• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

I always use the one marked USB.

Sent from my M8 pro
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

What version of Windows are you using?

Do you have an alternate PC to try flashing from?

Sent from my M8 pro
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Windows 7 64 bit. I could try on another computer, yes. Good suggestion.

Any ideas on why RKBatchTool 1.7 can not load the rom?

I'm mainly interested in having full root privileges with the 1.0 officially updated rom; is there a simpler way to get this? I tried to run an autoroot tool again after having updated but it didn't do much.

I've messed up getting the right rockchip USB drivers on two other computers... suggestions on how to get rid of the default windows driver installation would also be helpful...
        Last edited by NCR85; 07-27-2013, 23:25.

Comment

Rkbatchtool is for flashing ROMs which are contained in a single update.img file.

Our process of creating custom ROMs involves unpacking the single image into multiple parts. For that reason, we must use the tool included in the ROM kit.

My First Time User's Guide explains the process of installing the correct driver in Windows to make the Flash Tool work. You might give it a look it over...this might be the problem.

I will do some more looking tomorrow.

Sent from my M8 pro
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

I'm pleased to report that I have solved the puzzle with this ROM and have managed to get the flash process to complete and it boots all the way into the system.

The fact that Freelander failed to provide a stand alone kernel.img in the firmware threw me quite a bit in getting the parameter file correct. By taking the parameter file from the PD900 ROM and tweaking it to the file sizes of the PD800, I was able to get this to work on my Cube U30GT2 tablet.

Although I was not able to test much else, since the wifi wouldn't work on my Cube, I think this is a workable ROM...Finally!!!!!!

I still need to zip and upload this thing. I'm calling it version 1.2...so anyone who's downloaded various test copies won't be confused. This ROM is based on an update provided by the Geekbuying.com blog.

I'll start a new thread for this new version and post a link to it here.

Thanks for the hard work in testing this defective ROM, and I'm sorry it just didn't work right. In the end, though...all is good.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

pleased to hear that; looking forward to downloading it.

but just as a plan B... would it be possible to create an update.img file of official firmware v 1.0 with full root privileges in a single file so RKBatchTool can use it? I've had some success with that tool before so it might be worth a try.

We could maybe add more rom features once we get that working.

Comment

Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.0 [Feedback]

The problem, as I suspected, was in the parameter file. I really don't see a need for a plan b, except for stock firmware.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Results...

Anyone got this to work on a Freelander PD800 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by circusboy View Post
                    Anyone got this to work on a Freelander PD800 yet?
                    There's a new version:

Comment

Be sure and read the whole thread before flashing 1.2. There is a 1.2a ROM, but you need the parameter files from the 1.2 ROM to flash.

When I get time I will put together a whole working kit.

Thanks for being patient.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        Be sure and read the whole thread before flashing 1.2. There is a 1.2a ROM, but you need the parameter files from the 1.2 ROM to flash.

When I get time I will put together a whole working kit.

Thanks for being patient.

Randy
                        I'm i no rush. I'll wait for the kit. That way we can make sure everything is working like gang busters. Thanks for everything!

Comment

Need help on my PD800

Hi,

I just bought a PD800, and after using it for 3 days, it doesn't boot up anymore. I got a black screen, and no matter what buttons to push, it won't be turn on. It just won't respond! So I really need some help to see how to savage this machine again. I don't know what caused it to crash. I was using it just fine serving the web, and then I plugged the charger back, and that was the last time it worked.

So hope someone can help me to save this machine. It was working pretty good for a few days. But now, it simply won't turn on anymore.

Comment

Is there a hole on the back, or side that says reset? If so...take a paper clip and press it. See if it will boot.

Are you still using the stock firmware?

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

It works!

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              Is there a hole on the back, or side that says reset? If so...take a paper clip and press it. See if it will boot.

Are you still using the stock firmware?

Randy
                              Hi Randy,

Thank you so much for your quick help! Yes, I found the reset hole on the back, and press it with a pin, and I am able to reboot now! So can you tell me what happened? What caused it to behave like that?

And yes, I believe I still have the stock firmware since I have only received it from the store a few days ago.

I had two Nextway F9X before, and both had to be returned back to the store since both had WIFI dropping issues. And now I got the store to exchange it to something different, (which is now the Freelander PD800), and I was hoping the Rockchip tablet will be more stable than the F9X. It scared me big time since it went all "black screen" only for 3 days! Hope this is just a hiccup, and not a "real" problem of this tab.

Thank a million again!

Comment

No problem.

There are numerous causes for freezes. Freelander isn't real good about updating their firmware. It's possible there is a conflict going on with some app you installed. Or it could be something you were doing at the time it froze. Was the charger plugged in? Try to think of what combination of things going on at the time. We're you using Bluetooth and wifi at the same time?

Randy
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X