No announcement yet.

JXD Phone Game Pad S5800 RileyROM 1.0 [MTK6582]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not remove the mapping feature, JXD did in the stock version of the firmware.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I did not remove the mapping feature, JXD did in the stock version of the firmware.
      I just downloaded the firmware S5800-01-V1.2-en-20140122 from http://www.jxdofficial.com/firmware and it has the mapper. I downloaded the 1.3 and 1.1 from the link you gave in the first post to test, with the 1.3 i am having the touch issues, now i am testing 1.1

In summary:

Your ROM --> Very good but without mapper and touch working
      S5800-01-V1.2-en-20140122 --> Touch working and mapper included
      S5800-01-V1.3-en-20140220(WM010-10C-V12-JXD) --> Mapper included, touch is crazy
      S5800-01-V1.1-20140117 --> It is the one with the best touch sensitivity

But, even with your rom or stock 1.2 the touch is not very good, it works but it is some pain when trying to hit some keys on the keyboard or trying to move the buttoms layouts (in stock).
      After Testing, the V 1.1 is the one with better touch sensitivity, it is not so bad to move the button layouts, i am gonna stick with this one from now. Could you try to make one with the 1.1 and include the mapper ??? Thanks!
      Last edited by DARKEASC; 09-06-2014, 18:52. Reason: Tested V 1.1

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I kinda wish JXD would issue another update.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Well I must say my device has a hardware problem, suddenly the touchscreen became crazy even in factory mode with touchscreen test is runing crazy, drawing lines without stopping. So my problem was not S.O. related, it was hardware. Do you have any idea about disabling the touchscreen, maybe a flashable zip to do it? How to disconnect it? (idiot mode on) I opened it and stupidly removed the screen belt to disable the touchscreen, but, obviously I could not see anything...(idiot mode off) Any suggestion? I think it could be used with the tincore app mapping one stick with the mouse function, but i need to disable touchscreen in the first place.

Comment

Touchscreen Disabled

If anyone is interested in this, I MANAGED HOW TO DISABLE THE TOUCHSCREEN, after reading and flashing lot of times... Tested with v1.1 and v1.3

I can't guarantee this will work everybody but, at least for me it worked:

I connected it to the pc and ran a shell via adb as follow:

>adb shell

#getevents

then I saw the touchscreen events as "/dev/input/event3" so I just delete it.

#rm /dev/input/event3

#exit

#exit

Now I have no touchscreen. But I could connect a mouse and a keyboard, So it is better than nothing.

Tincore is working, to be honest, i don't know how to use it, but i choose the "PRE:TOUCHMOSUE/HYBRID" and I can use the left stick and A/C buttom to simulate mouse inputs, I noticed while pressing D/B with this configuration it does not works. When Tincore is closed I can manage the system with the DPad and D button.

I think this procedure could work with any other Android device with the touchscreen damaged and crazy.

IMPORTANT NOTES!:

1. The procedure should be done while your device is unlocked,after done, then you can navigate with the pad and open settings to disable lockscreen (No pattern, Pin, etc) otherwise you could not unlock your phone if you don't have an OTG cable and mouse/keyboard in your hands

2. The system creates the file after boot, so what i did is a tasker profile to delete the file after boot

@Riley maybe this info is good for you and you could check better, I just did this procedure after reading this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1875094

Comment

Thanks for the info. Good find.

Sent from my P9
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Hi, I just flashed your rom and backuped the imei with uncle mobile. After the flash I used the restore option from unclemobile, but the imei won't get restored. Can you help me solving that problem? Or is there a way to read the emei from the *.bak file of the uncle mobile backup?

Comment

I'm not sure why it won't restore. That's odd. I'm afraid that's the only way to do it, except for using MTKDroidTool. If you have the numbers, there's a way to flash IMEI that way...if it will work.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I recently purchased a JXD S5800 but I checked it and it is still in Firmware V1.1 and researching I saw that there is a 1.2, 1.2 Riley Rom and 1.7, which one is the best? Has anyone got the Download version 1.7? The Link of JXD Oficial site does not work.
                    Another problem is that I can not start the installation of Firmware in my JXD S5800 because in the part that I remove the battery and connect it in the USB of the PC to start the update it disconnects alone soon after and the detail is that I have already tested with 5 different Cables Including the original from the factory and the problem persists out that I saw users see this difficulty on other forums, does anyone have the solution? Is there any way to install a new firmware on the same card as the old JXD S5110? Thanks everyone for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X