Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help Me! RTL8723BS Adapter on RK3229 Based Tv Box. Driver Help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help Me! RTL8723BS Adapter on RK3229 Based Tv Box. Driver Help.

Hello FreakTab members I am glad that you will spare your precious time,

I found here something, but i don’t understand anything this page: Steps to Compile Youling's RTL8723BS Wifi Driver (google.com)

I have an chinese old tv box named r-box 4k.
    Here is the my box’s specs and firmware links a random web site :The new firmware for R-BOX TV Box RK3229 (20160627) Release | AndroidTVBOX

Here are the hardware specs.
    Cpu: Rock-Chip Rk3229
    Ram: 2GB DDR3
    Wifi: RTL8723BS

Stock rom is using android 5.1.1 version and very useless (its the latest rom from manifacturer).

While I was looking for a more up-to-date firmware, I found a android 9 based rom for a tv box called Hk1 Mini. (using the same processor my box)

Here is the link for Hk1 Mini specs and firmware: FIRMWARE: Android 9 for Box HK1 mini with RK3229 SoC (09-19-2019) (androidpctv.com)

I have successfully installed and run the firmware. But unfortunately the wifi is not working.
    I tried many methods but when I type "ifconfig wlan0" on the command line it says "no such device"

I attached this rom’s boot log last_kmsg.txt

If it's strange, (usually wifi adapter is written in tvbox image files) It says SSV6051 as wifi adapter on the rom file. but it says rtl8189es in wifi_chip_type file in sys/firmware/devicetree/base/wireless-wlan/ folder.

I don't know how to build a kernel, so I tried to edit the boot,vendor,system images with notepad++
    First, I unpacked the boot.img file, opened the kernel and second files with notepad++, found 8189es and changed it to rtl8723bs. It also changed in the wifi_chip_type output. but wifi didn't work.

Actually, there are rtl8723bs in the driver sections in system.img, but unfortunately it is not installed automatically, I don't know why. maybe my driver is not supported by android 9. because most roms have rtl8723bs in system.img. or it's related to a line of code in the kernel. I don't know as I'm not a developer.

I made many superficial changes like this, vendor-system-boot, so I tried all kinds of changes in all image files. for example 8723bs.ko file and renaming other files with 8189es ?

What would you suggest me to do about it? Or how can you help? maybe adding a command line, editing the build prop, or anything. I am open to any help.

Thank You All!
    Attached Files
Working...
X