Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trebor
    replied
    And this is how you do incase you don't know

Leave a comment:

• andyd1970
    replied

HDR error fixing software
    OTA

Last edited by andyd1970; 04-02-2021, 07:57.

Leave a comment:

• bergamesk
    replied
    Hi guys

-My TV is Philips 50"/8505 and there is no any HDR on/off or similar menu to act this

because of such as if HDR video signal comes thru ext.device(Box/PC etc.,)than TV auto recognize it this signal

-Philips does not have any "HDR menu" on/off!!

-I'v 2 other BOX too(A95X3 and X96H) and there is no any HDR signal problem like this

well,at least Mecool should be add a HDR menu and it will be "selectable"

++

Ethernet and 5GHz Internet speed very good BUT 2.4GHz worst ever!

++

Again response to Jancales;my remote does it work properly no pairing issue and no on/off(deep-sleep)issue too

As I told you with these issues and some of others too.... I do not like this Box and sold it to my friend(even he satisfy with this box!)

++

Now I'm looking the new RK3566 devices but seems that these are very newly devices out of stock right now!
    I'll check Banggood,Ali etc., its not ready to ship and they are ready within 15days and more

Therefore I'v already ordered a new Box from Banggood;its was A95X F4>>>(with new chip 905X4)but today they were cancelled my order
    where this item not to ready before April3rd(as they have stated the shipment date;before April 2
    so I'v cancel this order

Keep in mind;"A95X" has very good firmware support by OTA! my recent box 905X3 got 3 or 4 f/w OTA update within 1 year!
    But I do not know who is the producer of this Box??

A95X F4 is still my order list too and might be its ready next month

Also HK1 RBOX and H96 MAX these are new RK3566 chipset and with GPU G-52!!

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Problem with Forced-HDR can sometimes be fixed if your TV has Color Space settings, so somewhere in the TV's built-in settings switching the color space from RGB to YCbCr if it is available.

Of course, best solution is for Mecool to release an updated ROM with a software fix.
    My understanding is that they already have a fix, and that with that fix the WIFI and boot issues came.

bergamesk are you sure you completely power off, by long press the power button, then select power off?

To get it out of sleep is no problem here, but the Bluetooth remote also has to be paired again frequently

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
    BUT I'v another problem with device "HDR" work
    for example if you have connected this device to your "UHD-TV" then device send HDR video signal only!!!

And there is no any HDR ON/OFF menu so you cant cancel this HDR signal!
    if you wanna watch such as from YTube a HDR video its OK no problem because HDR auto+TV is recognize and opened HDR so no problem
    but if you wanna watch SD&HD,no need HDR signal!

Note;their HDR colour parameters is wrong too!
    Problem with Forced-HDR can sometimes be fixed if your TV has Color Space settings, so somewhere in the TV's built-in settings switching the color space from RGB to YCbCr if it is available.

Of course, best solution is for Mecool to release an updated ROM with a software fix.

Leave a comment:

• bergamesk
    replied
    Hi

Jancales my f/w is 20201026 and has no any 5G connection issue and it works fine! and no any booting issue with remote operation and also incl.re-start action
    so it does work properly

BUT I'v another problem with device "HDR" work
    for example if you have connected this device to your "UHD-TV" then device send HDR video signal only!!!

And there is no any HDR ON/OFF menu so you cant cancel this HDR signal!
    if you wanna watch such as from YTube a HDR video its OK no problem because HDR auto+TV is recognize and opened HDR so no problem
    but if you wanna watch SD&HD,no need HDR signal!

Note;their HDR colour parameters is wrong too!

And finally I have already sold out this box! I do not satisfy at all

Only one stuff I like it;905X4 really fast and stable! as same/similar 922 and way better then 905X3

Hope their OTA system will work and give a BUG fix f/w in soon

Bye++
    Last edited by bergamesk; 04-01-2021, 19:28.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle222 View Post
    Box specs look good. But the wood grain has got to go..... it reminds me wagon from national lampoon's vacation
    Wood grain is the least of your worries.

If you have one with the 20201026 firmware, chances are that your box doesn't see the 5G wifi and can't be booted with the remote when fully powered off ( long press power button and select power off).

I have one of those, and I see reports of other with the same issues. Mecool confirmed it's a bug, but not sure if it affects all boxes.

Maybe check yours and report back if possible

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Box specs look good. But the wood grain has got to go..... it reminds me wagon from national lampoon's vacation

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

The firmware would always show HDR 10 every time I played a movie. They removed that false indication, it now only shows when an HDR video is being played....
    Thanks, can you tell me what the version of your firmware is, so I can double check if the one I have is older or the same.

I emailed me Mecool, and they said my issue was a know fact, and they would have an update in a few days, but they didn't say how many days is a few lol

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post

What was the reason you received the updated firmware from Mecool, what issues did you have?
    The firmware would always show HDR 10 every time I played a movie. They removed that false indication, it now only shows when an HDR video is being played....

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied

I used the long press method. I also set it to shut down under settings. I normally let it run all the time.......
    What was the reason you received the updated firmware from Mecool, what issues did you have?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied

Do you power off by long press the power button and select power off, and not just put it to sleep by short press power button?

The bluetooth issue seems to be fixed in the meantime. I did unpair the remote and pair again, and now it works from in the next room. Still can't power up, but I can get it out of "sleep".

Could you please forward the firmware to me?
    I used the long press method. I also set it to shut down under settings. I normally let it run all the time.......

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied

Just tested my KM6 Deluxe and don't have this issue. When I power OFF the device, the light in front turns "orange". I do have to get close to turn it back on, since I have physical obstructions in front of the box.

Edit: I am running an updated firmware that Mecool emailed me 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    Do you power off by long press the power button and select power off, and not just put it to sleep by short press power button?

The bluetooth issue seems to be fixed in the meantime. I did unpair the remote and pair again, and now it works from in the next room. Still can't power up, but I can get it out of "sleep".

Could you please forward the firmware to me?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    When powering off the KM6, long press power button and select power off, I can't power up with the remote.

Anyone can confirm this is normal behaviour, or something wrong with my box?
    Just tested my KM6 Deluxe and don't have this issue. When I power OFF the device, the light in front turns "orange". I do have to get close to turn it back on, since I have physical obstructions in front of the box.

Edit: I am running an updated firmware that Mecool emailed me 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Probably the ir receiver in the box is not properly aligned to its window, or the remote ir transmitter is not aligned to its window. Yes, you can send it back, but if you are like a techy, there is noting that won't stop you in opening them up to discover for your self. Hehehehehehe!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X