Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENDED - Arnova 10b G2 Resisitive - Finless Bob's "GingerComb" ROM Version 2.1 CWM BETA3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENDED - Arnova 10b G2 Resisitive - Finless Bob's "GingerComb" ROM Version 2.1 CWM BETA3

OK I am moving this thread to here from the original 10b G2 BETA TEST THREAD here.
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM
    That thread is now closed.

This thread is ONLY about the 10b G2 Resistive Screen BETA test.

OK with the above out of the way, here is the BETA TEST 3 ROM for the Arnova 10b G2 Resistive screen!
    We are continuing the BETA test a few more days then I will release the final ROM.
    There is a good chance BETA 3 will be the final ROM!
    Thanks to all that helped solve the problems and tested.....
    I think I have all the bugs worked out now.

My original post about the 2.1 Gingercomb is below along with download links.
    Again this is for the 10b G2 Resistive screen!

Ok folks. With the success of my "Gingercomb" ROM for the 10G2, I am now releasing this same ROM for the
    Arnova 10b G2 Capacitive Screen

Resistive is removed and needs more work. Sorry.
    Arnova 10b G2 Resisitive Screen.

No need for a BETA test as these models are all pretty much the same excpet for the kernel and screen driver. So I hope new bugs do not show up but I kind of doubt it. My testing shows my scripts to make the ROM worked 100%.

Below is my stock description for Gingercomb and the download links below that.

2.1 is really my 2.0D with all of the fixes found to date and I have added Clockwork Mod. Now the testing of CWM was odd I must say. Most it worked for. Some had problems which I cannot repeat myself. It works for me 100%. Heck I can even flash 2.1 and restore 2.0 with no problems at all and visa versa.

Remember though. If you backup say 2.0 and flash 2.1 and try to restore 2.0, YOU WILL be back on 2.0 if you do a full restore! This is because it writes boot.img and system.img BACK! THis is in fact how CWM is suppose to work folks! If you want to try a "advanced" restore and restore your data and setting you can try it. Do an advanced restore and ONLY restore data and cache. If it does not work well... thats the way it goes! CWM is never a 100% gaurentee when you try to restore from different ROMs.

Now for those that dont want to use CWM.... Don't! It will not effect how the ROM works at all! Just on first boot after flash you will get the CWM menu. Select reboot now. DONE... you will never see CWM menu again unless you want to.

Want to know more about what CWM is? Read this:
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...omplete-guide/

Also in the new APP Injector package is Petrus' reboot app. Install this if you want to reboot into recovery from the OS. Other apps wont do it for reasons I have gone into before. It's how Arnova decided to remove support for recovery from the kernel.

And more good news! I got permission from the maker of Button Savior! So that is now cooked into the ROM as a system app

OK for those that do not know what 2.0 is and want to know before flashing 2.1 which again is 2.0 with fixes and CWM, please read this post:

Now last tidbit. Again this does not support 3G sticks. I have explained why many times. I am using the latest Arnova 10 G2 "philly" kernel. This kernel has fixes in it that in my opinion are needed over what the old 10 G2 kernel had. BUT when Arnova made this kernel they killed 3G stick support. I have tried to make this 2.1 ROM using the old kernel but it has major problems with the honeycomb framework. So I will do my best to try more to get 3G sticks working but there is no gaurentee! Sorry but dont blame me for this. Email Arnova and tell them to fix the kernel.

Ok with all that said, here is the 2.1 ROM:

10b G2 Resistive Screen
    ROM -> Arnova 10b G2 Resistive Screen - "GingerComb" Finless 2.1 CWM ROM - BETA3 (215 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!
    Damo - Forum Moderator

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE LINK BELOW

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You
    Last edited by Damo; 07-13-2012, 13:59.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

OK you 10b G2 Resistive BETA testers....

BETA ROM 3 is:

1) The button mappings have been put back! Volume up and down works!
    2) I removed nolock.apk and the buttonmapper.apk. They are not needed anymore.
    3) This has the TSCalibration that works for most testers!

Download for BETA 3 is the link above in the first post.

So based on all your feedback so far I think we have a ROM now?

Only your feedback will make it final

Bob

Comment

return image to v1.5 fro beta3

Bob, for those of us running v1.5 now ,can we use titanium (making a data&system zip file using titanium) to reflash v1.5 with cwm using the titanium data/system zip file if we try beta3? Just in the event we need to go back?

Comment

So far...GREAT!!! I did a reboot with shutdown and pinhole reset and again still works I also turned it off for a bit and still works! WTG Bob!!! Ill keep playing around

Comment

Originally posted by chessir View Post
          Bob, for those of us running v1.5 now ,can we use titanium (making a data&system zip file using titanium) to reflash v1.5 with cwm using the titanium data/system zip file if we try beta3? Just in the event we need to go back?
          You can try. It may work fine or maybe not...... With all the changes I made...... Who knows?
          I think yes it will work.....

Try it and let everyone know!

Bob

Comment

return image to v1.5 from beta3

hi orionkb or tataman:

Can any of you go back to 1.5 , use titanium to make data/system zip file , then flash beta 3 again and use cwm to flash 1.5 again with the titanium zip file? I would do it except I have way too much on my v1.5 I cannot loose.

Comment

Hi chessir, I've not tryed that yet with the screen callibration issues I've had I'd be kinda paranoid about doin to much.I've finally got it settled down, so I think I'm just gonna stay with 2.1 beta 2 and not push my luck trying much more Bob worked his butt off on this one, so I'm sorry I can't give you any help there.
              freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

return image to v1.5 fro beta3

hi tattman,

Thanx for responding. I understand your situation. This is a request to anyone else out there to do the return image with titanium zip file so we'll have more arnova people willing to test beta3 without the risk of loosing 1.5 return image. I've seen this tablet advertised for as low as $150 and with v1.5 or beta3 is one FINE tablet. Perhaps we should buy a second tablet to make it eternal in case of an accident.

Comment

Tried gingercomb beta 3 on 10b g2 resisted screen

Hi bob, tried to flash beta 3 for resisted got to startup screen after second boot and frozup. Tried another 5 flashes but no joy reflashed 1.5 b and no problem works fine... FYI Thanks, send me another if you want...I'll try it... eGor... after flash manual reboot then goes to setup callibration (no touch) you must touch the the marks. Then says "did not work" then either go to desktop or try again. Freezes. Did it six times different ways. No joy... back to 1.5...
                  Last edited by egorflagg; 07-09-2012, 22:53.

Comment

Originally posted by egorflagg View Post
                    Hi bob, tried to flash beta 3 for resisted got to startup screen after second boot and frozup. Tried another 5 flashes but no joy reflashed 1.5 b and no problem works fine... FYI Thanks, send me another if you want...I'll try it... eGor
                    If it booted up initially and then on reset got stuck, chances are you rebooted too soon! After flashing, when the desktop comes up please wait a few minutes for the system to settle down and complete the process of setting up the dalvic cache, file system, etc. I usually wait till the screen times out and goes to sleep then I reboot. If you reboot too soon while the OS was writing data files it will corrupt the file system and on next boot it will get stuck.

Bob

Comment

still working here

Comment

Originally posted by chessir View Post
                        hi tattman,

Thanx for responding. I understand your situation. This is a request to anyone else out there to do the return image with titanium zip file so we'll have more arnova people willing to test beta3 without the risk of loosing 1.5 return image. I've seen this tablet advertised for as low as $150 and with v1.5 or beta3 is one FINE tablet. Perhaps we should buy a second tablet to make it eternal in case of an accident.

Not sure Chessir, I just kept rooting without saving lol

Comment

Hey Bob, I haven't tried the beta 3 not real sure if its gonna work for me with my callibration being screwy as it is, but let me ask you this since my vol. Up button is remapped what about using cwm? Since I need the hard buttons to control it right what am I to do? Everything else is still running great by the way.
                          freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Tattman65. Go into cwm and wipe the dalvic cache than reboot. What done was wipe dalvic and reflashed beta1. Than changed the tscal. Wiping dalvic before flash is what I have to do on my phone.
                            Only install roms with your battery charged fully. 10b g2 2.1r. LG Optimus v cm10. Polaroid pmid4311 4.0.7. Flytouh 1.9. Craig tablet 2.2.

Comment

The button remapping is in the OS. I did not change how the buttons work in CWM so volume up and down in CWM works stock.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X