This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent work Burs!
    - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
    - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
    - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

If you start feeling nostalgic about 4.4, you can try this

What the post says is that you could unpack kernel and recovery .img's from 4.2 for U30GT2 and put them inside 4.4 firmware for U30GTC4 (overwriting its own kernel and recovery). Links for both firmwares are on the same site. It is confirmed by only one member, so we expect additional testing. Unless more people confirm it, I don't plan to mess around with it, but it seems that C4 version is much more reliable, and there's no other issues like with this port from Pipo U8.

Comment

Re: Neomode Custom Rom U30GT2 Android 4.4 Version 0.9

Just installed this to take a look, great piece of work, well done.:thumbup:
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Which one is "this"?
          Did you installed Pipo U8 version or U30C4 version?

Comment

don't!!

Originally posted by Burs View Post
            Which ROM is "thismatures, you installed Pipo U8 version or U30C4 version?
            I would not install this rom till it matures,many things don't work,and its a little laggy in web browser,I could not even watch my HD videos,I could hear them but no display..hope this helps others........

Comment

Yeah I know all that, you were a perfect "guinea pig"
              But I wanted 900supersport to confirm it was C4 version that he installed.
              If I get a valid confirmation everything's ok, I won't even bother with 4.2 next week when my tablet arrives.

Comment

Re: Neomode Custom Rom U30GT2 Android 4.4 Version 0.9

Which one is "this"?
                Did you installed Pipo U8 version or U30C4 version?
                Neo's ROM.

KitKat uses a different kernel to jb despite them being called 3.0.36+.

If you flash the cube ct4 KitKat with earlier kernel it will stop while loading boot.img, I gave this a try just to be certain.

The fact that cube have a KitKat ROM for the ct4 makes me think it won't be long before we have it for the gt2 as well. Hopefully it will be close to stock android.
                900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Well, I am not so sure anymore about that OEM 4.4 ROM from Cube for the U30GT2... It has been a while since they released the one for the C4... Neomode might be our best bet on a 4.4 ROM... He is so far!

I am using his 0.9 since a few days, and I love it. I use an app to control the screen rotation. I just tested the HDMI which works fine. Other than that, I don't feel much lag has some other users seem to experiment.

Comment

FYI: Android 4.4 Beta for U30GT2 from Cube:

Comment

Thanks for the link. Indeed, it is on Cube forum, but is it really from Aldocube, or ported from some other tablet?

Comment

Here is the details page... But not much details. I can't answer your question.

I am going to try it.

Comment

Great! Keep us informed on how it goes.
                          I'll do it on mine when it arrives in a few days...
                          Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the link. Indeed, it is on Cube forum, but is it really from Aldocube, or ported from some other tablet?
                            As I noticed from the sub-forum named "四核豌豆2固件尝鲜团"(Group of beta tester for U30GT2) inside Cube's forum, the official KitKat ROM for U30GT2 was release to those testers.

A file was leaked to the following URL:
                            http://share.weiyun.com/bcbf94e04c5cbc49622156bf435ef4c5
                            namely RK+4.4开发工具.rar.zip (260MB), means "RK 4.4 dev tool",actually it is just a ZIP containing 2 files:

1. RK+4.4开发工具.rar(RK Android tool, for flashing devices)
                            2. U30GT 2 4.4系统20140121.rar (U30GT2 4.4 System image, containing only a "U30GT 2 4.4系统20140121.img")
                            That's all I know from those files. I do read Simplified Chinese, hope this help.

Since the file sizes and structures are quite different from the NCR one, it is more likely an official beta ROM.

Comment

I updated mine, and flashing went just fine.
                              Seems ok so far, only some minor issues, but it's a test version afterall.
                              More of my findings can be found here.

Comment

Neomode on cube forum! :-)

Hi Neomode,

I thought you might like to know that you are now on Cube's forum! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X