Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funkoyote
    replied
    Originally posted by sagert View Post
    Thank you very much, in my case, since I do not have a Netflix account, and I also have the application integrated into my TV, I will not be able to check if this application is, as they say in this Russian forum, completely reliable and functional. I am waiting for the next launch of the Apple TV + app for Android TV

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Originally posted by Funkoyote View Post
    I've been using this new KM6 Deluxe device for a week and I'm delighted, it works great and I have no complaints. I have changed the launcher for the new Chromecast with the new Google TV interface and it works very well. As for the absence of Netflix certification, it is the only downside of this device, but in my personal case it is not important. However, yesterday I found in a Russian forum a version specially modified for the KM6, of Netflix for Android TV with support of high definition up to 4K. They say that it is perfectly functional, but I have not been able to download it because for me it is impossible to register in that forum due to a captcha in Cyrillic that I cannot overcome. This is the link: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...st&p=103876933
    Ok, I had time to install LauncherX. Unfortunately it don't play well on my KM6 Deluxe box. One it randomly disconnects remote entry to move around and select items. Two, the main search page, has issues with the updated highlights and info ticker. It scrolls endlessly at a high rate of speed. Would cause epileptic convulsions. Three, the dreaded factory reset endless loop, for just moving about in the screens. I cannot recommend LauncherX on these boxes until an update or root has been achived to logcat and correct with tweaking build.prop or adding Google TV system apps. As far as I am concerned, it's a bunch of unknowns using it permanently.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Thanks, I downloaded it from your link and will test it on my KM6 Deluxe, that I received yesterday.
    I ended up creating an account... bloody hell! Though it's like a video game. Part Sudoku part ASCII Rogue. My cheat sheet on creating a 4pda account, doing the Russian spelt out numbers. Keep clicking in the box of written Cyrillic text. Until you note that the text is much shorter than normal. Usually it will be some number in the thousands. The last number is just a single digit number. Once you figure out the first number, the final one is easy. Not all codes are in 4 segments, as they can be either done 3 or 2. I have found codes like 1004, 9002 and 8007.

as for the Netflix app. It runs perfect on my Deluxe box. Though we have basic plan. We spent all our money in Prime Video, Sling, DTV OTA box, fiber internet connex, and the Deluxe box. Eventually we will get around upgrading to HD service on Netflix.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by sagert View Post
    Thanks, I downloaded it from your link and will test it on my KM6 Deluxe, that I received yesterday.

Edit: Absolutely amazing. It plays in HDR with DD+ audio. It also changes the frame rate to match the video......
    Last edited by clarkss12; 02-04-2021, 14:35.

Leave a comment:

• sagert
    replied
    I've been using this new KM6 Deluxe device for a week and I'm delighted, it works great and I have no complaints. I have changed the launcher for the new Chromecast with the new Google TV interface and it works very well. As for the absence of Netflix certification, it is the only downside of this device, but in my personal case it is not important. However, yesterday I found in a Russian forum a version specially modified for the KM6, of Netflix for Android TV with support of high definition up to 4K. They say that it is perfectly functional, but I have not been able to download it because for me it is impossible to register in that forum due to a captcha in Cyrillic that I cannot overcome. This is the link: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...st&p=103876933

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2021, 21:23.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Hi, thanks for the info, and link. I think my old forum login may still work on 4pda.ru, and will give it a try. You could contact or post a question about the restriction in the pie for s912 thread. I think one of the active members may send you a link on obtaining it.

yep, not a problem with this box out of the box, but wee tweaks for my taste is what I have done. I may try the launcher X, with this box. Though TV launcher seems to do what I need for now. Maybe when I am bored and want to tweak I try out launcher X. Being I will have to setup my shortcuts and what not.

So far the best box I have seen for the price.

Leave a comment:

• Funkoyote
    replied

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    I just checked, my box is in preship from Chicago. It's a matter of a few days. I never had anything shipped free from China that was this fast. Ordered it on the 19th. I guess they want more reviews. Ha!

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    Every ones a critic. ? Seemed like honest review not much better then the 9053x but seems becoming more stable as they get new soc. The fact that it's Google certified is a bonus as many not. I need to check one of these out.

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    Ha! You found the article. It's one of them part techie, and part is this guy for real. Probably the worst review I ever read on new tech. But a good laugh.

the previous picture to the one showing the main board out of the box, show how much room there is at the side where no ports are. You could probably add hardware, if your capable. Also I grubbed info from a few sites, that are specific to options. I guess it's a manufacturers region opton, based on the S905x4 architecture's capabitlies.

Here are the options that can be emplemented. May be an option for developers to make module patches later, when more hardware using the x4 chip is released using such options. TCH Prime, HDR Technicolor, Irdeto, MSR2.2, Niagra TKL, and Verimatrix

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
    ...The box has plenty of room for connectors...

...Under the moto, don’t turn it on, take it apart. I opened the box to see its internals. There were 4 screws to undo under its rubber feet. It comes with a metal plate on the bottom which has a thermal pad making contact to the underside of the board... full review [CNX-Software]

...Now i would like to talk about the main differences between Mecool KM6 Deluxe and Mecool KM6 Classic. The last variant, namely Classic, comes in a black plastic box. This time the plastic is quite budgetary and the device does not look ads luxurios as the Deluxe modification... full review, .ru translated [CentrParts]
    Specifications:
    OS Android 10.0 ATV
    CPU Amlogic S905X4 Quad Core ARM Cortex-A55
    GPU Mail-G31 MP2
    RAM 2GB/4GB(Optional)
    ROM 16GB/64GB (Optional)
    4GB/64GB Built in 2T2R 2.4G/5GWiFi 6
    Support IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
    BT
    2GB/16GB Built in 2.4G/5G WiFi (not WiFi 6), Support
    IEEE 802.11a/b/g/ ,BT
    2GB/16GB Ethernet 100M Ethernet
    4GB/64GB Ethernet 1000M Ethernet
    LED Indicator the standby mode is red,the working mode is blue
    Certified Google Certified
    DRM Support microsoft playready, google
    widevine L1
    HDCP Support HDCP2.2
    HDR HDR10+, HDR10, HLG and Technicolor HDR processing
    Language English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese,
    Japanese, etc.24 languages
    Video decorder hardware decoders-AV1
    [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@60fps
    - VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
    - H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@75fps
    - AVS2-P2 Profile up to 4Kx2K@60fps
    - H.264 AVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@30fps
    - MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
    - WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
    - AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
    - MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
    - MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
    - RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
    Video encorder Video/Picture Encoding
    - Independent JPEG and H.264 encoder with configurable performance/bit-rate
    - JPEG image encoding
    - H.265/H.264 video encoding up to 1080P@60fps with low latency
    3D Graphics Mail-G31 MP2 GPU
    - 4-wide warps, dual texture pipe, 2x
    4-wide execution engines (EE)
    - Concurrent multi-core processing
    - OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1 and OpenCL
    2.0 support
    [MECOOL Offical store]

Leave a comment:

• X92-2GB
    replied
    There was a new page made from some guy who got to test a prerelease km6 deluxe box. His review sucked, but he did open it up. Easy peasy to dump the cheap dual internal antenna setup and go with external. The box has plenty of room for connectors. Will end up doing that after my 1 year warranty is up. And paint that white box, black or use wood grain vinyl sticky sheet and cover it as a wood block. Ha! Just my luck someone would grab it and use it as a door stop or table leg leveler. The hardware is pretty decent for at least 5 years. And is second in speed to a Beelink GT1, just above 101000 on the bench mark. As for 64 bit os, I can wait... by the time all boxes will have 11 or 12, there will be a port for the box, which will make it live in a 64 bit world.

Leave a comment:

• Leoben
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Bit of a YT review:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X