MXQ_RK3229_EMCP_V.4.0 Badly need help :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ_RK3229_EMCP_V.4.0 Badly need help :(

Good day guys! Is there someone by any chance know this kind of box i recently mess. My MxQ TV box suddenly shutdown and stuck on the bootanimation, So I'd try to flash a firmware i got on youtube and flash to the box, it was then a successful flashing but unfortunately it not boot up endingin brick tvbox, it doesn't even detected now in my computer, may i just ask for assistance if do you know this kind of chipset and is there a possible way to bring it back to life. for references i woulf be attaching photos. thank you in advance. and keep safe always.

here are the photos i dont know how to post photos

Comment

Up

Comment

Short Ground and Clock Pin to bring it in the Maskrom mode and ask the seller for the correct firmware. Or you can prepare an SD card through SDDiskTool_v1.62 with the correct firmware on it and then run the RKDevTool_Release_2.79 with the SD card inserted in the board. Do not flash any random firmware. RKDevTool_Release_2.79 will show "found one loader device". Then you can flash the firmware. You can download these both applications from Rockchip Github. Flash only rk3229 firmware. There are also rk3228 firmware but they will brick your device and you will get unrecoverable "prepare IDB Fail error".

Comment

Originally posted by dtkoywaf View Post
          Short Ground and Clock Pin to bring it in the Maskrom mode and ask the seller for the correct firmware. Or you can prepare an SD card through SDDiskTool_v1.62 with the correct firmware on it and then run the RKDevTool_Release_2.79 with the SD card inserted in the board. Do not flash any random firmware. RKDevTool_Release_2.79 will show "found one loader device". Then you can flash the firmware. You can download these both applications from Rockchip Github. Flash only rk3229 firmware. There are also rk3228 firmware but they will brick your device and you will get unrecoverable "prepare IDB Fail error".
          Oh thanks for your response bro, but im so sorry i dont have any idea where was the ground and clock ip located, it would be highly appreciated if you download my photo and put some indicators where was it located, and kindly reupload it on img.bb i really need your help bro. thnx.

Comment

I do not see any Clock and Ground connections in the pictures you posted, maybe you should take pictures of the back of the board so that I could have some idea.

Comment

First image

To the right of CPU 3228A is Micron eMMc JWA60/5LA98 / contact points ....

To the right of CPU and lower/centered between USB Ports looks like
              GND
              RX
              TX
              Vcc
              For serial/U-art communication maybe

Second image

ESP 8089= wifi Soc

An image of Backside may help

You will need original Factory Firmware for best chance at recovery
              Pay attention to EMCP listed in your title
              Sorce that Firmware

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
                First image

To the right of CPU 3228A is Micron eMMc JWA60/5LA98 / contact points ....

To the right of CPU and lower/centered between USB Ports looks like
                GND
                RX
                TX
                Vcc
                For serial/U-art communication maybe

Second image

ESP 8089= wifi Soc

An image of Backside may help

You will need original Factory Firmware for best chance at recovery
                Pay attention to EMCP listed in your title
                Sorce that Firmware

Happy Testing
                Thanks for all of the information bro, thats noted!

Comment

I do not see any Clock and Ground connections in the pictures you posted, maybe you should take pictures of the back of the board so that I could have some idea.
                  https://ibb.co/Ybb6q2F https://ibb.co/Y7Hc1G5

here bro, thanks for your time

Comment

short it with a wire to the adjoining USB port on the board, do not connect the power source to the board while shorting any pins on the board. try this pin. short this pin while connecting the USB cable. The safest way is to create a bootable SD card or USB flash drive. https://ibb.co/tZnrj71

Comment

short it with a wire to the adjoining USB port on the board, do not connect the power source to the board while shorting any pins on the board. try this pin. short this pin while connecting the USB cable. The safest way is to create a bootable SD card or USB flash drive. https://ibb.co/tZnrj71
                      bro flashing firmware through bootable Drive won't work for me right now, I guess, the device does not show recovery mode or anything on screen, it just lits up when plug in to usb or power cable, ill try to short it out, btw thank you for your help. your great

Comment

UPDATE! dtkoywaf thanks for your help man, I successfully flash a custom firmware, unfortunately the wifi is not working, but it is ok rather than a device not working. https://ibb.co/4gfBHMP I don't have a soldering iron. Lol.

Comment

bom dia! estou com essa masma placa brickado já tentei fazer estes procedimentos e não da sinal de vida. onde posso encontrar a firmware correta se vcs poderem me ajudar fico grato.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieoring View Post
                            UPDATE! dtkoywaf thanks for your help man, I successfully flash a custom firmware, unfortunately the wifi is not working, but it is ok rather than a device not working. https://ibb.co/4gfBHMP I don't have a soldering iron. Lol.
                            i charlionring can you show to me some pic on board how do you unbrick this box
                            can you write this method by step by step
                            thank so much
                            my box brick led blue only
                            thank so much! please help

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2020-12-19-13-05-34-069-com-miui-gallery.jpg
Views:	1542
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	821577

Comment

Working...