Tried to copy files from the working BT rom and added to the Daivietpda rom in these locations, vendor/etc/bluetooth and sytem/etc/bluetooth, still cannot get the BT to work? Any idea how todo it or a good instructions? Thanks for your help
    @minonano, did u install davietpda v6 TX5 or TX5 pro? did the remote, WiFi work out of the box or u had to fiddle somehow, pls share details. Is the toothpick method to get to recovery still working? Did u notice any feature/ performance improvements from Android 6/7 to 9?
    Thanks

Comment

just4survey1 , yes I did install them both, but for different boxes, if you read ealier you would note that the pro is for 2GB while the other is for 1GB ram, so which one is yours and which chip is your Wifi??? And yes in my opinion ATV9 is much faster than 7.

Comment

just4survey1 , yes I did install them both, but for different boxes, if you read ealier you would note that the pro is for 2GB while the other is for 1GB ram, so which one is yours and which chip is your Wifi??? And yes in my opinion ATV9 is much faster than 7.
        That's cool. I've got a 2gb ram, ap6212 wifi, so think TX5 is suited. What about the toothpick method and detectability in flashing tool after installing davietpda?

Comment

Detectability is not a problem, but I am not sure about your wifi as mine is a Minim8SII with ap6212A, good luck, Also a side note it is all in Vietnamese you must switch it to english.

Comment

Detectability is not a problem, but I am not sure about your wifi as mine is a Minim8SII with ap6212A, good luck, Also a side note it is all in Vietnamese you must switch it to english.
            Sure mate. Thanks

Comment

I had some lags in NetFlix with this daivietpda rom (v6). Overall, its good :-D

Originally posted by just4survey1 View Post

Sure mate. Thanks

Comment

sagert please reply to post #330, thanks

Comment

sagert please reply to post #330, thanks
                  A Bluetooth adapter is advised.

If you can ,you can make the firmware yourself and the kernel with Bluetooth support.All the documentation about this is here on the khadas site.Khadas vim1 it's on s905x processor.Unfortunately Bluetooth is not installed on my x96 box.

Comment

sagert thanks I will try it.

Comment

sagert thanks I will try it.
                      You can edit dtb.Maybe you will be able to launch Bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

You can edit dtb.Maybe you will be able to launch Bluetooth.
                        Any instructions how?,, Thanks ?

Comment

Any instructions how?,, Thanks ?
                          It is necessary to edit dtb.It is necessary to convert dtb to dts.Open DTS witch Notepad++ and edit it.After convert DTS to dtb.Rename dtb to _aml_dtb.PARTITION and paste it into the firmware.It is necessary to find the firmware where the Bluetooth worked and open _aml_dtb.PARTITION from there.And in it you can see how the Bluetooth setting are spelled out.And transfer these settings to a new dtb.How to convert dtb can be found on google.

Comment

sagert , thanks for the help. I was hoping to simply copy the files from the stock rom( Bluetooth working but not ATV ) to Daivietpda tx5pro (ATV9 but no bluetooth), from vendor/etc/bluetooth. But bluetooth did not work, too bad that would have been much more simple.

Comment

You also need to unpack boot and recovery and insert the new dtb into boot and recovery.This can be done using the AIK from osmosis XDA.There the boot.img-second file changes to dtb in the boot file.There the recovery.img-second file on dtb changes to recovery.I hope you figure it out.Then insert these 3 new files _amp_dtb.PARTITION , boot.PARTITION , recovery.PARTITION into the new firmware and make it.And sew it.It's certainly difficult.

Comment

sagert , thanks for the help. I was hoping to simply copy the files from the stock rom( Bluetooth working but not ATV ) to Daivietpda tx5pro (ATV9 but no bluetooth), from vendor/etc/bluetooth. But bluetooth did not work, too bad that would have been much more simple.
                                There are no easy ways.Forget it.It's complicated.

Comment

Working...
                                X