Dead U30GT2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdickie View Post
    Downloaded the stock ROM kit , As suggested.
    On Launching the RKBatch tool it says Loading config file failed..
    And Its all in Chinese so I can't really see what I'm clicking on any way...
    Next suggestion?!?
    Okay, next trial.

Download the Rockbatchtool from here. Take the version 1.6 to flash the single .img cube stock rom.

It has to be in english, but you see the language button on the left bottom of the screen, where you can change it, if not. Set your device in flashmode. You need a light in the field 1, best would be blue or green. If you have red, you can try to flash, but maybe you need to do it twice or your tablet is still bricked. If you have pink, press switch button before flashing.

Flash with the upgrade button.

JDfense

Comment

Ok So .
      I tried that.. Downloaded RK BAtch tool 1.6
      It automatically saw my Tab and gave me a blue box..
      Selected the .img file i downloaded yesterday from the cube website.
      And clicked upgrade!!! Sadly the same result Download IDB Fail....
      I downloaded RK 1.7 just tto try and same deal.....
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BATCHTOOL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	430289
      Last edited by jdickie; 06-11-2013, 14:44.

Comment

This seems to be a very deep brick.
        Use again the Flashtool to erase IDB and then flash again stock rom. This time with Restore button.

If this does not help, use another, older cube stock rom for trial.

JDfense

PS.: Is idb erasing successfull, needs about 10 sec. If it takes only about 3 sec. then it failed. In this case try another usb cable.

Comment

Looks like it is only taking about 3 sec. to erase IDB..
          So I guess that means it is not really doing it... I have tried 3 different cables ( the one that came with it and 2 others) but still no joy...still taking aprox. 3 sec and telling me its done. Am I right to assume that you need to make sure the nand is clean before re-flashing????

Comment

If you get after the IDB ereasing the blue light with the RKbatchtool, it should be fine for flashing.
            So forget the time. Have you tried an Jellybean 4.1 instead of 4.2 original firmware?

I saw your firmware path. What is this ||||||| ?
            Maybe try another shorter path.

JDfense

Comment

Hey JDfense
              Thanks for all the help....
              I have tried a few 4.1 rom's from our friend SS900 here. TO no sucsess
              T
              the strange lies you are seeing in the path are just place holders for Chinese symbols...
              I tried moving the .img to a shorter path... still the same thing...

It weird... I always get the blue light...

I must be doing something wrong here...

Comment

It is a bit strange, because you get the blue light.

So far, I see no other option. Nand seems to have a bad error.
                Hopefully you have warranty for your tablet.
                Sorry.

JDfense

Comment

Thanks for all your help anyway.
                  I bought the Tab from Geekbuying, They seem to be friends of the Forum here so I hope they will honor their one year warranty even though the firmware has been tamped with..
                  I was just hoping to not have to send it back..
                  Thanks again.

Comment

Same problem. IDB failed. MASKROM MODE....

Comment

Originally posted by SZULIK View Post
                      Same problem. IDB failed. MASKROM MODE....
                      Have you had any luck un-bricking your Cube??

Comment

I tried everything ... This is what I found on the Web and that's what I proposed to customer service. Nothing .... Return to China

Comment

Hey guys!

I succeeded saving mine flashing a single image ROM using Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7

Good luck doing the same.

Comment

Just wonder if there are more people with same problem as me....

I ordered a U30 GT2 but got a bit surprised when it arrived. Expected that the Cube tablets had a 12 V charger connected to a 12 V charging port, not a standard USB charger that I got. The tablet I got wasn´t labelled at all so it was now way to tell if I really got what I ordered.

In fact, the tablet looked identical to the Vido 10 I already have! Anybody experienced the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Leifgg View Post
                              Just wonder if there are more people with same problem as me....

I ordered a U30 GT2 but got a bit surprised when it arrived. Expected that the Cube tablets had a 12 V charger connected to a 12 V charging port, not a standard USB charger that I got. The tablet I got wasn´t labelled at all so it was now way to tell if I really got what I ordered.

In fact, the tablet looked identical to the Vido 10 I already have! Anybody experienced the same?
                              It seems you just got another Vido. Which isn't bad... The U30GT2 is a peace of garbage. My headphone amplifier died after only a few hours of music listening.

I throwed it in the garbage and order a PIPO M9Pro... Much better tablet. Do you like the Vido?

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                                It seems you just got another Vido. Which isn't bad... The U30GT2 is a peace of garbage. My headphone amplifier died after only a few hours of music listening.

I throwed it in the garbage and order a PIPO M9Pro... Much better tablet. Do you like the Vido?
                                Well, I am happy with the M10 but the poor WiFi is something to consider. I am running RilyROM 1.0 KitKat with TWRP recovery and that is a very good option for the M10.

If I compare it with my Xperia Tablet Z it lacks a lot of features but still it´s good for the price!

Comment

Working...
                                X