Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense pushed out an update, and v2.1 of android firmwiremod is based on it!

To stop the nagging update notification and potentially have less bugs and a more stable ROM, please flash this version of android firmwiremod that is based on this new update!
    Last edited by AndroidFanatic; 11-20-2014, 03:28.
    "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Was This an OTA?

My bad. Now I'm looking for the latest firmwiremod. Thought I had it.

Best,
      Frank

Comment

The latest firmwiremod is in the original post of this thread which was updated today!

Originally posted by franktokc View Post
        My bad. Now I'm looking for the latest firmwiremod. Thought I had it.

Best,
        Frank
        That OTA update pushed yesterday so, today I took a ROM Dump and made v2.1 of android firmwiremod out of it before rrileypm could find out about it for his ROM! His ROM is still based on the ROM Dump from 2 months ago!
        "I am a fan of android and other tech stuff like windows and linux on the desktop! I will contribute what I can to the FreakTab community, but only, what I'm willing to" -AndroidFanatic

Comment

Any way of developing Lollypop?

Comment

Lollipop, Lollipop ! Remember the Song?

Originally posted by xrko View Post
            Any way of developing Lollypop?
            From the factory or by the devs? I have a Moto G first edition, came with Jellybean; Motorola OTA'd KitKat. Just recently they (Moto) announced they will be upgrading my Moto G to Lollipop. How lucky can one get? And I only paid $100.00 for the phone. Don't expect Hisense to do the same for us. We may have to wait for Cyanogen Mod to help us;although I'm predicting that 'AndroidFanatic' will have a lot of goodies in store in the future. That kid is a genius! (Practically everyone's a kid to me. I just turned 70 in September.)

Best,
            Frank
            Last edited by franktokc; 11-20-2014, 07:54. Reason: Changed spelling of lollipop in the body. (Two l's)

Comment

Tell me what you think of my ROM!

Originally posted by AndroidFanatic View Post
              Tell me what you think of my ROM!
              Lookin' goood!

Best,
              Frank

Comment

Going to give it a go. Am currently running the other rom in this forum and i noticed this tab just loaded an upsate and wants to install. Going to beat it to the punch. Thanks for the rom upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post
                  Going to give it a go. Am currently running the other rom in this forum and i noticed this tab just loaded an upsate and wants to install. Going to beat it to the punch. Thanks for the rom upgrade.
                  Your always welcome!

Comment

Quick question, i hit the download link and when it loads it does not let me download or give me that option. Do i need a Google Docs account to download this rom?

Comment

I thought I shared it so anyone on the web could view it! I thought downloading worked also because...

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post
                      Quick question, i hit the download link and when it loads it does not let me download or give me that option. Do i need a Google Docs account to download this rom?
                      I thought I shared it so anyone on the web could view it! I thought downloading worked also because, it did without me signed in to any google account!

Comment

I may be doing it wrong. I opened up your link with one of my Samsung tablets and it have me the option to view with Google drive and when that was picked it started to download automatically.

Comment

Using my laptop now and it is downloading flawlessly. I keep forgetting that this tablet uses the installer and not custom recovery to flash. I have too many devices. LOL. My bad. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

AFanatic I am going to use the flash tool. I already have TWRP installed and I would like to keep it. I will uncheck recovery. Is this ok? What about IDB? Leave #1 unchecked? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by xrko View Post
                              AFanatic I am going to use the flash tool. I already have TWRP installed and I would like to keep it. I will uncheck recovery. Is this ok? What about IDB? Leave #1 unchecked? Thanks.
                              If you erase IDB, you'll have to reflash everything but the loader! Likewise if you flash parameter, you'll also have to reflash everything but the loader! As for flashing the loader, if you install it it's at your own risk, so leave it unchecked unless you want to risk it and end up with a brick if it flashes wrong! Otherwise I would leave loader unchecked, uncheck recovery, and uncheck parameter! That should do what you want! Good luck and welcome! ☺

Comment

AndroidFanatic Very nice! No problems, the update is gone and all my apps are still there, including TWRP. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X