Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X92-2GB
    replied
    I had a wee bit of time and modded my KM6 Deluxe. Did not have time to post pictures, mostly was ate up by measuring and making what I had available work for stable cooling.

I do have plans early next year to modify the box for dual external antennas. A warranty thing.

For reference, I used the thick metal wedge heat sink from my old and fried MS8 Pro Mini. It was an odd duck for cooling, but dense enough to zap heat quite well. I had to cut off about 9mm to fit on top of the cpu, and across the ram. Used paste to allow for better cooling than white thermal silicone adhesive which was used originally. Never liked it, and the think wafer heat sink, was not what I recommend in keeping.

since there was enough room for more heat sink, and I needed to compress the modified steel plate heat sink to keep it snug against the CPU until the adhesive cured, I used an old GPU cooling kit, since the self sticking RAM heat sinks were just the right height, for fit once the pcb was mounted. I only had 3 of the 8 left from various other uses. Just using the top heat sink mods was a doubling the weight of the stock box with its steel bottom cover.

As for the bottom heat sink addition... the cooling pad was adjusted closer to the bottom the the CPU, as it only touches the open area of grounding plane of the PCB. Most devices that have limited open area cooling, use the grounding plane as a heat sink source. The pad helps dissipate heat from the PCB, more than direct contact with the heat generating component.

After some testing, the box is noticeably warmer on top. Mostly because the additional GPU RAM heat sinks are snug against the top cover plastic. The stamped steel bottom cover is noticeably cooler now. So it is indicative to the cooling mods done on top are working better than the bottom cover alone. Haven't used a temperature meter, but I think by touch, it's running about 50° steadily with load. I tried a few apps, but none were able to show thermal readings. I think our boxes, don't have temperature sensors.

Any way, I do believe the limited space in the enclosure requires such a mod for heavy gaming. I believe the box will throttle more often without the heat sink mod. Once there is a utility that can properly test the new X4 chip, we will have to wait on benchmarks on GPU and RAM endurance tests.

Leave a comment:

• Funkoyote
    replied
    Originally posted by dfinikis View Post

Hi Funkoyote,

have you managed to login to your Apple TV account , using this apk on your Mecool KM6 deluxe?

//dfinikis
    Yes, I have been able to enter my account and I am playing the contents without problem

Leave a comment:

• dfinikis
    replied
    Originally posted by Funkoyote View Post
    I confirm that the Apple TV + apk that they have presented these days for the Chromecast with Google TV is perfectly compatible with this KM6. https://apkcombo.com/es-es/apple-tv/...oidtv.appletv/
    Hi Funkoyote,

have you managed to login to your Apple TV account , using this apk on your Mecool KM6 deluxe?

//dfinikis

Leave a comment:

• dfinikis
    replied
    Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

Hi Have you installed? Is it a direct install?
    Yes I have installed it, and it works perfectly on my tvbox *Me - Cool"..

//dfinikis.

Leave a comment:

• Hideiyoshi
    replied
    Originally posted by dfinikis View Post

Works. You are simply the best,
    Hi Have you installed? Is it a direct install?

Leave a comment:

• Funkoyote
    replied
    I confirm that the Apple TV + apk that they have presented these days for the Chromecast with Google TV is perfectly compatible with this KM6. https://apkcombo.com/es-es/apple-tv/...oidtv.appletv/

Leave a comment:

• dfinikis
    replied
    Works. You are simply the best,

Leave a comment:

• zzz111
    replied
    Disassembly and CPU temperature

Leave a comment:

• zzz111
    replied
    Qualitative review

Leave a comment:

• sagert
    replied
    Originally posted by yougz View Post

Is there another link for the APK? This one no longer seems to work ...

Leave a comment:

• yougz
    replied
    Originally posted by sagert View Post
    Is there another link for the APK? This one no longer seems to work ...

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Is the HDR issue, the tv? I calibrated my TV using HD specs. I had to use service mode, and adjust defaults to WideYPbPr.
    TVs usually default to RGB, which messes with HD colour space.

Leave a comment:

• yougz
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Check your TV's internal settings, my TV has an HDR setting per HDMI input, have to enable UHD/HDR (my other TV has to activate HDMI-2.0 per input) on the specific input that your Amlogic device is connected and then the TV will force correct SDR-to-HDR to correct the colors that the box is modifying incorrectly. My specific UHD-TV is from 2019 and the TV registers HDR always-On because that is what the device says it is transmitting to the TV but the TV's processor recognizes the incorrect color transmission and corrects it, but older TV's may not be able to fix the problem.
    My tv is a little over 2 years old.

The only setting I have on it that looks like it is HDMI 2.0 but even turning it off it doesn't change anything.

The new Chromecast has the automatic HDR switch.

I tried the Mecool KM1 and indeed on my tv the Mecool KM1 has a nice image unlike the KM6.

I don't understand why they let this go, especially since it is a problem that is known now. Many users complained that the Tivo Stream 4K could not work properly on their TV ..........

Leave a comment:

• Hideiyoshi
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    This Mecool KM6 Deluxe has a new interface today. Turned it on yesterday and this is what I saw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Android OS 2021021.png
Views:	1755
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	820401

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20210213-132946.png Views:	0 Size:	270.8 KB ID:	820399
    Home is even more beautiful isn't it? I think it's from the latest Google Home update

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    This Mecool KM6 Deluxe has a new interface today. Turned it on yesterday and this is what I saw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Android OS 2021021.png
Views:	1755
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	820401

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210213-132946.png Views:	0 Size:	270.8 KB ID:	820399

Leave a comment:

Working...
X