No announcement yet.

Cube T9 RileyROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't tried to do a ROM that loads from recovery for an MTK device. It's a pretty involved process.

I seem to recall that Cube has some devices with locked bootloaders. I will have to review the process of unlocking...if it is even possible.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Some progress with further modified ROM ??? You would do me a great favor if you could create another, or explain how it's done, I'm ready to help

Comment

If the T9 is anything like the T7, I'm afraid that further development is a NO GO until I (We) have figured out this locked boot loader situation.

I just posted a RANT on the T7 thread expressing my displeasure with Cube. SHAME SHAME SHAME ON CUBE!!!!!!!!

I just received a T7 the other day, and I spent a good chunk of Sunday trying to get a custom ROM to boot on it. It appears the bootloader looks for any modifications in the boot.img or the system.img and gives an error which causes a boot loop.

Someone smarter than me will have to explain how to get around this mess.

I did, however, manage to root the T7 with Kingo Root. That is, I can now run apps that require root permissions to run, but modification of the system and boot partitions is impossible. You can't write to the system...even from a rooted explorer app like X-Plore or ES File Explorer.

Also, it appears that you can't write to internal or external SD. It's a simple modification for me to fix, but when I try, it results in a boot loop.

My next step is to play around with ADB and see if I can write to the system....but like I said, the boot loader looks for any modifications in the system...and shuts down the boot sequence...requiring a flash back to stock.

These Cube tablets are really nice as they are...they just aren't for anyone wanting to customize the firmware. At least they do allow you to uninstall the Chinese apps in settings.

I'm not giving up....but I don't know when I will be able to get back to this project. If anyone reads anything that might help the cause...please post here.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

How about the one in this post?

This is kinda disappointing... I have a P9 which development stop so abruptly within months of release, last active reply on pipo fb was Jan 15, bought T9, at least T9 is stable at 1.08 rooted.

Comment

Hey guys... I seem to have bricked my new T9... I followed the instructions and now when I try to boot into recovery I get the android man with a red exclamation point! I tried reflashing with no change. Any suggestions would be greatly welcome! If I press the power button it enters recover where I go to the factory reset and then reboot. Then all I get is the colorful logo for a split second and it reboots again and again...
            Last edited by jimmy870; 05-31-2015, 23:51.

Comment

Hey guys... I've managed to brick my new t9... I followed rileys instructions and now I get an instant flash of the logo and it reboots... I can boot into recovery and reset but nothing other than the flash of the logo and continuous reboot... I've managed to load twrp recovery + cube t9 but I don't know where to go from here... any suggestions would be greatly welcome!

Comment

You have read other comments? Riley ROM for T9 not work!

Inviato dal mio T9

Comment

Install stock ROM 1.07 with recovery stock with SPFT in download mode. When you have the android man with a red exclamation point, press power button and start recovery mode.
                  Wipe factory mode and reboot.

Inviato dal mio T9

Comment

Originally posted by devilz-wolit View Post
                    Install stock ROM 1.07 with recovery stock with SPFT in download mode. When you have the android man with a red exclamation point, press power button and start recovery mode.
                    Wipe factory mode and reboot.

Inviato dal mio T9
                    I've downloaded the 1.07 stock rom and unzipped folder. what is spft and how do I put in in download mode? Oh and thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Looks like its booting... Fingers crossed!

Comment

Thank you for the Rom Riley, Hi all, not posted on here for a while,My Cube Talk 9x just went mental on me, (ghost touches), more then likely a broken digitizer, So i decided to go to the next level and get a T9 !, I bought from Tinydeal today, in my experience that are pretty fast when the Royal Mail express option is selected so Im hoping next week, week after at the latest. I have a couple of questions, is this ROM based on the newer 1.06 firmware ?As Ive heard this is an essential update because of performance, And also I already have a folding case/wallet that fits my Talk 9x, would this also fit the T9 ?
                        Thank you
                        James

Comment

Originally posted by Relles View Post
                          Thank you for the Rom Riley, Hi all, not posted on here for a while,My Cube Talk 9x just went mental on me, (ghost touches), more then likely a broken digitizer, So i decided to go to the next level and get a T9 !, I bought from Tinydeal today, in my experience that are pretty fast when the Royal Mail express option is selected so Im hoping next week, week after at the latest. I have a couple of questions, is this ROM based on the newer 1.06 firmware ?As Ive heard this is an essential update because of performance, And also I already have a folding case/wallet that fits my Talk 9x, would this also fit the T9 ?
                          Thank you
                          James
                          Read up just a few comments to Mr. Riley's post #63. Cube T9 rom not finished.

As for the 9X case, no...it will not fit. I have this one for my T9 and it is the best I have found. It is a suede type pu material, which is nicer to the touch, and so far is wearing very well. Variety of colors.
                          China-1 Stock | Buy High Quality PU Leather Stand Case for Cube T9 Tablet PC - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.
                          Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post

Read up just a few comments to Mr. Riley's post #63. Cube T9 rom not finished.

As for the 9X case, no...it will not fit. I have this one for my T9 and it is the best I have found. It is a suede type pu material, which is nicer to the touch, and so far is wearing very well. Variety of colors.
                            http://m.geekbuying.com/item/High-Qu...ck-339493.html
                            Yeah I'm using the Italians 1.08 custom rom ( can't remember his forum name, Devil something ),Great Rom, everything is lightning quick 😀.Yes I have one of those cases now, much better thr the 9x case, I never take it out TBH. My T9 got its first holiday trip 2 weeks ago, Battery life was fantastic and it looked very posey in the escape lounge at Stanstead lol) My friends wife had the enemy, An Ipad Air 2!, I think mine out performed hers in every department, apart from the onboard speakers, but now ive installed viper4android I think it will give hers a run for its money in that department too

Comment

Originally posted by Relles View Post
                              Yeah I'm using the Italians 1.08 custom rom ( can't remember his forum name, Devil something ),Great Rom, everything is lightning quick 😀.Yes I have one of those cases now, much better thr the 9x case, I never take it out TBH. My T9 got its first holiday trip 2 weeks ago, Battery life was fantastic and it looked very posey in the escape lounge at Stanstead lol) My friends wife had the enemy, An Ipad Air 2!, I think mine out performed hers in every department, apart from the onboard speakers, but now ive installed viper4android I think it will give hers a run for its money in that department too
                              Is this the one?
                              `1Here is what I found until now regarding ROM's, drivers, mods..not too much, but usefull for guys who want to flash/reflash. Official /Factory ROM's: 1. Hosted
                              Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Working...
                              X