Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnifico View Post
    Hi Guys,

just coming around. Still enjoying my SGP311 alias Sony Xperia Z tablet.
    It´s not the re-invention of a tablet tech but EVERYTHING WORKS out of the box.
    Over 20.000 Antutu Points...CLEARLY more power which I only expected for gaming but no...even the OS runs like hell. Sure has to do with the fastest Memory I have ever seen build into a mobile device.
    58,5mb/sec. READ and about 28mb/sec. write. That is of course miles ahead of a U30GT2.
    Wlan reception is another dimension compared to the Cube! I can even see WLANs my FritzBox hardly recognizes. Wlan is as hoped much fast too. 2,3 mb/sec versus the 1,35mb/sec with the cube.
    The Display has deeper blacks but not that much I wan´t to point out. Though the all over backlight is more accurate with the Sony the Cube has clear flashlights in corners (especially down right on mine).
    Dustproof and waterproof are more marketing bla bla than really needed...though....look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB7cv-lD2OM

Someone said it in this forum....you get what you pay for.
    The Cube is a good start for those who want good allround talent.
    The Sony is way ahead...in the high end zone.

Some more words about the displays and more....both have Full HD resolution.
    Touch is perfect on both but with the cube I experienced something like dead corners while gaming. Reproduceable!!! Setting the Cube to sleep and reactivation it fixes the problem always right then. Maybe another fault the Cube has.
    I have a feeling that the touchscreen is affected by the heat of the chipset. But I´m just wild guessing. HEAT...yeah...which is never noticeable with the Sony btw. I LOOOOOVE the rubber back of the Sony. With the cheap plastic on the back of the cube I always get sweaty hands with time. Rubber-Sony feels much better in my hands and is definetly useful.
    Accu! Sony 6000mah! Cube 7200mah! But the Sony clearly outruns the Cube.
    6,25h Wlan surfing...4h high power or gaming. Standy is amazing with the stamina mode...
    Doing my thing with the tablet it has not seen a power port for 3d 15h! And 38% battery left. WOOOOWW! Charging....this is where The cube is a clear winner...as I remember 4hrs and the cube is fully charged. The Sony uses 1500mA loading power so this pays off....badly...over 6hrs until that beast is full. Keeping in mind that the cube has 1200mah more accu. Cube loads at 2000mA! Bought a 2000mA loader for the Sony. Will check if it helps. The USB-Port of the Sony....I don´t like it. It´s unprecise and would be impossible to connect something to the USB-Port in the dark. Cube´s is not perfect either but still more precisely made.
    SD Card! The Cube is at its end using a SDHC 32GB card.
    The Sony manages to run a SDXC 64GB card out of the box and since the "S" Tablet from sony runs 128GB cards I guess it will be possible with the "Z" too or soon to be

Hope this is interesting for some of you. If you have questiones on this please do it via PM!

BTW. quick check up shows there has been new firmware V2.03 released!
    Thanks i was also planning to buy the sony tablet z , can you play flash videos via browser ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Magnifico View Post
      Hi Guys,

just coming around. Still enjoying my SGP311 alias Sony Xperia Z tablet.
      It´s not the re-invention of a tablet tech but EVERYTHING WORKS out of the box.
      Over 20.000 Antutu Points...CLEARLY more power which I only expected for gaming but no...even the OS runs like hell. Sure has to do with the fastest Memory I have ever seen build into a mobile device.
      58,5mb/sec. READ and about 28mb/sec. write. That is of course miles ahead of a U30GT2.
      Wlan reception is another dimension compared to the Cube! I can even see WLANs my FritzBox hardly recognizes. Wlan is as hoped much fast too. 2,3 mb/sec versus the 1,35mb/sec with the cube.
      The Display has deeper blacks but not that much I wan´t to point out. Though the all over backlight is more accurate with the Sony the Cube has clear flashlights in corners (especially down right on mine).
      Dustproof and waterproof are more marketing bla bla than really needed...though....look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB7cv-lD2OM

Someone said it in this forum....you get what you pay for.
      The Cube is a good start for those who want good allround talent.
      The Sony is way ahead...in the high end zone.

Some more words about the displays and more....both have Full HD resolution.
      Touch is perfect on both but with the cube I experienced something like dead corners while gaming. Reproduceable!!! Setting the Cube to sleep and reactivation it fixes the problem always right then. Maybe another fault the Cube has.
      I have a feeling that the touchscreen is affected by the heat of the chipset. But I´m just wild guessing. HEAT...yeah...which is never noticeable with the Sony btw. I LOOOOOVE the rubber back of the Sony. With the cheap plastic on the back of the cube I always get sweaty hands with time. Rubber-Sony feels much better in my hands and is definetly useful.
      Accu! Sony 6000mah! Cube 7200mah! But the Sony clearly outruns the Cube.
      6,25h Wlan surfing...4h high power or gaming. Standy is amazing with the stamina mode...
      Doing my thing with the tablet it has not seen a power port for 3d 15h! And 38% battery left. WOOOOWW! Charging....this is where The cube is a clear winner...as I remember 4hrs and the cube is fully charged. The Sony uses 1500mA loading power so this pays off....badly...over 6hrs until that beast is full. Keeping in mind that the cube has 1200mah more accu. Cube loads at 2000mA! Bought a 2000mA loader for the Sony. Will check if it helps. The USB-Port of the Sony....I don´t like it. It´s unprecise and would be impossible to connect something to the USB-Port in the dark. Cube´s is not perfect either but still more precisely made.
      SD Card! The Cube is at its end using a SDHC 32GB card.
      The Sony manages to run a SDXC 64GB card out of the box and since the "S" Tablet from sony runs 128GB cards I guess it will be possible with the "Z" too or soon to be

Hope this is interesting for some of you. If you have questiones on this please do it via PM!

BTW. quick check up shows there has been new firmware V2.03 released!
      Maybe should make a seperate thread for this comparison since this thread is used for the custom rom from 900 supersport. Don't get me wrong it is great you are doing this but this thread is just not the right place.

Comment

problems

loaded this up and it installed fine ,been running it for about 3 weeks without any problems untill now

now the cube wont even turn on

i leave it for 2 hours try to turn on get the loading screen then just turns off

rockchip wont even pick up the cube for me to reinstall another rom

is there any way to hard boot to cube

Comment

Sounds like your power supply has died. Are you using the original item that came with the cube.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
            Sounds like your power supply has died. Are you using the original item that came with the cube.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
            im using a samung usb to the laptop ,,,and the orignal charger ,,but i have 3 cube's all the same make and model so i know its not the power charger

Comment

I've not opened up a gt2, on the u30 gtthere are two pads on the main board beneath the metal frame that can be shorted.

Before disassembly I'd try charging from a different charger. Then if that makes no difference press power for ten seconds to be certain its off. Finally hold vol+ and connect to USB and see if its recognised. After that its time to consider screwdrivers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
              900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

thanks supersport ,,,but by following all them it still wont turn on or laptop connect to it

im going to return it to the seller ,,,,,,

thanks paul

Comment

Sounds a sensible idea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                  X