Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JXD Phone Game Pad S5800 RileyROM 1.0 [MTK6582]

My First Mediatek ROM!!!!!!!!!!

For the last few weeks, I've been learning custom ROM development on the Mediatek platform. It is quite a bit different than the Rockchip devices...but I understand similar to most of the other brands. So, this has been quite a learning process for me...old hat to others. In the process of doing this ROM, I've written a whole new set of development scripts to make the process a little quicker. I think you will be seeing a lot more development of MTK devices here on Freaktab.com.

Thanks to my friend Eric at Geekbuying.com for sending me this cool little phone/toy. He's been twisting my arm for months to start making MTK ROM's. My son and I have really enjoyed playing around with it. I can confirm that the phone and 3G frequencies are compatible with US carriers, as I have it running nicely on AT&T. It's very similar to the JXD S7800B 7" tablet, but at 5" makes a handy portable gaming device. It is a phone, but for me...it's a little bit big for a phone. But it works well as a phone, too.

This ROM is based on the official JXD factory firmware v1.2 dated 1/22/14 featuring Android 4.2.2 Jellybean. You might ask why I didn't use v1.3 for this ROM? I flashed it on my device, and the touch screen didn't work. I've heard there is a hardware change in newer devices, so after a little break, I will go ahead and release a v1.0a from the v1.3 firmware. Maybe sometime next week. I'm traveling this weekend. But I will be monitoring the threads as usual while on the road, if you need any help.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d support added
    Busybox commands added
    Google Play Store fixes added
    Pre-Install/Autoinstall feature added. On first boot, apk's you place on your external SD in a folder named autoinstall will be installed automatically.
    Boot Animation by Me

The installation tutorial is a file named "MTK First Time User's Guide" in the root folder of the ROM kit. This guide is a work in progress, so any comments you have about it is welcome.

Thanks to fellow Freaktab.com developers Abdul_Pt, Daemonium, and 900Supersport for helping me learn the process for MTK devices. Be looking for ROM's from those guys very soon.

Some people have said that the device is rooted out of the box, but at least on this firmware...root wasn't implemented correctly. There are instructions in the First Time User's Guide that will take you through the steps of manually rooting so you can use MobileUncle and Titanium Backup to back up some important files before you flash the ROM. IMPORTANT: You must back up the IMEI number with MobileUncle before you flash, if you ever want to use the phone features.

Here is a link to the stock firmware

If you would like to add CWM Recovery, you can download this file...rename it recovery.img and add it to the RileyROM folder in place of the stock recovery. I would like to give credit to fellow developer Skelton at Dingoonity.org for providing this CWM on his site. He graciously allowed me to post his work here....and it works quite well, BTW!!!!!!

CWM

Here is the ROM download link:

Download

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support more RileyROM's here on Freaktab.com. Your donations help me to purchase more devices/equipment to develop.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 05-09-2014, 23:27.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Great Job! Thanks for your hard working, dude.
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Thank you for the ROM. I hope to receive soon my fixed JXD s5800.

Also thanks to Eric, who managed the problem of my 1st faulty s5800 with competence (I'm Ethaniel, the fellow who started the first thread about this problem on Dingoonity, if you remember ).

If you need it, I still have the v1.2 framework.jar modded to swap the external storage/external microsd storage. Let me know

Comment

Thanks. I'm starting with the simple stuff on these MTK ROMs...I'm still learning the platform.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

[QUOTE=rrileypm;174487]Thanks. I'm starting with the simple stuff on these MTK ROMs...I'm still learning the platform.[/QUOT
          When I receive my fixed s5800 i'll try your ROM and i'll post my impressions about it

Comment

Thanx!

Hey!

Just a quick thanks from me for your effort!
            Rom works great. No problems so far. Even the Tincore mapper which didn't work on
            the stock 1.2 firmware works great with this rom.
            I have not compared the performance.

Thanx!

Comment

!!!!
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

s5800 v1.3

Hello, I got one of these new S5800 with the hardware problem fixed.
                Also there is Clock Work recovery installed too.

This ROM will be compatible? Can I use CWF to flash?
                TN-BX09_V2.1 / 1335 / 2013/05/31

Comment

You need to use the included flash tool. Just follow the instructions in the First Time User's Guide.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I see you include the exact same file for CWM that I made and posted in Dingoonity. No problem for me that you include it, but since you ask for donations, would be nice to mention where the file comes from....

P.D. Nice work for the ROM. I sold my 5800 because of overlapping problems, so I cannot test it unfortunately.

Comment

Sorry...in my haste to get this posted, I forgot to do that. Thanks for your work, and when I get off work I will edit the initial post to credit you.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Riley ROM Good Rom But I Touch ProblemActive for a while and did not touch. To remove the battery to come back to touch WHY?
                        Solve it
                        Last edited by Virus_God; 05-15-2014, 08:19.

Comment

Are the overlapping issues h/w or s/w and if h/w are they fixed on a new batch or still a problem? How do you guys find this devices as a phone or as a gamepad?

Comment

Originally posted by Virus_God View Post
                            Riley ROM Good Rom But I Touch ProblemActive for a while and did not touch. To remove the battery to come back to touch WHY?
                            Solve it
                            Apparently, there are two versions with significantly different touch screen hardware. I tried the v1.3 firmware update on my phone, and the touch screen didn't work...so I used the 1.2 firmware for this ROM because it worked with my hardware.

Without knowing for certain, I suspect that your phone requires the 1.3 firmware.

Here is a link to my firmware source:

You will have to register with the site to download, but try v1.3 and see if it works. If it does, I'll make you a new ROM.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              Apparently, there are two versions with significantly different touch screen hardware. I tried the v1.3 firmware update on my phone, and the touch screen didn't work...so I used the 1.2 firmware for this ROM because it worked with my hardware.

Without knowing for certain, I suspect that your phone requires the 1.3 firmware.

Here is a link to my firmware source:

You will have to register with the site to download, but try v1.3 and see if it works. If it does, I'll make you a new ROM.
                              Thank For Answer
                              I tried the v1.3 firmware update the touch screen didn't work
                              1.2 it worked But Sometime touch screen Problem move the battery to come back to touch?
                              All JXD S5800 WHY?

Comment

Working...
                              X