Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88king detecting but not using USB touchscreen, other android 9 devices do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X88king detecting but not using USB touchscreen, other android 9 devices do.

Hi Folks,

I bought an X88king TV box because it seemed to have the most performance with the least cost and had a modern Android 9 rom on it.

I have also purchased a strip LDC touchscreen to use with it. The screen displays fantastically but the touchscreen doesn't work at all on this box. I plugged it into my older Joying car head unit and it works fine so I know android has a kernel driver.
    Anyone know why it isn't working? I'm assuming the details in the image below are basically the output of lsusb which is what I did first.

regards

Frank

I've been trying to show the image but it doesn't seem to work so I shared it in google here:

USB deets

USB deets

Hello,

I guess the Problem is the Rom itself did not have the Drivers inside his Kernel.
    Use ADB to get, access to the Device and then do a dmesg, before and after plugin in the Touch Screen.
    Then Post it here.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Hello,

I guess the Problem is the Rom itself did not have the Drivers inside his Kernel.
      Use ADB to get, access to the Device and then do a dmesg, before and after plugin in the Touch Screen.
      Then Post it here.

Neomode
      Here you go... it seems to use a generic driver on the box which is why I expected it to work... it works on a Joying android 9 head unit after all. :-)

Code:
       [100031.459724] 100031.459724@0] usb 1-1: new full-speed USB device number 17 using xhci-hcd
      [100031.630604] 100031.630604@0] input: ILITEK ILITEK-TP as /devices/platform/ff500000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.1/0003:222A:0001.0023/input/input29
      [100031.706582] 100031.706582@0] hid-generic 0003:222A:0001.0023: input,hiddev0,hidraw3: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [ILITEK ILITEK-TP] on usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1/input1
      hid-generic would be a default mouse driver?

Comment

Yes that's correct he recognized the Screen but wrong Driver.
        Let me check for a different driver.

Neomode

Comment

Neomode
          This might help... My car PX5 unit is running android 8 as it turns out but it works fine with the touchscreen. This is what it returns.

Code:
          [ 217.532955] usb 1-1.4.1: new full-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-platform
          [ 217.619012] usb 1-1.4.1: New USB device found, idVendor=222a, idProduct=0001
          [ 217.619046] usb 1-1.4.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
          [ 217.619067] usb 1-1.4.1: Product: ILITEK-TP
          [ 217.619085] usb 1-1.4.1: Manufacturer: ILITEK

UPDATE: sorry, I missed the important bit.

Code:
           [100031.630604] 100031.630604@0] input: ILITEK ILITEK-TP as /devices/platform/ff500000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.1/0003:222A:0001.0023/input/input29
          [100031.706582] 100031.706582@0] hid-generic 0003:222A:0001.0023: input,hiddev0,hidraw3: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [ILITEK ILITEK-TP] on usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1/input1

USB HID v1.10 Mouse [ILITEK ILITEK-TP]

I know much more about old school linux than android... does insmod rmmod and such work on android? is my only choice to flash a different kernel ?

thanks for your help.

Comment

Neomode
            Interesting discovery sir..

I dug my old setup box out of a cupboard... it's an old H96 Pro+ running Superceleron rom. an old one considering the bugs.. but the touchscreen works fine... so his kernel hasn't had all the drivers stripped out.

Comment

That's true the Driver must be striped out.
              Can you make a dmesg on that Device?
              Then we know what driver he use and I can compile it from Source.

Neomode

Comment

Neomode
                yep... look two posts up. :-)

USB HID v1.10 Mouse [ILITEK ILITEK-TP]

Comment

Neomode
                  I'm curious sir... how do you sign the compiled driver module so that it's acceptable to the kernel?

Comment

Neomode
                    Did you have any luck Mr Neo?

Comment

You must have removed the driver. Go ahead and buy a new phone with latest reviews could be found at google news that will help you in choosing the right phone.
                      ccmgeeks

Comment

how do you sign the compiled driver module so that it's acceptable to the kernel? get-vidmateapp.com
                        mobdro download

Last edited by insanhai7; 07-28-2022, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                        X